The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
2b

Le tour

Any one else watching 'le tour' ? I must admit that i'm a tragic when it comes to the tour, i'm so exhausted sitting up watching it then getting up to go to work.It really is hard work to watch the whole thing !! Anyway only a few more days to go and i can get some sleep.

Yeah 2b i've been watching it most nights. I'm a student though so don't need to get up to go to work (unless you call getting up at 10 to study, work!). Pretty interesting stuff, especially the last few mountain stages. Cadel could be in trouble though. Should make for an interesting finish.

I'm a sucker for the downhill stages. Watching the riders snake down hill sides at 100kms an hour is pretty addictive. I'd kill to have hillsides like that which i could zoom down, it'd be fun as hell!

But yeah, being unemployed means i can stay up till the wee hours of the morn, so i've been watching it a bit. Good to see Cadel kicking arse!

cheers

How good was team CSC on the Alp d'Huez stage? Cadel was stuck to the wheel of Frank Schleck like glue, couldn't shake him off, so Sastre goes up starts gaining ground, the Schleck brothers start attacking and slowing down to tire Cadel out, meaning he can't chase Sastre!

Brilliant tactic, feint Frank Shleck with the yellow jersey, then fire off Sastre while Cadel's looking the other way..

Can Cadel beat Sastre's margin in the time trial?

Asides from the cycling, I'm also loving le Tour because of the superb scenery. The castles, the chateaus, the picturesque medieval villages... :drool2:

I havent seen it, dont really like it... but i did see some poor guy fall off his bike down a small hill in the news, it was pretty funny :)

but i did see some poor guy fall off his bike down a small hill in the news, it was pretty funny

The thing that gets me... provided they're not too severely injured (i.e. nothing fractured), they just jump back on the bike and keep pedalling. That's a fair degree of toughness and dedication at work there.

I must admit that when Schleck took the yellow i was concerned as CSC are just so strong and Cadel doesn't have the team to survive in the Alps'. Let me say that Popovych has been a big dissapointment, i mean he was given big $$$$ to come across to Silence Lotto just so he could help Cadel in the mountains, and well he can't keep up ! So can Cadel beat Carlos Sastre ? The short awnser is a confident YES he beat him by one minute fifteen seconds (or there about ) in the last time trial and that was only over thirty or so kilometres this time trial on Saturday is fifty four from memory so over a greater distance Cadel should be at least two minutes better. Having said that there is the X factor to consider and that is when you where yellow you seem to be able to push yourself harder than ever.

Menchov may be an outside chance and is worthy of alot of respect. Valverde should be doing better than he is, but he seems to be working with the Schlecks so we don't like him (even if he is Spanish). It's all going to come down to Saturdays' time trial and tour will be won or lost by seconds. It amazes me that after three weeks riding up and down huge mountains sprinting on the flat and two time trials and only a few seconds is the difference.

I must admit that when Schleck took the yellow i was concerned as CSC are just so strong and Cadel doesn't have the team to survive in the Alps'. Let me say that Popovych has been a big dissapointment, i mean he was given big $$$$ to come across to Silence Lotto just so he could help Cadel in the mountains, and well he can't keep up ! So can Cadel beat Carlos Sastre ? The short awnser is a confident YES he beat him by one minute fifteen seconds (or there about ) in the last time trial and that was only over thirty or so kilometres this time trial on Saturday is fifty four from memory so over a greater distance Cadel should be at least two minutes better. Having said that there is the X factor to consider and that is when you where yellow you seem to be able to push yourself harder than ever.

Menchov may be an outside chance and is worthy of alot of respect. Valverde should be doing better than he is, but he seems to be working with the Schlecks so we don't like him (even if he is Spanish). It's all going to come down to Saturdays' time trial and tour will be won or lost by seconds. It amazes me that after three weeks riding up and down huge mountains sprinting on the flat and two time trials and only a few seconds is the difference.

wicked... that's what i want to hear B) The younger Schleck Bro. has been awesome... ditch Popovych and buy that guy for next year... i hope they buy someone good, maybe Kohl? I don't know how it works but they need someone better! He could have really used someone chasing after Sastre