The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Yawning Man

What happens when you die?

Hello there

The past few weeks and some events have had me thinking about my mortality. And it eventually lead me to pondering what happens when a person dies. I've often thought about what we are alive. Energy.

Chemical, electrical, heat, sound energy (and minerals). Energy is neither created or destoyed, but simply changes form. So in a way i've existed all along, since the beginning of time, but just in different forms. Whether or not i've had the same level of conciousness/awareness as i have now, i guess i'll never know.

I've also wondered. Is there a way to keep the collective conciousness of myself when i die? Is there a way to keep my energy together and stop it becoming a part of the earth, bacteria, worms, plants. I mean, can i keep this level or awareness so that i can possibly explore different levels of existence and realities? Maybe even discover another intelligent race and become a part of them. I have no fucking idea.

Anyway, i'm sure you all have your own ideas on the afterlife. Please share them.

So many fucking questions, not nearly enough answers.

cheers

dunno but i go with a fairly popular line of thought. your physical body is the most transient, and along with it's immediate energy body it only lasts a century give or take. you default to the next lowest energy body, the astral body. bugger arse around for a few centuries and then take another physical body for some more rapid learning.

nah you just die... your consciousness becomes the same thing it was before you were born... you won't really miss it when its gone. But if you have kids, bring them up the way you think a human being should be brought up, then a little bit of you will live on in your kids... your genes, your values, your spirit etc.

All is light in vibration' we drop this physical body and become part of universe conciousness' we live in the memories of those that live' also through genetic reflections' as of when' we come back again' to learn another lesson' or learn the lesson we failed to learn this time'

We are eternal'

Light'

We have no memory in all conciousness' because memory is a biological feedback loop'

We drop the body and become part of the all'

Bodies like keys to locks' keys of vibrations of light'

Humanity is all the same being' like the blood cells of a great beast' the psychi of humanity' would be the great beast' everything living/vibrating/existing' has the sentience of the all'

Concious light in vibration'

We have no memory as of when we drop the body' because as a being of light' we have no need of rememberances'

Spirit lives on through DNA reflection' to be evoked of by folks' through psychic reflections'

Ez

Nobunoni +

Hard question as one would need to go the afterlife and return.

But I think is a instanteous transition to heaven.

No energy states involved like a atomic atom.

The above opinions sounds vaguely like a reincarnation afterwards outlook.

If one has family members, a reincarnation outlook is not what wants.

Like being reincarnated in a fish tank as a zebra fish with other zebra fish.

Not a soothing, convincing, or actual outlook for family members.

But for a university style student outlook as phase of life objective phase.

Drugs and sex is alot better than getting drafted for world war 1 which England and Russia and Germany did.

Alot longer time too think about things as a student then being drafted, when Mustard gas, artillary shells, and the Maxim Machine Gun are firing to the trenches at you.

http://www.firstworldwar.com/atoz/mgun_maxim.htm

http://www.historyonthenet.com/WW1/weapons.htm

'Rifle

World War One Rifle

The main weapon used by British soldiers in the trenches was the bolt-action rifle. 15 rounds could be fired in a minute and a person 1,400 metres away could be killed.

Machine Gun

Machine Gun in World War One

Machine guns needed 4-6 men to work them and had to be on a flat surface. They had the fire-power of 100 guns.

Large field guns had a long range and could deliver devastating blows to the enemy but needed up to 12 men to work them. They fired shells which exploded on impact.

Gas

Mustard Gas

The German army were the first to use chlorine gas at the battle of Ypres in 1915. Chlorine gas causes a burning sensation in the throat and chest pains. Death is painful - you suffocate! The problem with chlorine gas is that the weather must be right. If the wind is in the wrong direction it could end up killing your own troops rather than the enemy.

Mustard gas was the most deadly weapon used. It was fired into the trenches in shells. It is colourless and takes 12 hours to take effect. Effects include: blistering skin, vomiting, sore eyes, internal and external bleeding. Death can take up to 5 weeks.'

--------------------------------------------------------------

And remember a nuke is only useful on cities not the military installation unless used first[ use it or loss it], and used on citys anyway.

Question. Are you afraid of death?

My idea of the afterlife has changed over the years. I don't think i believe in it, but if there is a heaven then i will gladly become a part of it. To live in eternal bliss is a dream.

cheers

Mustard gas was the most deadly weapon used.
Mustard gas was lethal in only about 1% of cases; its effectiveness was as an incapacitating agent. Countermeasures against the gas were relatively ineffective, since a soldier wearing a gas mask was not protected against absorbing it through the skin.

