The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
apothecary

UrbanTribes could be back soon

Went out to see the friendly folks at Urban Tribes on the weekend, once again I got a bunch of very healthy cactus for a steal of a price and a heap of interesting freebies :wink:

Definitely worth the effort. Recommend people check their site out.

Looks like the rolling of the ball has begun.

UT will be returning to their good old osCommerce setup shortly, so you can actually order online without needing to manually fill in a form.

The gallery will be moved to a non-public backend and linked along with the UT youtube vids into the blog.

Hopefully with the support of the community we can get this show back on the road!

Good news. I also paid them a visit on the weekend and was sufficiently impressed.

:worship:

Sina- can you give advice on how to leave a review on the UT site?

I visited them a couple of weeks ago and want to give credit where due.

There is only one place in Sydney to get Trichocereus -

They were great for a chat too ;)

Log in, click the product you want to review, click Reviews, click Write Review.

Edited by Sina

hmmm that doesn't seem so hard... ;) - thanks mate

Edited by watertrade

Clare is probably the most professional person I have dealt with in ages! i mean that in terms of the service she provides to her customers [in this case me] and I would recommend UT because of this service. All businesses could take a page out of her book and the retail world would be a much nicer place and it woulod be a lot easier for them to part us from our money!!!!

Hi where actually is the nursery..?

Log in, click the product you want to review, click Reviews, click Write Review.
Edited by Hunab Ku

They're in Western Sydney (but not too west). It's probably best if you contact them yourself (I did via email, you can probably do it by phone if you check the website) to arrange a time to visit them. They can also deliver/ship products you find on their site.

Good news. I also paid them a visit on the weekend and was sufficiently impressed.

:worship:

I would love to pay them a visit too.

To get back my $200 for an order I placed and paid for on the 16/02/09

That's pretty sad lickapop, I got a pedro and peru tip cutting from these guys several weeks ago.

They were really healthy and bigger (width!!!) than I expected.

Sure, they weren't the fastest (im guessing they were cut & calloussed to order), but were definitely worth the wait for some descent 'mother' plants.

That's pretty sad lickapop, I got a pedro and peru tip cutting from these guys several weeks ago.

They were really healthy and bigger (width!!!) than I expected.

Sure, they weren't the fastest (im guessing they were cut & calloussed to order), but were definitely worth the wait for some descent 'mother' plants.

I know its sad..I def dun mind waiting for it

just dont like getting told it is posted when it never was

Edited by lickapop

I know its sad..I def dun mind waiting for it

just dont like getting told it is posted when it never was

Thats a massive surprise to hear that lickapop I purchased a T. Panchoi from the late last year and recieved a really quick response to any question etc. that i had, found delivery time pretty good to have you tried getting in contact with them again I'm sure there's a valid explanation

Thats a massive surprise to hear that lickapop I purchased a T. Panchoi from the late last year and recieved a really quick response to any question etc. that i had, found delivery time pretty good to have you tried getting in contact with them again I'm sure there's a valid explanation

I am sure there would be a valid explanation too

From my personal experience 95% of postal problems [lost or 'delayed in transit' orders] are due to customer mistakes in their addresses. This ranges from providing the wrong state [or no state] to putting only the street number, but no name [or vice versa], and even completely wrong addresses. In almost all cases the customer is indignant until proof is provided to the contrary. The amazing thing is that in one way or another more than 10% of all orders we get have mistakes in their addresses! Unbelievable really, but something we've learnt to live with.

So my recommendation to anyone who doesn't get their goods from ANY supplier is to first check your own end - twice!

But as not all suppliers use computer print out address labels it is obviously possible for errors on the vendor end too. So for $200 orders it is definitely worthwhile to spend a couple of extra bucks on registered mail or even insured mail. That way you at least have some certainty whether the fuck up is at the vendor end or with auspost.

One other thing to consider is that Auspost often does not card parcels properly. It pays to go to your local delivery office and check if the item is sitting there waiting for you. For standard parcels they will wait 4 weeks before returning to sender, so it might take 6 or7 weeks all up to find out that your parcel was indeed sent, but auspost fucked up.

Hey Lickapop, UT won't rort ya' man, they're first class people. I'd put money on a fuck-up in transit.

Hey Lickapop, UT won't rort ya' man, they're first class people. I'd put money on a fuck-up in transit.

Thanks man, I always sweat it on first orders with new vendors. Esp when you are out of contact with them.

All will be cool, I received a email friday saying it was sent Wednesday so fingers crossed this week :lol:

My order was picked up today.

Big mofu fat healthy plants.

And the guys at UT sent double my order.

Pretty impressive in the end :)