The Corroboree
Stinkmeat

Heavy Metal

Fellow Bangers!!!

When I posted some links to a few bands I'm diggin right now, (I hope you guys gave it a listen! especially Origin, Hunab Ku, Necrophagist!) I forgot to mention one of my FAVES!! I've been playing just over 20 years now and I appreciate a shredder! This band is aptly dubbed 'avant garde metal' This is some of the most mindblowingly insane shit your likely to hear, at times it is true organized chaos! not for people who like straight timing! The single guitarist in this band is one of metals new legends! This guy shreds alien beserk like you've never seen! EMBRACES effects..... They are named PsyOpus!! 1st album, Our Puzzling Encounters Considered, is a new breath.. And they have just released another titled Odd Senses. IF YOU LIKE METAL, YOU MUST LISTEN TO THIS!!!!! Many will say is sounds like noise, but if play an instrument, especially play metal, You will understand these guys are gifted! Go and rip the shit off the net to hear it as soon as possible, Then go buy this shit! I want to write a thread concerning the relationship between music, maths and the universe soon, to see if there are any others out there like me.. Very difficult music to perform plays a large role in this philosophy of mine, I just havent had the patience to write it out.. now it's said, I will soon...Anyways... go listen to PsyOpus,!

heres a taste of their first album,,,, A track called 'The Pig Keepers Daughter'

Rock out!

Edited by sethomopod
  • Like 1

Opeth are pretty cool, just started listening to them, my fave at the mo is "baying of the hounds"

another band i spied, (actually saw them on rock wiz) is a band called UNCLE CHUNK, they play covers of popular songs, all in the most heaviest style... quite amusing

off track here but another person that plays covers of popular songs is a bloke called richard cheese, imagine welcome to the jungle by G' n 'R done completely in jazz style, good for a laugh anyway...

i heard Morbid Angel are coming to Australia... have to go to that...

rattlehead, bang your goddamn head... :)

Ciome on guys what about the good industrial stuff

NIN & Trent Reznor

Ministry

Fear factory

Marilyn manson

Comeon you have to apprteciate any group that can combine a sampler and hard guitar riffs so well

I see no mention of ( although I have only read this page LMAO)

White Zombie

Rob Zombie

System of A Down or Serge

Good old Sepultura when the cavelera brothers were involved

The new Cavelera Brothers Stuff

Come on kanje nothing wrong with a bit of Doof not my cup of tea either but you can't beat the atmosphere of a good outdoor rave

on ya neo, i too like all of the above, and like my industrial metal as much as anything else...

peace

A dark halo.

Edited by mu.

If anyone could be fooked, could you listen to the following song and perhaps recommend similar bands??

The thing is that this is the only song i like of Job for a cowboy. There other stuff doesnt do it for me but this song is the shiz nits imo.

be a sport

You didn't say what song it is? lole. Get in there my son!

Also, anyone that is interested in metal or heavier genres should check out Soundwave this year. There's a pretty awesome line up.

A few notable appearances:

Meshuggah FTW!

Isis

Alexisonfire

Faith No More

Isis's new album "Wavering Radiant" has my vote, after a few brief listens. Same goes for Alexisonfire's new one "Old Crows/Young Cardinals."

MESHUGGAH!!!

FAITH NO MORE!!!

wooohooooooooooooooooooo

watch out for my size 10 shoes kickin your face in at the moshpit :P

Yep Soundwave is going to be great. Hopefully get along to Isis' sideshow.

cheers

Fuck yeah! Its good to see Meshuggah back so soon! I saw them in Brissy and was blown way away! 8 string guitars are the heaviest live! Anyone know of the line up of Faith No More? Wondering who's gonna be on guitar.. Trey would rock!

Gonna be fuckin awesome! I'll see you in the pit Mu!

... If anyone hasn't heard Clutch, Check em out.. kinda bluesy southern rock groove, great to listen to cruisin!

Job for a cowboy is one of my favorites - BRUTAL!

If anyone is into the brutal death metal a good band is Daath

I saw Alexisonfire a couple years back at the big top. Wasn't bad, but nowdays I find it is to 'soft'.

Psychoshaman mentioned Opeth I think. I also started listening to them recently, but they have to much slow instrumental and not enough god dam SCREAMING!!!! :uzi:

XP

Oh and Suffocation and Hate Eternal is real deep black metal stuff B)

Edited by eexpee

... If anyone hasn't heard Clutch, Check em out.. kinda bluesy southern rock groove, great to listen to cruisin!

Fuckin' aye! I saw Clutch the last two times they came to Sydney (they played the Metro), and go through bouts of cranking their stuff here at home. It's not 'metal' in the sense of this thread, but it rocks hard, with some great heavy, groovin' attitude.

