The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
holymountain

NASA Astronaut Claims Aliens Exist

Interesting stuff...

from: http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,2...5002700,00.html

Moon-walker claims alien contact cover-up

FORMER NASA astronaut and moon-walker Dr Edgar Mitchell - a veteran of the Apollo 14 mission - has stunningly claimed aliens exist.

And he says extra-terrestrials have visited Earth on several occasions - but the alien contact has been repeatedly covered up by governments for six decades. Dr Mitchell, 77, said during a radio interview that sources at the space agency who had had contact with aliens described the beings as 'little people who look strange to us.' He said supposedly real-life ET's were similar to the traditional image of a small frame, large eyes and head.

Chillingly, he claimed our technology is "not nearly as sophisticated" as theirs and "had they been hostile", he warned "we would be been gone by now".

Dr Mitchell, along with with Apollo 14 commander Alan Shepard, holds the record for the longest ever moon walk, at nine hours and 17 minutes following their 1971 mission.

"I happen to have been privileged enough to be in on the fact that we've been visited on this planet and the UFO phenomena is real," Dr Mitchell said.

"It's been well covered up by all our governments for the last 60 years or so, but slowly it's leaked out and some of us have been privileged to have been briefed on some of it.

"I've been in military and intelligence circles, who know that beneath the surface of what has been public knowledge, yes - we have been visited. Reading the papers recently, it's been happening quite a bit."

Dr Mitchell, who has a Bachelor of Science degree in aeronautical engineering and a Doctor of Science degree in Aeronautics and Astronautics claimed Roswell was real and similar alien visits continue to be investigated.

He told the astonished Kerrang! radio host Nick Margerrison: "This is really starting to open up. I think we're headed for real disclosure and some serious organisations are moving in that direction."

Mr Margerrison said: "I thought I'd stumbled on some sort of astronaut humour but he was absolutely serious that aliens are definitely out there and there's no debating it."

Officials from NASA, however, were quick to play the comments down.

In a statement, a spokesman said: "NASA does not track UFOs. NASA is not involved in any sort of cover up about alien life on this planet or anywhere in the universe.

'Dr Mitchell is a great American, but we do not share his opinions on this issue.'

I think you are an idiot if you don't believe in Aliens. Granted it is a far stretch to say they have visited earth, but in an infinite universe how can there be nothing else alive out there? Just my two cents before some one is all like, "NO WAY" etc.

Gen

Agreed Gen, but I wont go believing in anything along these lines until I see things for myself (physical evidence). It's great that this old fella thinks he's seen it all (and he possibly has), but his word doesnt mean sh!t without anything to back it up.

Call me skeptical...

If he was that serious, surely he'd find a more reputable forum for his information than Kerrang! radio???

I think he's losing it.

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/stor...5001021,00.html

The daily telegraph has also run with the story on their website but in an interesting spin on the story by providing footage of claimed Australian sightings. Make up your own mind.

I'm with you on this one Ace.

Edited by 2b

If he was that serious, surely he'd find a more reputable forum for his information than Kerrang! radio???

HA! I didn't think of it like that. That's a good point.

Has any one see that "Penn and Teller's Bullshit" episode where they go to a a trade show filled with alien abductees?

Prior to doing the interviews the guys got battery operated anus beads and spray painted then silver. They then proceeded to ask the "Abductees" if they recognised this tool that was smuggled out of a secret government facility.

One lady got all excited and said something to the effect of, "Yes! I have seen these before, where did you get them from? The aliens used this one me" etc.

I guess you had to be there. Will try and find a short on the net.

Gen

One lady got all excited and said something to the effect of, "Yes! I have seen these before, where did you get them from? The aliens used this one me"

LMAO !

maybe it helps that i've had a full-blown sighting of appearing/disappearing near infinitely-manouverable flashing points of light.......

but i think it's going out on a limb to say there are no super-advanced craft in existence (alien or human or reverse-engineered). there are so many sightings, and there's so much footage, and this guy isn't the first astronaut to say this kind of thing. NASA actually recorded many of the best UFO clips going around.

quirky abduction stories shouldn't figure into anybodies reasoning. they could be anything, including disinformation by the coverup effort, or maybe that's just how they get away with doing crazy tests on civilians, or whatever, i really think it's irrelevant in the face of UFO phenomenon whose evidence is more reliable.

As I promised:

Well worth the watch, and for my dial-up friends it only goes for 1:20.

Gen

Errrr....

This isn't some straight-laced astronaut coming out of the alien closet.

Dr Mitchell has always had this wacky bend, when he was on the moon he secretly conducted ESP experiments with friends on Earth. He believed a teenager living Vancouver was able to "remotely heal" him of renal carcinoma (although he never had an actual biopsy to confirm whether he had cancer or not).

