The Corroboree
ENtiTY

Introducing a New Friend

Got mine thanks Harry

Any germ tips on the little guys would be good when you have a spair moment.

Cheers

G

Turned up safe and sound thanks Harry.....

Pics when they pop up.

Thanks again mate

Hutch

Was a good day for the mail by the looks of it. :wink:

Mine showed up today also, cheers Harry.

Edited by Dale Cooper

Was a good day for the mail by the looks of it. :wink:

Mine showed up today also, cheers Harry.

Cheers Harry Soory About being Slow they Arrived monday :P

seeds arrived today, Thank you very much Harry.:)

Heya peeps :)

Some peoples seeds has arrived I see, might be time to provide some germination tips :P .

The little seeds have a hard seed coat which needs to be breached. I treat them like Acacia seeds and scratch them with the tip of a needle file. Dragging them across some fine sand paper might work as well.

Next step is to give the seeds a hot, not boiling, water soak for 12 to 24 hours, seeds will swell if the seed coat has been breached properly. Sow the ones that swell and re-nick/soak the ones that don't swell. I sow in a well drained sandy potting mix and place in a spot that gets partial shade during the day. Germination occurs in 5-10 days depending upon temperature.

Those in colder climates should wait until after last frost is expected unless you have the ability to protect the seedlings until things warm up.

:)

Edited by Harry
  • Like 1

Got mine the other day... Thanks Harry!

Also, did you cut the small squares of paper or did you already have them? I wish I had stuff like that...

Thanks Harry. My previous editing error was just that. I meant to say thanks.

Edited by ref1ect1ons

Received! Thanks Harry. :)

beans means good?

Got mine also. Many thanks Harry!

Harry FTW!

Seeds poked their heads up today. 4 days including the 24hr scratch and soak. Seeds increased their size by about 50% while soaking and they started to turn a little red.

Found a couple of pictures online, gorgeous looking shrub, can't wait for them to grow up.

Awesome Dale :) Might start a thread for peeps to post their pics and observations.

I was looking for something in my car today and found an envelope from this give away hiding under the seat. Musta slipped off the seat during those high G corners I was pullin on my way to the PO :P Anyway someones seeds haven't turned up yet as a result but don't worry, there on the way :)

I appoligise to whoever it is.

Happy propagating :)

I am so excited, mine have been in two days and reading up on it and the look of it, wow.

Has anyone contemplated how the medicinal usage of this plant in place of viridis would be, as there is no traditional usage. Also it seems to have 7% of the total alkaloids as gramine (trout), which seems like alot, perhaps the reason for the lack of usage in the past. Ofcourse this is a hypothetical discussion, so as to imagine the traditional usage in an anthropological framework and it's impact on our ancestors, I do not mean to recommend usage in our present culture and time.

Phyllodium pulchellum(syn. Desmodium pulchellum), 0.2% 5-MeO-DMT, small quantities of DMT[52] DMT (dominates in seedlings and young plants), 5-MEO-DMT (dominates in mature plant), whole plant, roots, stems, leaves, flowers[50]

I think it's alkaloid profile looked better than viridis and more part were active, apart from the gramine... maybe someone knows better than me and can inform me as to whether that is alot of gramine.

It also contains Cinnamylphenols which apparently have anti-mocrobials, anti-fungal properties.

Four new cinnamylphenols, pulchelstyrenes A (1), B (2), C (3), and D (4), together with citrusinol, yukovanol, methyl piperitol, and 4-hydroxy-2,3-dimethoxybenzaldehyde were isolated from the aerial part of Phyllodium pulchellum. The structures of these compounds were determined by spectroscopic methods. Compounds 2, 3, and citrusinol exhibited marginal cytotoxicity against KB cells, and citrusinol also showed mild cytotoxicity against the HepG2 cell line.

It's a thai jungle plant, also called angels locks shrub.

aaawfw.jpg

20951807.jpg

from here

Edited by ref1ect1ons

Very grateful Harry thanks dude I received them before the naga's...mmmmm :worship:

Looking interesting,now to plant the lil fellars...I'll keep a photo blog on my phone then upload the progress.

Very generous dude :)