The Corroboree
Stinkmeat

Heavy Metal

I'm a new user registration, so hi everybody (I'm Dr Nick). I like the chat here, ethno people who like metal - there's a lot of people into this scene who like the techno stuff more. which I have always thought to be a shame.................................................

But cmon seriously if anyone with any interest in music for its technical aspects, including song production, listenes to Lamb of God, and throws away the oh i dont like metal bullshit, then they must see the ultimate songcraft compared to the pretenders.

and to seem maybe unpopular, ayjay101, that 'virgin black' band should not really have the word metal in their description. Sorry if you are offended. it looks and sounds like drama queen stuff.

heres a small jam from chris and willy adler that speaks volume about what we should expect from metal in 2008..................keep in mind that this is just two instruments, drums and guitar, the original song is more complicated. friendly warning, emo hardcore folks wont get much out of this, cos these guys are actually musos....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJSp6cGMD9o...feature=related

maiden are still cool, but a bit dated now.

bullet for my valentine released a 'smoking' heavy album 2 years back.

metallica have some sharp records in their history, get over the lars/james ego shit.

mastodon work my head lately. brutal and unique.

also purple, zep, sabs, ccr, ratm, soad, aic (all the dead artists!)

agree that ozi band ALCHEMIST were cool, many eastern motives, and the mosh circle in the early days was, interesting, specially at the old feedback room in newtown. sadly they didnt sell the units, even though they have come back recently with material, its a no go because most people arent into THAT style.

ok, rock on all !!!!!!!!!!

Devin townsend is great to listen to while baked - soo many layers and things going on.

Opeth, SYL, Meshuggah are all great metal bands. Porcupine tree's new stuff is pretty heavy at times as well.

Hey Irisrose, welcome to the forums.

Thought i'd just mention judas preist are coming to aus. But i'm really excited because Max and Igor Cavelera are supporting them. Hopefully the Caveleras will do a side show, if they do i'll go and see that...not really into priest.

cheers

I have carried on about feedback to so many people in the last 10 years to be greeted with vague smiles. Nice to see that there are others out there who remember that dodgy club! Man I was 16 and getting served there!!! late twenties now and i still remember the place spinning and seeing some amazing and really crap bands there!!! thanks for the blast from the past bro!

peace

In Flames

Soilwork

Children of Bodom

Nile

Lamb of god

Devil Driver

Coal Chamber

Black Sabbath :D

Slipknot

Arch Enemy

3 Inches of blood

Centinex

Dry Kill logic

Killswitch

Nailbomb

Soulfly

Sepultura

Shadows fall

Whitezombie

Spineshank

Mudvayne

The Haunted

At the gates

Various Artists

I usta be quite the metal head. Angry, angry young man... \m/ RRRROOOOOOAAAAARRRRRR

Gen

Hey Genesis,

Whats sort of metal are Nile? They are another band that I have heard a bit about but never listened to. Just typical (I don't mean typical in a bad way) death metal? And what is a good album of theirs to look into?

Stink?

haha stinkmeat, you must be a real metal head if Nile is the only band out of that list you don't know. I need a job so i can get some new metal albums. anyway, coal chamber are an awesome band i remember loco and fiend were two songs i was obsessed with! The singer of cc has a new band called devil driver (which i think someone mentioned earlier), not sure if they're any good.

Anyone know/like aussie band karnivool? They're pretty decent.

cheers

Haha, Nile is the only one that other people have mentioned as being good.

I like a bit of Coal Chamber too. Not a massive fan of Devil Driver, but they have some good work.

Karnivool is one band that I am just starting to get into actually. I have only heard a bit, but seems promising. Their heavier songs are really cool but the softer stuff is "not so much."

Stink?

i mentioned a few of the others. anyway, it's been a while but nile isn't run of the mill death metal. they've been around for a while, i'd probably call it kickass technical death metal.

Nile is a death metal band. The lead singer looks like a pedo and the guitarist plays a retarted custom. They are pretty good, lol. They are like Death/black metal, lil to heavy for me these days. And for Karnivool *Gently weeps* I hate their faces. A mate tried to get me into them with not much luck.

I think Children is playing in Melbourne this week, I missed out as per usual, would have been a mad balls gig. ALSO Slipknot has their new album out soon and Lamb of God just bought out a new DVD, check it out... Gen

In Flames

Soilwork

Children of Bodom

Nile

Lamb of god

Devil Driver

Coal Chamber

Black Sabbath :D

Slipknot

Arch Enemy

3 Inches of blood

Centinex

Dry Kill logic

Killswitch

Nailbomb

Soulfly

Sepultura

Shadows fall

Whitezombie

Spineshank

Mudvayne

The Haunted

At the gates

Various Artists

I usta be quite the metal head. Angry, angry young man... \m/ RRRROOOOOOAAAAARRRRRR

Gen

bit on nu metal in there BUT I think most of those bands go under in unmentionable catergory :)

u guys must not have heard the latest Alchemist album.

IrisRose:

Virgin Black Id say is gothic and also 'operatic', they do very well in that niche.

If you really want to listen to technical metal cant go much past SpastikInk (ex Watch Tower) Sleepytime Gorilla Museum also rate for me.

ohhhhhh Mastodon are waaaay frantically technical.