Furthermore, mustard gas was a persistent agent which would remain in the environment for days and continue to cause sickness. If mustard gas contaminated a soldier's clothing and equipment, then other soldiers he came into contact with would also be poisoned. Towards the end of the war it was even used in high concentrations as an area-denial weapon, which often forced soldiers to abandon heavily contaminated positions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mustard_gas

i think you could make a good case that blistering ov the lungs, while painful & probably life shortening, is a preferable way to exit a war than blown apart by artillery or riddled w/machine gun fire.

Question. Are you afraid of death?

My idea of the afterlife has changed over the years. I don't think i believe in it, but if there is a heaven then i will gladly become a part of it. To live in eternal bliss is a dream.

cheers

Im not so much afraid of it, i dont have any strong believes in what happens when you go as yet, but i fear it in the way that, whichever way you go there is a pain to it, since i had my first and strongest panic attack where i thought i was going to die without a shadow of a doubt, well thats what i fear, that feeling.

And after watching my grandmother die in the hospital last month while she was sleeping (induced coma) , i saw the moment she left, and even in her sleep she let out a little shock/jump with a last hard gasp of air. so everyone that says its good to go in your sleep i think are mistaken, theres no difference. when you go, like it or not, afraid of it or not, you feel it. i fear the feeling of it.

Im not so much afraid of it, i dont have any strong believes in what happens when you go as yet, but i fear it in the way that, whichever way you go there is a pain to it, since i had my first and strongest panic attack where i thought i was going to die without a shadow of a doubt, well thats what i fear, that feeling.

And after watching my grandmother die in the hospital last month while she was sleeping (induced coma) , i saw the moment she left, and even in her sleep she let out a little shock/jump with a last hard gasp of air. so everyone that says its good to go in your sleep i think are mistaken, theres no difference. when you go, like it or not, afraid of it or not, you feel it. i fear the feeling of it.

Ha, it seems funny that you are afraid of something that will only last a millisecond. And it's not like you are going to remember it once you're gone. Then again i don't know that for sure. It sucks to think that the last thing a person would feel before dying is pain.

I'm not afraid of death. What's there to be afraid of really? I think a persons fear comes from them wanting to hold on to what they have in this life, which is kind of stupid as there's every possibilty the idea of possesions, family, feelings etc goes out the window when you die. Know what i mean?

cheers

yea, it is kind of stupid lol, but i donno, guess its just the fear of the fear you feel in those milliseconds. a possible "hell" that lasts a second, but from what i remember when i thought i was going to die wi th my panic attack the feeling even though it lasted a second felt like an eternity..

Im working on it slowly, i think the way you view is it of a Buddhist nature? which is good and smart, just harder to attain for some then others :(

actually i think that buddhists place great emphasis on the moment of death. the idea of generating karma for the next incarnation has much to do with how you spend your last moment.

you are born in agony and probably die in agony. pain is a part of life here and it needs to be. at least most of us don't experience the worst of it, and it's never permanent.

the idea of one shot at life followed by eternal bliss creeps me out. it's crazy talk. it doesn't give god much credit TBH.

yea, it is kind of stupid lol, but i donno, guess its just the fear of the fear you feel in those milliseconds. a possible "hell" that lasts a second, but from what i remember when i thought i was going to die wi th my panic attack the feeling even though it lasted a second felt like an eternity..

Im working on it slowly, i think the way you view is it of a Buddhist nature? which is good and smart, just harder to attain for some then others :(

ah it's not actually, just my ideas. I see how you would think that, but i've tried and still can't really understand buddhism lol. Ah anyway, everything is made of atoms right? So when we die those atoms are still there, so maybe we just become a part of the universe and a higher level of awareness. A bit vague, i need to think some more.

cheers

if we're going to be all science about this, atoms aren't everything. maybe more accurate to say that everything is energy, or if you subscribe to holography maybe it's better to say everything is information.

let's say consciousness lives on. do you embrace everything or embrace one tiny human lifespan?

ah it's not actually, just my ideas. I see how you would think that, but i've tried and still can't really understand buddhism lol. Ah anyway, everything is made of atoms right? So when we die those atoms are still there, so maybe we just become a part of the universe and a higher level of awareness. A bit vague, i need to think some more.

cheers

for what its worth, its my opinion that our conciousness are these atoms dancing together in a certain way and death is the end of the dance.

i therefore cant see how a higher awareness after death would work.

