The Corroboree
Shroomeup

Mushroom season 2008.

lol.gif

maybe weight might have something to do with it, and a empty/full stomach.

a little fast can do wonders, :o

^ Yeah possibly, I am curious/intrigued about the reasons as to why different people require such varying doses for "same" level of effects, which is the origin of my earlier post.

Obviously such reasons are numerous and very difficult to define, but it's interesting none the less..

Maybe people mean different things by 'same'... by a decent dose i mean ... lots of rainbow visuals, tonnes of morphing, moderate confusingness, euphoria, lots of 'Holy shit i just figured out the meaning of the universe' moments - only to forget what it was a few second later... But i'm a bit of a psychedelics wuss, don't want to dive into ego death or anything.

fuck drying, tea is where its at. id day the differences in dosage levels have more to do with differences within individuals than with drying methods. im fairly sure that those that have said they require more would still require a significantly higher dose of the same shrooms dried in exactly the same manner than those who have said they prefer less. i have two friends who say they fry off 30mls of tea whereas other friends only start to experience the same effects off >60mls. excluding the fact that everyone likes to trip differently (some like ego loss, some like pretty colours) the effects described by both parties were on par at the stated dosage levels.

There's also the fact that at least one of the people claiming to require a high dose has found their subs in a more natural enrivonment. It is true that suburban subs growing in woodchip beds are stronger than most growing in, say, the bush.

Don't know about that zac.

I've noticed enormous variations in 'wild' subs'.

In the early eighties I used to pick around Donnybrook (Vic) in what were essentially cow-paddocks. Mushies from there would average somewhere around 25% when compared to those from the central Otways and about 50% compared to high-country shrooms, potency-wise. Mileage varies of course, and these are only rough estimates, but there were definite differences in alkaloid content between them. Different sub-species or just different environment, I don't know. I'd tend to think a bit of both.

This being said, I've also noticed similar variations in potency in mushrooms from the same patch, although this is more the exception than the rule.

Back then mushrooms in wood-chipped beds were unheard of (at least to the crowd I knew). Anyone have info re Melbourne shrooms on woodchips in the eighties?

ed

friends i know have noticed variation awell. Central otway subs seem quite weak compared to eastern metro woodchip raised subs. Maybe 50% weaker. Subs in southwest wa seem to be about 25% weaker again. Substrate looks to play a role here

Cow paddocks? You don't mean Pan. cyanescens do you ShroomED? Were they growing from bits of wood in the paddock?

Im curious if the age of a patch may have anything to do with potency aswell..

Alkaloids are part of the nitrogenous complex that is the essential task of all mushrooms (that's not to say mushrooms will have alkaloids).

To me the most logical explanation is that the substrate with the highest available ingredients for this nitrogenation will most likely be the highest in alkaloids (note this is the opposite of in plants, where high N in soil means high N in plants).

So patches competing for or having exhausted these supplies will probably be the weakest as their task is mostly complete.

I think its a combo of all of the above pretty much.

Substrate, humidity and temp in which they were growing, exposure to light may play a role? not so sure about that one but, then there is the individuals response to the chemicals, and tolerance.

BTW....the rains are here :D

Peace,

Mind

. Subs in southwest wa seem to be about 25% weaker again. Substrate looks to play a role here

I have a hard time swallowing this. Maybe it is true as I have never tried melbourne subs, but anytime I have tried WA lovelies 1g is enough - and everyone else who tries them agrees.

Perhaps its to do with my tiny willy.

Cow paddocks? You don't mean Pan. cyanescens do you ShroomED? Were they growing from bits of wood in the paddock?

Where I hunt used to be pine plantation that cows walked through spreading spores and upping the nutrient in the pine needles making a perfect home for mushrooms. Since then, they have harvested all the pine. The cows remain so the area now resembles cow paddocks, but there are more mushrooms than ever. It appears that since the trees are gone, more light hits the ground now so the grass grows much longer - creating a wonderful umbrella to catch the dew and the rain and create the perfect microclimate for mushroom babies to grow big and strong... :wub:

Edited by Hyphalknot

I have a hard time swallowing this. Maybe it is true as I have never tried melbourne subs, but anytime I have tried WA lovelies 1g is enough - and everyone else who tries them agrees.

Perhaps its to do with my tiny willy.

You crack me up Hyphal :lol:

Of course it is.

Definitely P. subaeruginosa.

Land was low rolling hills, with a small creek lined with scattered gums, typical grazing country probably cleared well over 100 years ago. No debris on ground. Fungi were found up to a good 100yds from nearest tree. No cattle/sheep there at the time (period of several years) but plenty of roos. Mushrooms were all relatively dry and an ochre colour as per suburban wood-chip shrooms as opposed to the copper coulour from wetter climates.

I just had a look on Google Earth and was very surprised to find the area relatively free from houses. I expected suburban development, or at least farmlets, but still (as of GE's last satellite image) looks much the same. If anyone lives out that way and is interested, pm me and I'll give you directions.

Im curious if the age of a patch may have anything to do with potency aswell..

