The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Francois le Danque

sub storage

how long can subs be stored and still maintain strength? assuming they have been dessicant-dried and stored in the dark in a ziplock bag. also when hot water is added to them, what does it mean if the water does not turn blue? does this mean they are spent or just that the psylocybin is not oxidizing? kthnx

They can be stored for years without much loss of potency, glass jars are better off than bags though.

With a good extraction the water should not turn blue so dont worry about that.

Ive found adding shrooms too boiled water and simmered wont turn blue and be quite potent but just using hot tap water let to steep will turn very dark blue but is weak as piss. I dont beleive boiled water temps affect the potency at all.

Now that is handy info, it explains a lot, I was always told (probably should've looked it up) that boiling water may destroy the goodies so hot water is a better idea :S Of course I'd never try it.

Peace,

Mind

Nice Tek Victorski. You pack em into 000's ey? Dont they get stuck in your throat or are they for suppository use only? Lol, Gen

Haha, cheers genesis! Yeah man love "000"s fit a gram easy into each, nah dude no problem swallowing them, if there was size "0000" or "00000" i would buy them, just take a big gulp of water!!

I have found the potency between shrooms can vary greatly, Even if they are same size & from same location!

So I find Drying & powdering makes it easy to judge even potency And you can just dose by the teaspoon, Adding more or less as the individual prefers!

I use this storage method using empty 100mg Kapanol capsules, It is very effective way of keeping your product active. It is also one of my favorite ways of consuming, Coming Only second to soaking Dried & Ground Booms for about 10min in just enough Lemon or Lime juice to cover, then adding kettle boiled hot water to make a tea :shroomer:

Another question, Has anyone experienced an outbreak of a rash or similar skin irratation after eating fresh specimens? I no longer consume fresh as this rash appears every time I do so!

Spending a month collecting silica gel sounds like the biggest pain of that tek lol. How about using some of that crystal kitty litter? I think that might work and it is like, $5 a kilo. And if you had reason not to want the crystal in direct contact with your caps or powder you could just pop some in an empty tea bag or something.

Also I've heard of people using those food dehydrators but I think they use a bit of heat, wasn't sure if that was safe but as I said I thought boiling water was bad too and apparently I was wrong there :)

Peace,

Mind

"Another question, Has anyone experienced an outbreak of a rash or similar skin irratation after eating fresh specimens? I no longer consume fresh as this rash appears every time I do so!"

Not as such but a foaf had to take 'combantrim' onceafter some fresh - boiling fresh subs if one was to do so is highly recommended to kill other things living

Edited by GREEN HOUSE AKA spice1