The Corroboree
teonanacatl

IMPORTANT LEGAL INFO

Yes I have seen them only once, at a dedicated wholesale cactus nursery at in the bush, they were locked up in a cage because people would continually pinch them. I don't know about all the other nurseries around the country, but I would assume there would be quite a few vendors, just need to actually get out and about and visit them, some cactus nurseries are small and intimate, they may never be found on line, some are old family nurseries tucked away in the middle of nowhere...so what are you waiting for...go on, get out there.. and go see Australia... :P

H.

A Gnome I know from the friend's garden asked me questions, I can't answer, since I don't grow them...

Anyone know about Growing Loph's in NT??

I did a big search on 'net and couldn't find anything about growing them, just this NT's "MISUSE OF DRUGS ACT - SCHEDULE 2" which mentions "Mescaline and other substances structurally derived from methoxyphenylethylamine having hallucinogenic properties" rah rah rah

http://www.austlii.edu.au/cgi-bin/sinodisp/au/legis/nt/consol_act/moda184/sch2.html?query=mescaline

Only mentioned the illegal drug... but not growing the cactus the wacky gnome asked me.

Thanks in advance for help if you can help the gnome.

Cheers.

Anyone here in a Cacti and Structuralist Society (of Vic/SA/whatever)? Would this have the possibility of an exemption for the growing of mescaline bearing cacti? (of which I'm sure many know include 100s of varieties) This law surely has more potential to punish legitimate cacti enthusiasts than actually preventing people from doing drugs.

As my granpappy says "Damn Government pigdogs."

*BUMP*

Also as the drug law in QLD is worded such that plants that contain illegal substances are therefore illegal and as Torsten will attest this has been enforced I will not allow discussion on potency of any mescaline bearing cacti, nor on methods to increase potency, or for that matter any questions on injestion of such substances. There is one exception and that is the linking to or discussion of scientific literature on the subject. We are treading a fine line and as all this information exists on this website and others where people can easily search for it I see discussion of it as a mute point.

Discussion on Lophs and trichs is fine, so is cultivation, photos, collections etc I just wont take any discussion on potency, preparation or injestion of any mescaline bearing cacti.

once again, take note ppl!!!

indeed what are the laws regarding west aus and said cacti???

*** AHEM ***

Also as the drug law in QLD is worded such that plants that contain illegal substances are therefore illegal and as Torsten will attest this has been enforced I will not allow discussion on potency of any mescaline bearing cacti, nor on methods to increase potency, or for that matter any questions on injestion of such substances. There is one exception and that is the linking to or discussion of scientific literature on the subject. We are treading a fine line and as all this information exists on this website and others where people can easily search for it I see discussion of it as a mute point.
Discussion on Lophs and trichs is fine, so is cultivation, photos, collections etc I just wont take any discussion on potency, preparation or injestion of any mescaline bearing cacti.

Its about time again ppl were reminded of this lil rule that seems to slip everyones mind every six months or so! Please hold fast to this rule everyone!!!

I hope they bring this up at a QCSS meeting next year. As Inatulet & Trollinator sort of pointed out, In the rules of the society your not suppose to discuss within presentations nor bring along to meetings any Loph. A few years back however it was bought up at a meeting as many members (especially the older collectors) had Loph as part of their massive collections and were worried about the law back then. The discussion the president had at the time with the police indicated clearly that members had nothing to worry about. The president of our society had this discussion initially because he had a variety of Lophs in his collection.

Many of the same members are still there today so you could presume that some members still have Loph. Most have some psychoactive cactus of some sort. I just hope this new law is raised as an issue at a meeting as members might get some clarity and answers from law enforcement. Will be interesting to see if many other members even know about these new laws thou. I rekon most wouldn't even know about it and will never have an issue with the law and their collections. For instance the first competition in January 2013 is Astrophytum where members will bring the best of the bunch from their collections. Thus, many of the plants there will be psychoactive. I will be taking my best few along without hesitation.

• Like 2

Well, here in Europe Lophophora are just another cactus - thank goodness. But I do make a bit of beer money selling them to collectors in the US - nothing is as attractive as the forbidden. And I have loads of L. williamsii seed that I give away for free.

• Like 1

Details of individual sites contain notations "LEGAL INFO" followed by sets of letters and numbers example: Helvetia "LEGAL INFO: T18S, R15E". What do these represent? Is there some master key to these codes, and if so, where can I find it?