The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Lost

The Mother Load!!! (hopefully)

post-4417-1212731469_thumb.jpg

Hi all,

I think this time I may have found subs, but I need someone more in the know than me to help me with an ID. If these are the real deal then I believe I have discovered Gods own patch! I have never seen so much fungus in one place at the same time. Any help at all will be appreciated. Thanks Guys!

Lost

post-4417-1212731776_thumb.jpg

post-4417-1212731928_thumb.jpg

Edited by Lost

Confirm correct find.

Whereabouts in Sydney are you? No specific suburb please, just north south east west?

Confirm correct find.

Whereabouts in Sydney are you? No specific suburb please, just north south east west?

Hi Sina,

Im in the St George area, fairly close to water. Found these in a council patch near a rail line. Cheeky buggers, Ive been searching in bushland and lovely little reserves for these guys, and nothing! But now I find them in a disgusting disused area, I wontcomplain though! Cheers

Subs alright. Nice find.

I miss Sydney :(

Come back MORQ, you can sleep under my bed. It's about 2 inches off the ground, you can squeeze in there right?

Congrats Lost. It is a bit disillusioning to find your natural stuff in forgotten landscaping or similar, but this isn't VIC so we have to make do :wink:

Wow! Didn't realise subs were to be found in Sydney! Thought you'd have to go up the mountains.

Nice One!

Well done Lost - nice specimens!

beautiful finds Lost! Any chance of getting some pics of this 'motherload' growing?? :) :) :)

beautiful finds Lost! Any chance of getting some pics of this 'motherload' growing?? :) :) :)

I'll try and get one tomorrow, but Ive pretty much decimated it! Still plenty left but I only had one plastic bag on me so I couldnt get them all. Im still reeling from this find, absolutely stoked! Im growing Cubes now as I speak and after all the trouble its so nice for mother nature to do all the work. Wile Im here I should ask if its possible to freeze fresh mushies. Does it work? Cheers guiys, without this site Id still be scratching around in the bush with no idea. Later

Lost

Wile Im here I should ask if its possible to freeze fresh mushies. Does it work?

Not fresh... if you dry them first (like VERY dry) you will go OK, but many will suggest that it is unnecessary. Light and oxygen (or air generally) are the main killers of the 'good bits' Totally dry and air tight will do a fine job. You might even want to do the air tight bit in batches, depending on consumption.

Nice detective work, but it's lode not load.

Sorry to be pedantic, but Torsten did grant express permission to be annoying.

Howdy,

Tried to get a picture of what remained of the patch but it is spread out over a hill and is too large to get a photo that looked any good, especially with my crappy camera. I managed to get about 3 to 4 kg from it, enough to keep my microscope busy for at least half a year! Cheers

Lost

... and enough to get you charged with possession and implied intent to supply a commercial quantity of a schedule 1 drug and sent to gaol for 20 years!

3-4kg is a hell of a lot. Do try and consider others and more importantly the sustainability of that patch.

Yeh man, 2kg of that could've been donated to, oh i don't know me...haha nah but good find man, macro is probably right though, mind the sustainability, you might want to try taking a knife with you next time so you don't take chunks of mycelium with you (While I see you did snap off some of them). Ahh I have to stop looking at these threads, they just make me jealous, then I just bitch about it lol. Hope it rains down later this week, I finally have some time, oh and when you say you have that much at home, I'm sure you mean your friend in Amsterdam, right? And when you say your growing cubes, I'm sure you also meant you friend in northern uzbekistan.

Peace,

Mind

Wile Im here I should ask if its possible to freeze fresh mushies. Does it work?

Don't freeze em, they'll turn to goopy slush when you thaw them out!

Lucky you havent explicitly stated any illegal activities so far, coz that would get you in a bit of trouble round here (and possibly with the fuzz), just something to keep in mind :wink:

As far as sustainability goes, its your patch right? You found it? Good for you!

Seeing as you "disturbed" the mycelium (you may have actually been "pruning" it and encouraging growth, i'm not sure) by rippin whole mushrooms out, it may be wise to take the stringy mycel bottoms off them and distribute elsewhere so you can sustain and further the growth of these magical little things :)

Congrats on your find Lost!

Lucky you havent explicitly stated any illegal activities so far, coz that would get you in a bit of trouble round here (and possibly with the fuzz)

Hasn't he?