The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
WoodDragon

'Nother Evilbay item...

Lot's of people sell wild collected cacti on evilbay, be careful!

What's up with people calling it evilbay? Also, I do hear you Teotz', but this one definitely isn't wild or stolen (seeing as how it's pickup only)

Edited by random fly

For me it's 'Evilbay' because I buy far too many seeds on there! :lol:

And there's no chance a New World cactus was wild-collected if it's in Victoria...

It's evilbay because of how it uses its near monopoly to force out competitors. And this doesn't just apply to other auctions sites either. The latest drama revolves around ebay wanting to allow only paypal as payment option hence forcing out all other payment providers. Paypal is owned by ebay.

O and not to mention the fact that they don't give a FUCK that people are collecting 100s of wild ariocarpus and other rare wild cacti from the Southern US and selling them for $200+ dollors EACH!!!

I informed EVIL-bay a number of times and they just don't fuckin' care! I thought it was illegal to do this? I'm pretty sure it is... I'm not allow to sell bald eagle eggs on Evil-bay, am I?

People think it's just a stupid cactus and it doesn't matter... man it makes me sooo fuckin' mad!!!!

Torsten is RIGHT! All they care about is money!!! I wish there were more vendors like Torsten... You can ask him any question at any time, any where on the forums and normally within like 12 hours he has a full in depth answer for you! God, why can't we have more vendors like you in the States, Torsten?

~Teotz'~ :ana:

Edited by Teotz'

why can't we have more vendors like you in the States, Torsten?

Actually, you did. Their businesses got squeezed out by the large franchise operations that dominate the scene there now. It wasn't the businesses fault, but rather the short sighted customers.

AS for evilbay selling stuff wihtout fear of punishment - see the latest judgements in France against ebay brought by designer labels against ebay's complicitness in selling pirated clothing. Fucked them right up. Then again, what's a few tens of millions to a corporation like ebay.

Ya your right... that's why we like fuckin' "Mall-Wart" so goddamn much...

Edited by Teotz'