The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
puck

synchronicity

i used to think the great beauty of creation was that we could all get so incredibly lost and find ourselves again (i believe we all do, at some point).

i have a new take on it. the great beauty of creation is that those moments of finding ourself are so incredibly rare. they slip through our fingers all day, year, life, lives, maybe a galaxy is formed and destroyed without having one of those moments. heheh makes me laugh.

perhaps explaining the vision would make it's bearing on synchronicity more obvious. i saw the MANY faces of god in an automated dance. god is everything - was everywhere.. and avoiding noticing itself very often, such was the dance. i know how you're probably imagining this dance, three dimensional, plus time.. that's not even close really, there were many dimensions to it which is why i can't imagine it anymore. i hope my basic meaning is clear though, it was like a tumble dryer full of god's MANY faces, there was nothing else, and it was unthinkably big or endless, but due to these unbelievable patterns god would tumble around not seeing itself.

this is the sequence i do recall. god places a sneaky hand through a wormhole and taps god on the back. god turns his head to see, just in time to miss god moonwalking right past his face, no doubt trying to catch a glimpse of sneaky god in some other direction.

i was also shown a much simpler depiction.. it was like the figures on a deck of cards, with two heads and two upper bodies, both facing opposite ways. the only variation was that they were both arching back, trying to spot one another over their shoulder. theoretically if one of them stopped looking for a moment then the other would be able to see.

i think a direct god experience is a major auspicious moment.

synchronicities are minor auspicious moments. they too are steps of the dance.

:wub::worship::wub:

Dude, i love you, dude.

and all the rest of ya.

hey, gonna start a new thread on EGA, cuz it seems Ronnie and the rest need a huge kudos for enabling life-changing events in more than one life!

so get this-

saturday, a tiger snake slithers past while i sit with my bf at Merri Creek. jumps past me, grazing my bare back before slithering into creek. it's a new relationship, but i think the Universe is signalling approval. (take that, westboro baptist church. abomination my arse.)

then monday morning, after seeing sunrise on the banks of Goulburn River and having paradigm shift from cogitation to action, + huge plays of tangible qi flow, i see dead battered crushed snake. talk about transition archetypal references. god - would you turn the fucken music down please? some people are trying to sleep.

:wub::worship::wub:

Dude, i love you, dude.

and all the rest of ya.

It's all love here! :wub:

some shit I read in some Chakra book once... no i don't read new age hippy crap but.. i did once, literally once, that one book ...was that the heart chakra is what connects the upper mental faculties with the lower physical/sensual faculties and that itself is also symbolic of god through the power of love bestowing his divine glory and wisdom into the physical plane, and how we channeling said energy through the power of love can express this physically, as is the very action of creation since word 'go' ..the idea is that Love is the force that connects and as cheesy as this sounds, I think more love paves the way for more meaningful connections... sometimes with other people too :wink:

Even in a purely empirical point of view, somebody that is more open and loving is sure to connect more than somebody who is paranoid and socially anxious.

Also from a spiritual perspective, Fear may prompt some hyper-associative paranoid delusion type of reality where everything IS connected in some kind of cosmic conspiracy against you. Although there is an element of truth to this, the Evil is only as menacing as your fear allows it to be. Also this is a very passive, cowering in fetal-position type of mentality and sure it's all about you and infinitely connected to you, but unless you love yourself you will never be able to love or be loved by others.. or to connect to anything outside of yourself. When you do connect with others, it is always out of love. I feel like kicking myself but yes I really do see things in this simple duality.

The ever-connected "conspiracy" may just as well work in your favour if it is some kind of secret conspiracy of love slowly liberating all. It's the fucking matrix maaaan. People just need to be unplugged.. weened slowly off of their compulsions or addictions to the matrix and be introduced to the alternatives, too much too quick is too much of a shock (that movie really had shit down pat)

Anyway back to Synchs and stuff.

the other day I was thinking of the movie Mulhholand Drive by David Lynch that I really want to introduce that movie and that director to as many people as possible.

- some Guru that inspired the Beatles and a fuckload of Westerners as well as selling out the whole idea of Transcendental Meditation as a business enterprise.. who's TM training schools are endorsed by David Lycnh.. just died and was in the news, prompting the David Lynch association in my head.

lame interconnection maybe, still some 6 degrees of seperation connecting ... everything.

The next one is a lot more direct in it's timing:

Thinking bout the fact that ever since primary school I've been stuck re-living the past and all my regrets always with a looking back mentality; instead of projecting for myself the hope of a brighter future Iv'e been condemning myself to relive the past making the same mistakes

I think that if I stay so paranoid of the world around me I will never be open to all the love and could be forever stuck in this self perpetuating loop of sad times... and thinking about them, and repeating them.

..with all those exact thoughts in my head...

jose gonzales is on the radio singing the lines. (from the song down the line)

I see trouble down the line

don't make the same mistake twice

don't let the darkness eat you up.

selective association... maybe, but its nice how these associations never

fail to be goddamn convincing of a meaningfully inerconnected reality.

"you're just another kid acting insane"

- and on that note.. I think the radio again is talking to me again.. something about wasting a fuckload of time discussing interconnections and synchronicities on internet forums. I think .. for me personally, re-telling all these accounts to be.. mildly entertaining but not all that .. mind-shattering as actually experiencing the conviction of it's reality. That being the multifaceted expression of an infinitely variable whole.. being the one interconnected sameness.

point is, I learned at EGA there's 3 types of teachers. (fucked up paraphrase probably...)

