The Corroboree
Torsten

The server was hacked

Yeh Sina, that started a bit before that for me, around 1-1.30 I think, the links to threads sometimes showed up just a blank SAB border page with no posts or content, and then a few times i got the IPS error.

Peace,

Mind

yeah, bit of a scare last night. one of the tables of the database got corrupted. the table that contains all the posts. So the forum worked, but you couldn't read any posts. It all happened while tech was fixing various other sql problems.

The lovely people at tech support fixed it by the morning though.

Torsten, Given the scare do you have the data backed up externally in case of hacking? Would be horrible to loose the knowledge.

Torsten, Given the scare do you have the data backed up externally in case of hacking? Would be horrible to loose the knowledge.

The whole VPS is backed up weekly and monthly on my own back up site. Plus I pay for VPS hosting that includes 4 back ups per week. It is one of the hosts back ups we used for the restore, and to be honest next time I will use my own instead as these caused loads of problems.

Was it down again last night?!?!

Did stuff get deleted again?!!?

just a minor server overload for a few minutes. nothing serious.

Ok good. thanks.

Hi all.

About the time that SAB went down I have been having problems with my 'puter crawling along at a snail's pace, and over the weekend it finally started doing weird smeary radar things with my display. I think that I am at a terminal stage, and I'm about to take it back to the seller in case it's hardware related.

I run an exy Norton antivirus program, but even after a fresh update it says that my drives are clean.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is it likely to be a hardware burp, or could it be nasty software? In my 15 years working with PCs I've not seen this psychedelic screen effect, although the slowing down is typical virus behaviour. Although I suspect the latter, I did get a message at one point refering to being unable to run the screensaver apps, so I am wonderng if the display distortion might be a result of the computer itself shitting, rather than being infected.

If there's any advice that might help me to get this fix expediently, before I pack up and head to the big smoke, I'd be very grateful.

Start your windows in the safety mode and run another scan with your AV Software! Another option is the kaspersky Online Scanner on the kaspersky website! Make a logfile with hijackthis and look which processes might be suspicious! bye Eg

I found that AVG picked up some things that norton never would, plus you also need a good spyware scanner as well and I would suggest 'Spybot' its a really good app.

I found that AVG picked up some things that norton never would, plus you also need a good spyware scanner as well and I would suggest 'Spybot' its a really good app.

Ad-Aware 2008 and a-squared are both good free programs to scan your PC with, both have picked up things on my PC spybot has not. Best to use as many as you can though to maximise your security.

For Ad-Aware go to - http://lavasoft.com/products/ad_aware_free.php

For a-squared go to - http://www.emsisoft.com/en/software/free/

Be sure to download the latest updates for both before you scan ;)