The Corroboree
chilli

Importing T.pachanoi crestate

That's Hamilton's you're thinking of centipede.

I also heard there Lophophora are degrafts.. But I wouldn't know. They are expenso never the less

Not the 1st time I have heard that... comon Tipz

Pics or it did'nt happen!

• Like 1

you need any grafting stock let me know tipz, oh and of course :drool2: i'd like my name on that list of wants too please.

and i may not post again for a while as it's my 666 post :devil:

Edited by Moses
  • Like 1

Pics or it did'nt happen!

:wink:

http://i1084.photobu...st/IMG_3839.jpg

It's only little and slightly scarred, but It's here :worship: ( not much to fap over :lol: - just yet )

Im hesitant to graft it, as it has allready rooted and i have a funny feeling that grafting increases the chance of crests reverting ? ( could someone clarify that for me ? )

edit - this plant was sourced from within Australia

Edited by tipz
  • Like 1

She's purrdy!

Kadas garden has a little section on grafting crests if you wanted a squiz tipz

http://www.kadasgarden.com/grafting3.html

Dont know if it'll be any help to you, I think the main point in it was just making sure you cut it correctly so it can 'fan out'

Good to hear you sourced it from oz :) must be more kicking around

Edited by Jonstn

Mates.....

This 14 x 5 cm rooted offset

trichcrestdsc0782.jpg

or this rooted 13 x 7 cm rooted offset

trichcrestdsc0784.jpg

could probably safely arrive in Oz sent bare root & via specialized methods.

Smaller, unrooted cuts from the mama (40 x 40 cm shown below) could also safely arrive.....

trichcrestdsc0786.jpg

As at least some can attest to......no guts, no glory. :wink:

• Like 1

Holy fuck that's beautiful. Is that yours Zelly?

:devil: Man, they would look great in my collection.

A question for the more experienced cacti cultivator : Does the accelarated growth brought on by grafting increase the chances of a crest to revert ?

I am quite confident in my skills to graft my little 2x3cm pach crest but am unsure of wether or not It would be the best option. I have just lost a very expensive crest as it fully reverted and I really dont want to see it happen again.

Any advice welcomed

cheers - tipz

Holy fuck that's beautiful. Is that yours Zelly?

yes.

If you look carefully at the base, you'll see two scars where I cut off BAP induced pups. One is the first plant above, another is grafted onto a T. pach.

A question for the more experienced cacti cultivator : Does the accelarated growth brought on by grafting increase the chances of a crest to revert ?

IMO, if the scion is actively growing as well as the intended rootstock, then there's a pretty good chance the crest will continue on as a crest. You want to eliminate or minimize the chance of the graft stalling. Size of the scion also seems to play a role, with the larger the better. Same with the rootstock.

I've posted pics of my variegated tbm. Occasionally it puts out an all green pup, or one marginally variegated, both which I promptly remove. My philosophy is it's going to be encouraged to grow richly variegated pups & nothing else.

As at least some can attest to......no guts, no glory. :wink:

but remember if caught it could be quite costly, a 10cm crested pach sent from US to Aus got my house and my brothers searched (with warrants) and computers seized to look for email correspondance as the plant was cleverly packaged it was assumed I had done this before. Charges werent laid and i was let off with serious warning.

there are few crested peruvianus around.. i bought one on ebay a few months ago (in aus).. when she gets bigger i'd love to spead some cuts around but there was about 4 of them for sale at once from 2 different people so maby keep looking and you could get lucky like i did!

crested peruvianus ( as it is so labelled anyway and i would be VERY interested to see an aereole graft of this clone( which i am in the process of doing as we speak) ) Is actually quite widespread here in oz Mattokay. ( so many plants - like the cereus crest passed of as trichocereus akira on ebay are deliberately misnamed and passed of as something it is not )- solely for profit ! ( which is pretty deceptive and below the belt IMO )

this is the pachenoi crest that is supposedly the rare and elusive clone that has not until now hit our shores. ( if it is allready here i am not sure - I have the only one that has been publicly announced )

Moses, so from what you are saying, you knowing or unknowingly attempted to import the crested pach and it was intercepted ? By your brothers i am assuming law enforcement ? :scratchhead:

Did they really take your pc/pc's for further investigation ? please tell me more ?

BTW - being a local adelaidean and one of the biggest fans on SAB of crested and monstrose cacti - you are very high on the list of those that will be offered a cutting of this clone as soon as she is big enough. Im not looking to cash in at all, in fact, I got it for pretty much nothing so will be giving away cuttings in the near future.

So zelly, you think I would be better off grafting this little pup ? is that the general consensus amongst the more experienced growers ?

Edited by tipz

Fapping at the speed of light here man. Where's PH I need his tissue box ;)

OK... here comes a first. I am about to put up an auction for A trichocereus pachanoi cristata.

The first one to be offered up in Australia ever :)

• Like 2