The Seven Habits of the Highly Infected Calf (aka "Burning Beard")

Back to the topic of metal.... is anyone going to the Sydney Lamb of God gig in December ? Are they still available? I'm trying to work out if I can afford a ticket ($80+ WTF?!), because I love those bitches more than any other metal band past or present (and I grew up as a teen 'obscure-euro-metal' fan, so the genre isn't new to me)

Not a 'metalhead' but I love good metal... if that makes sense. I also cream my pants over some Simon Posford material.

Pigeon holes are so shallow.

So after checking out some "Job For A Cowboy" following suggestions on this thread, it should be said that they are really not revolutionary in what they are doing. They are a touch 'heavier' but that's mostly due to the advancement of recording technology. The '80's German band Kreator were delivering very similar stuff 25 years ago. Even as 'Old Guys' who must be in their 40's now, they ripped this out in 2005.... and I think there's more precision in the delivery of the intended than JFAC's stuff.

Side-note 1: I'm not particularly a follower of Kreator's ongoing career these days, and that linked song was new to me (as was JFAC) until 1/2 hour ago. But I like it !)

Side-note 2: Not bagging out JFAC, but more the lack of a truly new take on the mystical art of musical compositions. It's all recycled styles ! The same would not be said for Tool, Shpongle or The Mars Volta, who are inarguably the pioneers of a new direction.

Side-note 3: I'm still going through this thread, ,and checking out the bands, in the hope that something else has that magical spark in new metal. For several years, Lamb of God are the only ones kicking the goals for me in the genre of 'full-on' metal.

Hmmmm, yea, I should stop fucking procrastinating and get myself a ticket to LOG's December show at the big top. The matronly voice in my head is saying "What are you waiting for, B Loco, just buy a goddamn ticket". My mates aren't interested, my partner's not interesed, but I am !

Any Corroboree members want to split a joint and have a chat before the show ? I'm going online now to get myself a ticket. Fuck the tight budget.

Edited by B. Loco

Not a 'metalhead' but I love good metal... if that makes sense. I also cream my pants over some Simon Posford material.

Pigeon holes are so shallow.

you're a long haired, beer swilling, maniac angst filled headbanging motherfucker and you know it!

the glove fits so wear it and slap a few faces with it while you're at it, and dont you dare deny your metallic heritage :lol:

Not exactly "heavy metal", but definitely metal influenced, and worth a try if you aren't familiar with them already.

Misery Signals

Inhale Exhale

This next one overtly Christian, but damn cool breakdowns throughout the whole album.

~Michael~

"MAMMAL", a cool band from victoria, it's also cool to hear the aussie accent in their songs, wouldn't say it's strictly "heavy metal", but it's heavy enuf.

dunno if its been mentioned before, but Textures kick some serious fucking psychedelic ass!

just found this thread, its so good to see metal lovers are strong in the plant community :P

TEXTURES are by far my favorite new metal band i've come across in the last few years

teck riffage but they still have that melotic side, brutal vocals with one of the most amazing clean voices i've ever heard very

unique amazing band check em out

Just got the newest release from Oh, Sleeper, it is bad ass! Anyone care to decipher the symbol? I suspected a de-horned goat since their lyrics are fundamentally Christian...and I dislike fundamentalist Christians, but I don't quite think these guys fit the mold.

~Michael~

hey conan, it took me a while but i finally realised your name is a kyuss song. I saw qotsa at v fest in april. awesome set!

cheers

It's also a character from several Kurt Vonnegut books

Hmmmm, yea, I should stop fucking procrastinating and get myself a ticket to LOG's December show at the big top. The matronly voice in my head is saying "What are you waiting for, B Loco, just buy a goddamn ticket". My mates aren't interested, my partner's not interesed, but I am !

Any Corroboree members want to split a joint and have a chat before the show ? I'm going online now to get myself a ticket. Fuck the tight budget.

this thread is gold! I had no idea lamb of god were playing at the hall. might have to give slayer + megadeth a miss and give the lamb a whirl. thanks for the heads up B Loco! we'll have to have a few beers before the shit gets hectic eh :lol:

I've found a new heavy band in recent months that I CANNOT stop listening to. I thought I would mention it here.

The band is "Converge". Not sure if they have been mentioned here before? I think they fall under the genre of Mathcore, or Hardcore. Pretty chaotic rhythms and a very electronically affected/distorted scream. For anyone who likes Dillinger Escape Plan or Into the Moat, I would recommend checking 'em out.

EDIT: I've only listened to the album "Jane Doe." But apparently the 2 albums following are of a similar flavour. A yummy flavour...

Edited by Stinkmeat

Saw Opeth again last night.... Fuck me they are awesome on stage. I was left more than satisfied. Did anyone else see them for this tour?