The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
dood

Spores

I am currently researching psilocybin cubensis species and am wondering if anyone may have a spare spore print available?

Please please post me, I can offer renumeration if needed.

Many thanks,

Dood.

ok sure! you can have the one i keep in my pocket...

Edited by Pixel

I am currently researching psilocybin cubensis species and am wondering if anyone may have a spare spore print available?

Many thanks,

Dood.

I think you might have a little trouble. From my understanding even the spore print is illegal in Aust. thus making people reluctant to own up if they have one.

I have seen a few posts around here asking for cube prints and I don't think any were given out :P

Your better off just looking around your local park for subs... Tiss the time of year.

Sorry I can't help you out but good luck with your search man.

ALSO I have heard good things about people getting them shipped from overseas, but as I already said, illegal, so its really not worth the risk.

Cheers,

Gen

Many thanks,

Dood.

Try googling free spores and see what comes up :)

I think you might have a little trouble. From my understanding even the spore print is illegal in Aust. thus making people reluctant to own up if they have one.

I have seen a few posts around here asking for cube prints and I don't think any were given out :P

Your better off just looking around your local park for subs... Tiss the time of year.

Sorry I can't help you out but good luck with your search man.

ALSO I have heard good things about people getting them shipped from overseas, but as I already said, illegal, so its really not worth the risk.

Cheers,

Gen

From my constant lurking on these forums i seem to recall that through some magical legal loophole spore prints of "active" :shroomer: mushrooms are in fact legal. Am i wrong? If not.. and some kind person with a surplus of said items would happen to be feeling generous i too would greatly appreciate a print (for microscopic study of course, not cultivation which would be against the law). feel free to PM me.. will trade for a nice bottle of scotch or other liquid.

i seem to recall that through some magical legal loophole spore prints of "active" mushrooms are in fact legal

Not is Aus - they are classed as part of the 'plant' so they are illegal. America and most of Europe allow them because they dont contain psilocybin. Bit of a shame for us in Aus, but there are plenty of legal species that are suitable for mycroscopy, if thats what you are into :)

So when exactly did this law change ACE? I don't remember reading anything about that in the news or legals sections. As far as I am aware the spore prints of all species of mushrooms, psilocybe, Panaeolus, Gymnopilius, etc are all legal for microscopy purposes only. How one obtains a spore print from of such species without ever being in possession of the said mushroom species without importing it into Oz from a legal spore supplier is a grey area. (NOTE: Importing spore prints IS illegal!)

and if I do a quick search through the for trades and sales section I can find this post from not too long ago. Maybe contact them.

Naja, I am almost certain that prints are illegal because the laws regarding possession of psilocybe sporeprints were slapped in the same category as possession of the mushrooms, even though they dont contain psiloX.

Sorry, I was 99% certain on this, however you could be right that it is in relation to importing only. I sincerely appologise if I am wrong because I cant stand misinformation as much as the next SAB-ster.

If you are indeed correct, do you know if would people be able to set up a spore supply that included actives like there are in the States/Europe? Or would this fall under the grey area because their origins would indicate that the seller has been involved with a class 1 drug/fungus? Sorry for the thread hijack and any misinformation!

Edit: To quote Torsten in THIS thread:

AFAIK spores are illegal despite them not having psilocybin

Correct. Spores are part of the genus and the genus is listed in the federal criminal code act. This includes all parts, regardless of whether they contains psilox.

However, I am not entirely sure if Torsten was referring to import only, or if this includes general possession within Australia. I knew I had read it somewhere recently :)

Edited by Ace

I am pretty sure he was refering to importation only. Otherwise he would shut down every spore print sale that occurs here. I certainly would not be willing to try and argue having a spore distribution website within oz, there has been one in the past but it no longer operates.

Thanks for the advice Naja, and apologies for the confusion to all. I was just under the same impression as Gen because there have been several recent claims that they are illegal to possess.

EDIT: Have managed to find some more info HERE

Ergoamide:

I'm unsure as to what legalities we will be dealing with here. Spore are LEGAL, they do not contain a controlled substance. If the purpose of this spore ring is simply to spread prints around to interested mycologists then there will be no legal implicaions providing the site does not condone or advertise that spores that can be used to grow illicit mushrooms are for growing there is no legal problem.

Ballzac:

Spores ARE legal, but the ownly way a spore ring can survive is with the cultivation of the fungii. I doubt THAT in itself would be enough evidence for prosecution, but it MIGHT be enough to obtain a search warrant.

Looks like you hit the nail on the head Naja - again sorry for all the confusion and the hijack :blush:

Edited by Ace

I tried to import a syringe recently (and was unaware of the spores being illegal!). Good old AQIS took care of it for me though, along with my salvia cutting :(

At least they let me keep my growkit :lol:

Oh I should add, they simply reminded me that importing live plant material is not allowed and to be more careful in the future. Hint taken...

Bovine, you got off luckier than you could have.

It is under AQIS discretion to forward your package on to Customs (who will most likely also only send you a warning letter of first offense but this is up to them) who have the right to bust you. Quarantine does not handle the legal side of things.

Yeah I'm not complaining about the result, they said they incinerated the plant material. All's well :)

I think I have said this before but I had a syringe confiscated. I still have the letter somewhere, it was from the Narcotics department and described my package as a "Narcotics related item" but if I would like to collect I need to contact them to arrange.

Needless to say I never got in contact with them, but nothing came of it. AFAIK spores themselves aren't illegal.

spore prints arent illegal in australia, but if you get one sent to you and your one of the unlucky and its intercepted, you will get a visit from your friendly neighbourhood fed...

um i got raided once and i had spore prints in the house, pigs opened up the foil and contaminated them then threw them on the ground. they asked and i answered- they are spore prints of an unidentified mushroom, which i intend on examining under a microscope for the purposes of identification :wink: . no charges for that one.. (rightfuly so)

:P Yeah ive recived a letter too..'was trying to "get in" a funky aquraium

type incubator + spores from the Nederlands. I had a few e mails with the vendor who

assured me that it would be as discreet as poss,that he's sent here before (failed to ask if successful),

No signage or ads etc.......got the friendly customs letter and an awesome poster of Stropharia Cub.

that the the vendor put in the box.. :o