DSCN5421.jpg

DSCN5422.jpg

DSCN5423.jpg

I wonder if it will seed.......... :rolleyes:

hope it will

DSCN5436.jpg

DSCN5435.jpg

really beautiful plant - well done :)

Thanks. Yeah it's a beautiful plant, too bad it's so sensitive... Turbina gets wild growth here and it's very dry hardy and pretty cold hardy too.. I have been pretty successful in propagating turbina in my last attempt, even with no rooting hormone, it seems summer [period of active growth] is the time to try this stuff , I am also trying with argyreia cuttings too again...

Edited by mutant

DSCN5649.jpg

DSCN5655.jpg

DSCN5677.jpg

DSCN5679.jpg

Edited by mutant

damn man, their ovary REALLY swells!! well done!

are they flowering in just a 5 gallon bucket? thats amazing.

Yeah! The one doing the most flowers, 20th or so bunch of flowerbuds and which is hopefully forming seeds is in the big pot. the one in the ground is on its 3rd bunch, much behind, which is still puzzling to me...

The flowers are all on the roof, where full sun is common in many spots... I am wondering whether turbinas will flower too...!?!

doubt it....they seem more winter/spring bloomers in these parts. but maybe early, in fall they can as well....when they bloom, they REALLY bloom. i was amazing the first time mine went, tons of flowers.

Ta tam ta tam!!!

DSCN6112.jpg

how long till harvest????

nevermind....pic didnt load before, i thought you were talking about turbina for some reason....lol

carry on :)

Edited by kadakuda

DSCN6156.jpg:)

• Like 1

Bump. Do I pick or do I wait???????

Tarataraaaaaaaaaam! and my turbina seem to go into flowering too!

DSCN6224.jpg

DSCN6225.jpg

well what do you think. is it ripe?? I picked it off the plant. It had been there 10-15 days or more like this, brown... It seems of even of one of the 4 is browner, looks like it doesn't have any coating/shack... should I leave more on the plant? anyone with direct experience?

This reminds me of some other discussion about snorting / smoking argyreias shuck I fell on in some forum. I mean... the whole deal??? :P

wouldn't a nice idea be to powderise, extract and check with a black light? but I doubt it will show anything...

Edited by mutant

I am picking pods and some seeds are not always good and hard. Are the failed seeds still 'interesting'? I also had a responce in another forum pods can be picked green and left - and eventually brown and remain interesting according to report.

I suppose for the seeds to have more germination rate best thing is to leave on the plant to mature, even though sometimes [due to rains this period] moisture can enter the pod from the sometimes cracked front shell so they have to be picked so as not to rot in the pod.

I would really appreciate any answer from someone with some experience....

bump!

Nobody really has harvested argyreia seeds?? Or those that have don't like me?

:blush:

P1020292.jpg

Argyreia nervosa main stem, aprox 4 years from seed , horizontal cut at 3 meters [cut because a nearby turbina is choking her]. Hope it takes again!

It excrudes a milky sap, never saw this again! I checked it now and it dried to dark brown/black

for the history ....

that argyreia cut , the one that was strangled by turbina did not take again. in the mean time, the turbina that choked her, died too [dunno why]

This vine occurs in Australia - in Nth Qld . Some botanical authors believe that it is native , but the majority think it is a garden escapee . Whatever , it is a very impressive vine , esp abundant around Cooktown . Unfortunately [ ? ] , it is rampant in the rainforests , and if indeed it is a weed , it is a serious problem . Which , of course , as an example of plants escaping from cultivation , indicates we must be cautious when cultivating plants in environments similar to their origin .

I'm playing around with growing them from seed atm. From what I hear they seem to be slower growing than what's normal for vines, but I'm sure I'll soon find out.

And yeah, you gotta be careful with cultivating anything foreign that gets weedy..more so in rural areas or close to bush than where I am smack bang in the middle of suburbia though.

• Like 1