The lead singer looks like a pedo

Haha. I like your description Gen

I have only heard a couple of Alchemist songs, but they didn't leave a lasting impact.

As for the new Slipknot album. Has anyone heard the new single? and any opinions?

I don't personally like it much. But each to their own.

Stink?

i missed the bodom gig in brissy :( cuz 18+ tix were sold out

testament in november :) i have been giving testament a re-listen. i dunno if it's just because i'm so familiar with the songs, but damn they are staunch.

i missed the bodom gig in brissy :( cuz 18+ tix were sold out

you know you can buy under 18's ticket if you over 18. just have to hang with all the yungin's

was keen to check out bodom live but ran out of cash

Yer but that sucks, the point of a metal gig is to get a skin full and smash yourself into large metalheads name Yorgan. It ain't metal if your not bleeding from the face and/or have your shirt ripped off. You can't do that if your in an under 18's gig drinking poweraide and swaying with the 16 y/o goth/emo fucks.

My mate went and he said it was amazing, showed me the intro to Needles 24/7 he fimed on his phone. Also Alexi started playing that "Umbrella" song by Rhianna... Now thats metal...

Gen

Yer but that sucks, the point of a metal gig is to get a skin full and smash yourself into large metalheads name Yorgan. It ain't metal if your not bleeding from the face and/or have your shirt ripped off. You can't do that if your in an under 18's gig drinking poweraide and swaying with the 16 y/o goth/emo fucks.

Gen

Haha, remind me to stay away from you at any metal concerts. :wink:

I personally don't get into the whole "smashing myself into large metalheads" thing. I purposely steer clear of that actually :P

I'd much rather just chill and appreciate the music and the show. Then leave with a feeling of contentment.

Stink

wasn't keen on being denied overpriced beer.

needled 24/7 is such a kick ass song.

i can't believe i've been ignoring the megadeth remasters. they sound so much more awesome!

But i'm really excited because Max and Igor Cavelera are supporting them

WOW ! That's pretty exciting news. I was under the impression that they had a falling out, it had something to do with wives and girlfriends not getting along. Sepultura , was (and still is ) one of the greatest experiences i have had. 'Roots' is still on high rotation in my car even after all this time , it has to be one of the most powerful albums of all times, bar none. Once Max left the band it was all over , but that album is timeless. It has always intrigued me as to why i like powerfull metal type stuff , when i try to explain it all i can only say that the sound is felt, not so much listened too. The really cool thing is that i was meant to get over this kinda stuff as i got older. Wrong !!!!! I turn 40 next year I wear a suit to work and work in management have a wife a mortgage and two kids , and i love powerfull music :worship:

I guess somethings come from deep inside................

WOW ! That's pretty exciting news. I was under the impression that they had a falling out, it had something to do with wives and girlfriends not getting along. Sepultura , was (and still is ) one of the greatest experiences i have had. 'Roots' is still on high rotation in my car even after all this time , it has to be one of the most powerful albums of all times, bar none. Once Max left the band it was all over , but that album is timeless. It has always intrigued me as to why i like powerfull metal type stuff , when i try to explain it all i can only say that the sound is felt, not so much listened too. The really cool thing is that i was meant to get over this kinda stuff as i got older. Wrong !!!!! I turn 40 next year I wear a suit to work and work in management have a wife a mortgage and two kids , and i love powerfull music :worship:

I guess somethings come from deep inside................

lol glad someone else is excited about it. Hmm from what i can remember max's girlfriend/wife was the bands manager and they (excluding max) decided to fire her, and max saw this as a betrayal and left. But sorry if i mislead you 2b, it's not sepultura supporting them, only max and igors side project 'the cavelera conspiracy'. Yeah man roots is a spiritual album for me and deffinately in my top 5 albums! I've heard a bit of sepultura with dayrl green the new singer and while it sounded ok, it had nothing on the 'max era' sep.

two kids!? you'll be a cool dad lol.

cheers

Hey guys

A couple of bands i'm into at the moment:

Death

Carcass

Electric Wizard

Yawning Man

Carcass, Napalm Death, Meshuggah, Opeth, Slipknot are coming to Aus a bit later in the year. Around October it for Carcass and Meshuggah.

cheers

Edit: heh heh didn't see your post green.

Edited by peaceful_son

havent been listening to much heavy stuff lately

but have been listening to 36 crazyfists and Ill Nino a bit

Edited by GingaNinja

CARCASS: FUCK YEAH!!

Guess which band has just reformed and is touring oz!!

its more like this man....

FUCK YEAH

Saw em last time they toured oz in 93 i think it was, cant freakin wait.:D:D:D

Pretty sure the tickets are only about $50 bucks.

its more like this man....

FUCK YEAH

Saw em last time they toured oz in 93 i think it was, cant freakin wait.:D:D:D

HAHAHAH 93? Showing your age there... I wasn't even old enough to know what my dick did in 93... Want me to educate you in REAL metal? Hahha :P

That being said I bet if I was old enough to go to gigs in 93 I too would have don'ed a denim vest covered in Megadeth patches.

I kid, I kid. Metal had to start somewhere and you were there at the birth, respect. I would kill to be born in the 50's just so I could go watch a black sabbath gig while they were at their zeneth.

Gen

Edited by Genesis