He wrote the book Psychic Exploration: A Challenge for Science.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I'd just like to add, this article has come out awfully close to the release date of the new X-Files movie for me to not be suspicious.

Edited by Sina

I hope he's right, because that would mean that interstellar transport was possible and that there's hope for us yet. If Sina's right it's a pity, maybe he's grooming us for a book launch?

Genesis: LOL

Hey 2b, those videos on the Telegraph website, in my best guess,

#1 is a blimp

#2 is the morning star

#3 is the morning star

#4 is a blurry dot

#5 is cool, maybe a meteor?

#6 is nothing? oh that white dot? a whtie dot?

#7 a plane

Edit: Oh cool! As i write this astronaut guy is being interviewed on the Colbert Report...

Oh yeah, I'd just like to add, this article has come out awfully close to the release date of the new X-Files movie for me to not be suspicious.

We have it right there! metaPhysical evidence, pre-cause/effect of physics there is an idea of connection of the Self to the Other... or using the other mythology Human and Alien. The ebb and flow of chi energy or whatever you call it, seems to ripple ideas / memes, and just like a diffraction pattern, the peaks of two separate inputs would synchronise and create a moment of singularity before rippling onwards into other interactions.

The idea of physical evidence is still a little backward for me. If we're waiting for 'them' to come here and give us super advanced technologies before we believe in them. Why not let personal experiences and stories of impossible paranormal states of reality, act as inspiration to incorporate this alien ability into the self. In other words, remember that the other is merely the reflection of the self.

The timing of these things, whether intentional as a marketting ploy or the metaphysical tinkerings of higher dimensional entities, I think works well to harmonise consciousness on the same ideas/memes at one time. To have the 'unknown' discussed more broadly in mediums other than hollywood movies, creates ripples into stricter domains like science, where such a shakeup of inherited limiting beliefs is most needed.

Not my beleif but some might say that, there were no landings on the moon, so how could this 'meeting' have taken place?

Sorry just had to add that, don't think I saw it mentioned

Of course aliens exist, just like Gen said, Dawkins does some really basic maths in his book The God Delusion which is by no means proof but it does show rough odds of other life existing in the universe, and like Gen said, as far as we are concerned the universe is endless, at least that is to say we dont know how or where it ends, so I think there will be other life, in this solar system though? i don't believe that, and that they have visited earth, i don't really believe that either. As to whether or not they are more advanced than us, i hope so, maybe they can keep their world alive for longer than us because we haven't done a great job so far.

Peace,

Mind

Astronaut's alien claims fall short, says UFO researcher

No proof, despite the claims of former NASA astronaut Edgar Mitchell. (Reuters)

A former NASA astronaut stunned the scientific world and divided UFO watchers when he claimed last week that UFOs and aliens do exist.

In 1971 during the Apollo 14 mission Edgar Mitchell became the sixth man to walk on the moon.

Thirty-seven years on he says he's just one of a handful in the space community who has been briefed by US military and intelligence officials on the existence of aliens.

But UFO believers says these revelations may have done their cause more harm than good.

Keith Basterfield is co-director of the Australian UFO research network and is author of several books on UFO sightings in Australia.

He says he believes Dr Mitchell may have damaged the work of serious scientific researchers into UFOs due to the former astronaut's broad claims and his inability to source what he's presenting as fact.

"Dr Mitchell declines to name the sources he is getting this information from," Mr Basterfield says.

"It's always an unnamed source, or a source close to the Minister of Defence. You cannot take that as evidence of fact.

"He's making those statements, obviously he's gone public with them, but there is always doubt that the sources he is talking to aren't playing the disinformation game with him."

Edgar Mitchell holds several science degrees and a doctorate of science in aeronautics and astronautics. He was an accomplished US Navy pilot before being invited by NASA to join the space program.

He was a back-up pilot on the Apollo 10 mission and then he walked on the moon for nine hours and 17 minutes as part of the Apollo 14 crew.

The other side to Major Mitchell is his main interest in life: the study of consciousness, paranormal phenomena, and psychic events.

Major Mitchell also believes he was cured of kidney cancer by a remote healer who helped him using positive thought.

He told a British radio station last week that he has been told in detail by senior US officials about UFOs and their occupants.

He says aliens who have visited Earth have been non-hostile and he's even been briefed on their physical appearance.

The French and British Government have begun releasing former secret military files on UFOs. The Australian Government is beginning to do the same.

But Keith Basterfield says so far none have revealed definite proof that craft or beings from another planet have visited Earth.

"The more one conducts rigorous investigation, rigorous interviews, looking for documentation within government sources for evidence, it is tantalising, but certainly I agree that there is no concrete evidence today where you could present to somebody and it would hold up as having only one possible explanation," he says.

"It's part of the intrigue that keeps a lot of people interested in this particular subject."

Based on a report for Radio National by Mike Woods.

link