I'd guess age and size would have to play a role. I've never really taken note of how long a 'patch' is viable, as i've usually just walked through the bush in likely areas.

How long is the longest anyone has seen fruit fruiting from one 'patch'

ed

Don't go by Google Earth for current images, I know there the images of my old town are at least 4 years old.

I like to visit a large local suburban reserve that has many patches

in completley different enviroments as you progress on whate gravel walking tracks

that begin in open wildlife park settings sorounding a river & Lake with running,Cycling tracks.

The vegetation consists of Radiata, Macrocapas,Eucalypts, Gum and various connifers ect and progress back few kms to a highway thru gravel and wooden bridged paths alongside a river into bush of old growth,natives, Tea tree, Acacias, escaped species like fushias & revegetation plants put in place as pathetic attempts from local council to compensate for the damage done putting in said tracks & diverting the river system to run alongside the track in selected scenic places!

Anyway sorry to get carried away,

In terms of patch life or Viability, Sustainability ect. IMO Depends on the location

& the way patches are harvested & treated! One patch that was located in the park area was on grass surounded with decaying Norfolk pine & Eucalypt matter, I harvested there for about 3 seasons after I dicovered it, making sure to leave enough tohelp replenish spores for the following year.

But for some reason one year the council went on a rampage all the streets and most public parks

spraying what i assume was glyphosate on every weed and patch of parkland they could find. :slap:

Sadly the patch didnt fruit one single time that year! :( 4 years on and it still hasnt produced! :ana:

As for another that is in decomposing wood matter semi old growth mixed with revegitated gums the have been producing for 6 or 7 years as far as when I found them with no signs of slowing B)

I make sure I leave enough always to grow large enoudh to spread spores naturally and I am now experemnting with making spore prints to dump in water and spray back over the many patches that inhabit this parkland and forest reserve :innocent_n:

We must respect these sites and treat them as very fragile ecosystems I only found these sites in the space of about 8 to 10 years, Who knows how long they were here before I came along :scratchhead:

Just To Cornfirm these spots all contain varieties of subs!

Oh Yeah I have 8.2 inches Limp! Nothing to do with how many grams I can tollerate I just like to brag :bootyshake:

Edited by DreamingNagual

I like to visit a large local suburban reserve that has many patches

in completley different enviroments as you progress on whate gravel walking tracks

that begin in open wildlife park settings sorounding a river & Lake with running,Cycling tracks.

The vegetation consists of Radiata, Macrocapas,Eucalypts, Gum and various connifers ect and progress back few kms to a highway thru gravel and wooden bridged paths alongside a river into bush of old growth,natives, Tea tree, escaped species like fushias & revegetation plants put in place as pathetic attempts from local council to compensate for the damage done putting in said tracks & diverting the river system to run alongside the track in selected scenic places!

Anyway sorry to get carried away,

In terms of patch life or Viability, Sustainability ect. IMO Depends on the location

& the way patches are harvested & treated! One patch that was located in the park area was on grass surounded with decaying Norfolk pine & Eucalypt matter, I harvested there for about 3 seasons after I dicovered it, making sure to leave enough tohelp replenish spores for the following year.

But for some reason one year the council went on a rampage all the streets and most public parks

spraying what i assume was glyphosate on every weed and patch of parkland they could find. :slap:

Sadly the patch didnt fruit one single time that year! :( 4 years on and it still hasnt produced! :ana:

As for another that is in decomposing wood matter semi old growth mixed with revegitated gums the have been producing for 6 or 7 years as far as when I found them with no signs of slowing B)

I make sure I leave enough always to grow large enoudh to spread spores naturally and I am now experemnting with making spore prints to dump in water and spray back over the many patches that inhabit this parkland and forest reserve :innocent_n:

We must respect these sites and treat them as very fragile ecosystems I only found these sites in the space of about 8 to 10 years, Who knows how long they were here before I came along :scratchhead:

Just To Cornfirm these spots all contain varieties of subs!

Oh Yeah I have 8.2 inches Limp! Nothing to do with how many grams I can tollerate I just like to brag :bootyshake:

can any body tell me what sort of mushrooms i should be looking for in mid coast of qld. i know we get the big gold tops in cow pads. even though i havent seen any in years. do we get SUBS ????

^ Doubt it.

You'll get the cubesnsis during summer and possibly Panaeolus cyanescens as well.

I've heard they can be found in the colder areas at the tops of some of the ranges in SE QLD, but I reckon that would be quite rare.

It never hurts to have a look though I suppose.

Considering there's plenty of reports of P. eucalypta/australis (which we now know is a synonym) for the Nightcap area, it'd probably be best to look at a proportionally northwest spot across the border.

Greetings Friends, I am off for a hunt today

I shall take some enviroment shots and of course some of those little Fun Guys B)

Its nice and Fine at the moment & within the last week we have

had some heavy rain & Thunder storms here

on the NW Coast, 53mm Rain In 1 hour fell in my town.

I am hoping it should be a great day :shroomer:

For now I leave you a pic of Last weeks effort to enjoy.

post-16-1212209884_thumb.jpg