The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Genesis

Salvia divinorum

I did I search on Salvia divinorum seeds. No info... Legal status in Australia? I am assuming they are illegal like everything else that is great.

I would really like to obtain some seeds, but you know... I am probably 7 years to late...

Cheers in advance kids,

Gen

seed is as rare as plant seeds can get.

good luck is all i can say!

Yes, I also read that somewhere, but I thought I would ask...

I'd love to get my hands on a good cutting but what can you do?

Not a great deal apparently.

It's pretty dumb how some one can be growing a plant in their backyard perfectly legally then the next day BAM you can be arrested for it.

Like what's happening to the Loph., its mad.

People could go years without realising they are commiting a crime.

Like I am sure there are a tonne of people out there with Salvia in their gardens growing with the rest of their herbs and they are unaware of its legal status.

If you know what I mean...

Gen

From what ive read seeds are virtually non-existant. I had a cutting from a plant shop before the ban but unfortunately it perished because of over care from me and not enough research on what care to give. Maybe one day another one will find me but even then I couldn't grow it which is a pity because I never got to experience what I've heard described as an incredible experience. But as you say, what can you do.

Peace,

Mind

They never produce viable seeb as far as i know. The plant hates direct sunlight, but will grow like a weed if left alone in the right environment.

Mine got a bad infestation of spider mites or something similar and i decided to use white oil, poor choice, and that smothered and killed the plant unfortunately.

I have read of them very rarely producing seed that has on occasion been sold for like $200+ but it might just be web BS.

Peace,

Mind

They never produce viable seeb as far as i know. The plant hates direct sunlight, but will grow like a weed if left alone in the right environment.

UTfarrrrrrrrknSE

UTfarrrrrrrrknSE

UTFSE hey ? WTF would i do that for...................

Edited by 2b

UTFSE hey ? WTF would i do that for...................

"they never produce viable seed" may be your experience, but it is certainly not true in all cases...UTSE :rolleyes:

"they never produce viable seed" may be your experience, but it is certainly not true in all cases...UTSE

Thanks for sharing :wub:

I actualy said they never produce viable seeb(spelling mistake and all) as far as i knowBut rest assured that in the future i will UTFSE beffore i post. :rolleyes:

Sooooooo... Who has a cutting? :P

My carrier pigeons can fly them in from New Zealand

$100 dollars a cuttings. :lol:

$100 dollars a cuttings

now thats criminal, for a plant that is so easy to root cuttings any more than $10 to me seems wrong but $25 seems to be the general going price when i have seen them around

My carrier pigeons can fly them in from New Zealand.

I'm kiddin' man! :lol:

How tight is customs when coming from NZ?

They get 150 million packages a year and inspect 80,000. That's only 0.053%.

AQIS says that 100% of incoming parcels are screened by sniffer dogs, and I'm sure they know what sally smells like.

And the bureaucrats (justifiably, in most cases) don't take kindly to naughty stuff coming in from O/S. I once had some stuff sent to my PO box that wasn't mine (I had no knowledge of it at all) and I got a very stern letter from Customs saying that if it ever happened again I'd be charged. Trying to 'prove' that it wasn't mine would have involved a stat dec putting my teenage nephew in the poo (he'd turned out to be the culprit), and in the end I left it alone, but Customs and Quarantine aren't to be messed with.

Bummer, I know, but better safe than sorry.

Ya, major bummer, I import Lophophora and other botanicals into the U.S.A. all the time without any problems.

Mods, I imagine this topic is getting pretty close to the line of whats acceptable to discuss in a public forum

well said!