The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Yawning Man

uploading pics

hey there

just wondering if anyone has had trouble uploading pics in any threads of posts they've made or if it's just me. I've been trying to upload some pics of my garden but so far no luck. I thought maybe it might have something to do with the forums being hacked. Although it's most likely my shite internet/computer. Not sure if there is a size limit to the jpg or other photo formats?

any thoughts?

cheers

please let me know if this is a problem

I used to have problems - but it was me!!! -

I had to compress all photo's, as with most web sites or they just wouldn't upload

hmm in that case i'm pretty sure the problems on my end. I'll have a go at compressing and see how it works out.

cheers guys

i still have trouble uploading occassionally on an ADSL2 connection. uploading is a bitch. reduce the pics, make sure your connection isn't doing any other work and keep trying.

can i compress the photos and keep them in JPEG format? and ummm....how do you compress? The only options i have are to compress them into some RAR or ZIP format.

I'm positive it's not the forums!

cheers

jpeg IS a compression format. I think you just have to make sure the size is below 5mb, which is ridiculously large anyway. I prefer images to be 300k o they just waste too much server space.

Then it's deffinately my net connection. I'll upload the pics at a mates house!

All good!

cheers

you could try uploading to imageshack or similar, and then link them. it might not work either.

^^^^^

not a bad idea thunder, but it seems like to much trouble making an account for two pics, especially as i doubt i'd ever use it again. I'll get the pics up eventually.

cheers

I just tried uploading a pic to the gallery,twice, and I keep getting an error message.

Although I did upload a pic to a thread 10 mins prior with no problems. Do the gallery pic need to be smaller? I think the pic is 600k.

I've been getting the error message today as well. Any ideas anyone ?

I have NEVER used the gallery, so can someone who knows the gallery well have a try please?

> Board Message

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

The error returned was:

The image upload failed, please contact a system administrator

Nah can't get it working, never had that before, that's with a 105kb jpeg into the cacti and succulent page.

It happens once you submit the whole thing.

getting support to check it out. thanks.

apparently fixed

looking good, thanks t :)

I have the same problem I make the pics smaller and still cant unpload them. It doesnt show it on the upload manager the message, I get the message you didnt pick a picture to upload.

Edited by sharxx101

Hey Peaceful, Try photobucket I have had the same problem as you I have never been able to upload pics but they work fine using photo bucket and it uploads pics quickly. It is a good alternative.

I'm having problems uploading a picture, I uploaded one in another thread to test it and it worked, but when I try to upload this particular photo it wont work, it says "manage current attachments (0)" after trying to upload it and the screen to browse and upload other photo's dissapears. It's not all that important really, I just thought I'd mention it. (it's only 1.6Mb BTW)

Edited by baphomet

works fine on most computers, so it's probably a settign on your computers that prevent ajax from working properly. some security settings can do that.

Can you post the example file elsewhere so someone can try and download it to repost. Thanks.

I just loaded a new operating system a week ago (XP black), and cant up pics anymore. I'm sure its a file asscotiation thing, just havn't worked it out yet. Also switched from IE to firefox, so too many things to tinker with. Will post back when I work it out!

weird? There is a file in 'manage current attachments', but I can not access it?

nevermind! it comes up when I post, but not in preview mode

Looks like 2Mb is the maximum photo size, the garden pic wouldn't upload at 2Mb, but fine after I cropped it.

post-5097-1242725138_thumb.jpg

post-5097-1242871897_thumb.jpg

Edited by rogdog

Error: File not selected? WTF. I did select a photo and tried uploading as an attactment. Thunder, you mentioned sometimes having trouble uploading on ADSL2. What was the case? I have the same connection as the time i started this thread.

For now i'm just gonna include links to photo bucket.

cheers