The Corroboree
Shroomeup

Mushroom season 2008.

Hey guys,

my missus and i ventured out to the blue mountains on the weekend for a hunt, after searching for hours i found my first patch of subs :D very excited!! wasn't a massive find like some others have found but still enough, yielding about 17 grams dry :D found them all in the Springwood area! i haven't got all the photos of my finds but ill upload them when i have! heres my sexy patch though :D

post-4359-1209456341_thumb.jpg post-4359-1209456355_thumb.jpg

post-4359-1209456341_thumb.jpg

post-4359-1209456355_thumb.jpg

post-4359-1209456341_thumb.jpg

post-4359-1209456355_thumb.jpg

Nice Victor!! A1 specimens, I bet that got your heart racing!! Awesome photos... :)

Yes. Very pretty. I gather the seventeen grams dry was an approximation by eye, as I'm sure you wouldn't do anything naughty like pick them. ;)

double post

Edited by Hyphalknot

Yes. Very pretty. I gather the seventeen grams dry was an approximation by eye, as I'm sure you wouldn't do anything naughty like pick them. ;)

Unless of course you were completely paranoid and bought into the obviously ridiculous and un-planned 'assigned' 'laws' that people in this country are supposed to be 'governed' by.

Enjoy your 17gms of life changing subs - I'm willing to bet my job that you're responsible enough to not do anything stupid with them and are therefore not going to spend the rest of your days behind bars because of your find, and not going to jeapordise anyone else in this country by admitting it.

AND, more importantly, I think most self respecting and experienced law enforcers respect this, their job is to protect a society from assholes and wrong doing and with time they become more aware of this if they are committed to it.

I am positive that taking a stroll in the blue mountains and then having a life changing experience in the comfort and safety of your own lounge room that you have worked so hard to acquire for yourself is not going to be one of the problems they need to put time and energy into, paralleled with the real issues out there that I'm sure we're all subconsciously aware of. Simply put, it's not a problem.

I don't mean to offend ballzac, I just think it's of up-most importance to stand tall for what you believe in - and that's what I believe.

hey victor I made a trip up to the mountains on this wknd aswell I was a bit further up tho, sorry about bad pics.

post-3641-1209480504_thumb.jpg

post-3641-1209480563_thumb.jpg

I don't mean to offend ballzac, I just think it's of up-most importance to stand tall for what you believe in - and that's what I believe.

I agree, of course, but it's against forum rules to incriminate oneself. It's just nice to show a little respect by adhering to the rules.

Do you really find it nescessary to pull out the mycelial mat with the mushrooms guitar man? You are damaging the patch in a way that will probably decrease its usefulness over the years. If you ARE going to pick, how hard is it to take a plastic knife or something and slice where the stem protrudes from the ground?

It's HIS spot. No harm done, and he got a cool photo out of it. Subs are so prolific that it's not going to impede anyone elses chances of finding them.

Early season here, more rain would help a lil though :)

mmph mmph MMph! bring on the mushies :lol::shroomer::lol:

I managed to snap a few pics earlier today until the bloody camera died

post-3565-1209640507_thumb.jpgpost-3565-1209640546_thumb.jpg

This is by far the smallest fully grown sub ive ever found.

post-3565-1209640565_thumb.jpg

post-3565-1209640507_thumb.jpg

post-3565-1209640546_thumb.jpg

post-3565-1209640507_thumb.jpg

post-3565-1209640546_thumb.jpg

When I find the time I will hit the forest with a camera and try grab some nice snaps.

let the games begin for another year

:devil:

I managed to snap a few pics earlier today...

Nice images - helpful for us that are newer to hunting understand environments better - thankyou!

Jebus! How's those Blue Mountain patches! Incredible!

gallery_4120_185_98617.jpg

Wonder if SA will turn in yet another pitiful year? :rolleyes:

Nice images - helpful for us that are newer to hunting understand environments better - thankyou!

No worries. Might be worth mentioning though thats not just leaf litter they're growing from. Theres a layer woodchips about 2 or so inches thick underneath.

Wonder if SA will turn in yet another pitiful year? :rolleyes:

Is that sarcasm? I mean I know everyone bangs on about melbourne and them victorians laugh in disgust at the mediocre finds of every other state... However, just cause you don't accidentally kick over three patches everyday on the way to the bus stop doesn't mean there's not spots out there that can compare to melb patches. Yeah I got some sorta south australian mushroom pride.

Lets just wait and see eh. Quality not Quantity. In general it seems that vic subs are plentiful but tiny. Not a season goes by that I dont find at least a few >5cm caps. With chunky shiny white stems as fat as your finger. Must make sure I bring the cam. I don't actually pick any of them. Just document their magnificence.

It definatly isnt melb stylee here not wet enough for that and with some of the winter rains ending early kills fruiting

That said i dont believe its as pitiful as some would think theres alot of decent patches around SA just gotta spend alot of time driving and treking knowing what micro enviroments they dig. Some of the places down south you almost wouldnt believe :drool2:

Not a season goes by that I dont find at least a few >5cm caps.

You're joking right? >5cm? Wow, break out the party hats & tooters!

Some of the places down south you almost wouldnt believe.

North too but seriously, SA hasn't had a solid 3 month season for a decade.

North too but seriously, SA hasn't had a solid 3 month season for a decade.

Certainly agree with ya SB maybe this year will be different... well good too dream tho :P

Edited by -YT-