Diamond conciousness can never die'

Only the body dies'

This conciousness as of our percpective dies with the body' but the conciousness as a whole' continues'

It is the sentience of the universe that looks through the experiences of our bodies' our lives' as of when we drop the body'

Memory stops'

The energy goes back from the keyhole of our minds/bodies' back to the great key' all conciousness'

The universe uses our bodies our perseptions to learn about itself' this is why it created us' so as it could experience itself'

No thing is wasted/destroyed within the kingdom' all is recycled'

As of when the key to the DNA body mind you walk in now' is born again of another body' the conciousness perseption' the same' but a reflection of yours now' is re-activated' and the all concousness carries on it's learning from/through the genetic memory of the body mind'

As long as DNA is life' this diamond conciousness shall keep replicating itself and learning'

This is my take on of why we have bodies and mind' our mind ruled by emotion/universe conciousness'

All is in the mind'

The mind of the universe'

We only lose our perseptions as of when the body dies'

As long as we can keep breading/breathing' life as we know it is eternal'

Only memory thinks of self as an individual'

We are all the same'

Just like bees in a hive' all one conciousness'

Bliss

Nobunoni +

i find those moments of life when death seems imminent, when you have to except that at any moment you could be dead are real good for the soul.

as for what happens when you do die? i'm gonna just wait & see.

although i reckon dmt definitely provides some pretty interesting insights.

i dont know about all you guys & girls ........but i am going to the eternal hunting grounds!

No one knows. I think what happens when we are alive is more important.

"Unless a grain of wheat goes into the ground and dies, it remains alone, but through it's death it produces a lot of grain"

- John 12:24

if we're going to be all science about this, atoms aren't everything. maybe more accurate to say that everything is energy, or if you subscribe to holography maybe it's better to say everything is information.

let's say consciousness lives on. do you embrace everything or embrace one tiny human lifespan?

No agree with you thunder, everything is energy including atoms. I didn't mean to get scientific, but the thought that everything is atom/energy reminds me of people who say that we are all one thing. And in that sense if god exists then we are a part of it. I don't have one idea/theory that i believe more than others so sorry if i contradict what i said in other posts.

Anyway, i'd embrace everything. But if i were to remember my time on earth then i would deffinately look on it as a worthwhile time. As death would be another whole different reality to life, with differnt feelings, experiences and maybe even with different laws of physics etc.

cheers

Edit: @ woof - i hope you mean mushroom hunting grounds :drool2:

Edited by peaceful_son

I don't have one idea/theory that i believe more than others so sorry if i contradict what i said in other posts.

heh i know what that's like.

I don't have one idea/theory that i believe more than others so sorry if i contradict what i said in other posts.

heh i know what that's like.

I'd say the same thing.

I have no one belief, just a mixture of many. I have pretty much no idea what is going to happen. I don't really fear death, but that could change when I am on it's doorstep. :P Some things have lead me to believe that there is more after death though. Possibly eternal bliss, maybe reincarnation, maybe in some alternate universe I'll live on, who knows. But, if worst comes to worst, you can still rely on what Undergrounder said, leaving behind your genes, morals and spirit. And I have always liked the idea that when I die, the nutrients and energy from my body will go back into the earth. If there's nothing after death, then I will be dead, so it won't really matter anyway.

I recently went on a Uni medical lab tour for an Anatomy course I was studying. We were shown a variety of whole and disected bodies/parts. The bodies that were whole had a really calming peaceful expression. Whenever I think about death, I feel a weird sense of peace. That leads me to believe that death won't be a bad or traumatic thing (unless I get hit by a car or something).

Stink

Edited by Stinkmeat

That leads me to believe that death won't be a bad or traumatic thing (unless I get hit by a car or something).

reminds me of a joke

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep just like my grandpa, not yelling and screaming like the passengers in his car."

I tend to think that the nature of the afterlife depends heavily on the pre-death state. Like TI was saying about generating karmic conditions for the next incarnation, the karmic conditions for the inter-incarnatory period would be set by one's mental/emotional/spiritual state. Thus going to 'Hell' - being a hell of your own making. Similarly, Heaven. Basically an extension of the 'like attracts like' principle, applied to subtle energy realms.

There have been times when that idea is all that's kept me from suicide (excuse morbidity). Wilfully ending life in a state of severe depression would not land one in the most pleasant of surrounds, if it holds any water.

Foray into obvious territory: shouldn't we pay some attention to near death experiences to inform us about last moments of life, and possibly first moments of post-life? Even if NDEs are phenomena of a stressed and suffocating brain, surely they have some relevance?