The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
apothecary

Potential job offer?

Haha. Yeah guys I've decided if they offer I'mma going for it. smogs just broke up with his gf so he said if I move to Cali he's coming with me.

cough, nice to see you round bro! We already have pool tables in our current office :P

The interview is at 10AM today, though I hear from various people who know people now working at the goog is that there is a 5 interview process to get the job, which I don't like, can't handle the suspense!

Will post back shortly.

Goodluck with the interview Sina. Hope it goes well. :wink:

lucky! good luck man, google would be a great place to work at for an inquisitive tech mind, pity you gotta move to the US tho...

I applied for a job there doing almost exactly what i was doing at yahoo!. It took me a while to figure out why they didnt respond as i have every skill they wanted and i've done the job before for a competitor... i opened up the resume i attached to find the template i was using and just a little data about me. No idea how that happened, but its a mistake a teccy should not make at all. trust me to make it then!!!! :)

Congrats Sina! Definately one lucky customer to have an offer like that presented for your decision. Go forth and reap what you can and bask in the glory of one of the most successful corporations in our time :)

BTW, dont the Shulgins live just outside of San Fran? You'll have to drop in and say gidday from all us down under (if they are still there) :lol:

Ooooooook.

So the interview went alright, seems my personality/desires fit into what they're looking for perfectly. Of the technical questions they asked (WHICH WERE FUCKING HARD, but I am not allowed to disclose, hint, google for "google phone interview" for some examples of others questions) I answered only 1 out of 3 correctly! The questions were pretty arbitrary which pisses me off, but I'm sure they get plenty of people who can answer all the questions off the top of their heads, which pisses me off even more! :P

There's still another something like 4 or 5 interviews if they like me enough to call back, so we will see. Frankly, I'm happy enough in my current life and circumstance that if they don't like me I won't mind too much hehe.

They also said that if I do get the job I can work wherever I like, California, Sydney, Dublin, Zurich, whatever.

So yeah, this thread was all a bit of a hypeup for no good reason, I thought I was special to be contacted out of the blue by them but after some research it appears they do this sort of thing all the time!

I'll keep posting updates if anything happens.

ahh well man still they would be a mug not to employ you really

would be cool to choose where you could work though ay.

hmm i feel like working in southern france or something hehehe

good luck if they call you back sina sounds like a full on process

Guest Øskorei

edit

Edited by Øskorei