1. where the teacher helps none at all and the student must learn all for themselves

2. where the teacher talks a lot and explains everything meticulously allowing no room for the students own trial and error.

3. where the teacher says as little as possible and has the student think they've figured it out all for themselves.

I think art.. being an expression of a collective unconscious can go a lot further in 'articulating' the message of synchromystic interconnection by providing that very experience, as mutliple perspectives of the same whole become aware of their sameness. The artist and the observer previously unaware of that synchronous instant of connection until it all happens. - Providing the right circumstances for ecstacy is more productive than merely talking about it...

I believe that in a ritualised setting or sacred space where for many party-goers the intention is to connect. Where the intention of the music production is to connect and the intention of the visual art production is to connect, and all is facilitated by entheogens and trance inducing rythms and dance motions.. ecstacy or the language of music and rythm as experienced in the trance state, would seem .. *ahem* to some people .. like a full-on synesthetic experience of the logos or word of god made manifest on this shared peice of earth and the shared consciousness that inhabits it.

Like the Holy Grail or The Philosophers Stone it is misguided to go seeking physical things as proof of god, it is only the sum that is greater than its parts that demonstrates paradox and godliness - that is a holistic view of reality helps one connect the dots, rather than a reductionist or categorical view. [insert edity] It's what's read between the lines or implicit and intuited, call this being creative, or simply another form of perception, all perception is creation IMHO[end edity] ...and if you're mind is too 'sane' to dabble in a bit of loose-association and experiencing infinite interconnection than seeking god is not for you. "A spiritual life is much harder than just being Intelligent" - Val Kilmer from some Mission to Mars movie I watched the other night.

Like the orobourous biting its own tail there is no beginning or end to rationality and paradox - they are a continuum and the push/pull of knowledge/mystery means it is always so as every new factoid opens up a new pandoras box and every so often something makes us question the integrity of previously accepted notions of truth, meaning it is only as certain as we 'choose'. A constant play of certainty/uncertainty or belief/doubt that dictates our very reality. and that must be believed to be seen ;)

Edited by The Dude

ok so I agree but dont really know how to reply to the previous posts.....ummm

I cant figure out whether its me, or is everyone and everything just a little bit errr strange at the moment (for lack of a better word)

maybe Ive been left to my own devices too long. I can relate with the notion that the heart centre is the mediator between the physical and mental spects of the self. I feel pulled between to forces of light and dark....but all i am left in a sort of confused ecstasy, if feel like a sinical sahdu...

....recieving rays of light and information from some kind of godforce, yet totally unconvinced such things even exist.

and trying to apply scientific logical analysis to the ultimate subjective questions??? synchonicities come thick and fast but I pass most of it off as subconscious manifestations and the mind selecting stimuli that validates a possible mania of some kind.

What works, works i suppose. That is the only real thing that links science to the numinous on the same plane methinks.

:scratchhead::)

ok from some of the posts above i get this impression that if synchronicity is in some way meaningful, it signals that there is a divine plan, is that correct? some kind of 'rightness' that we are supposed to be watching out for and trying to fit into?

I cant figure out whether its me, or is everyone and everything just a little bit errr strange at the moment (for lack of a better word) - Phloom

Given the nature of the thread, that just cracked me up... :lol:

avagoodun

VM

synchronicity signals a divine plan?

no, not really. not in my opinion. it signals a higher order of reality and the oneness of all. god isn't necessarily this separate figure existing above and beyond reality, but i won't comment either way.

by the way when i said this "due to these unbelievable patterns god would tumble around not seeing itself" i was trying to touch on this theme "as mutliple perspectives of the same whole become aware of their sameness"

since becoming interested in psychedelics i've had many things happen to me that have made me grin because i 'know' they've happened for a reason and the only explanation i can find is that some divine source is playing with me, throwing me little gifts and clues to see if i notice. i guess the more attention you pay to things the more you notice so synchronicities increase as your awareness increases. but some things have happened that just make me go 'wow'. for example i saw a copy of alice in wonderland in a bookshop it was $5 and i was going to buy it because recently i'd become aware of it's psychedelic connotations but thought 'nah i'd rather have a cool old copy with lots of illustrations like the ones i remember at my primary school'... i also came across a few timothy leary books but figured i'd wait till i got paid before i bought one..the next day was pay day and i was on my way back to the bookshop to buy one of the leary books. on my way down the street i came across a bunch of boxes left on the side of the road. a dude informed me that someone had left all their stuff in storage and never collected it so they were throwing it out. he also said to grab whatever i wanted. i was the first one there and guess what i found?... an amazing old copy of alice in wonderland from the 70s and two leary books!!! i was jumping for joy. i also got a bunch of art books and a record player as well as lots of cool doctor who toys...people throw stuff out all the time in sydney and chances are someone somewhere is going to be into leary but the odds of me finding those books whilst on my way to purchase some is just bizzare to me. if it was stephen king or something like that i wouldn't be surprised as they are every where. it made me wonder if something was letting me know 'you are on the right track. keep searching'.. maybe i was just lucky but i choose to think that thoughts create reality. thinking about something calls it into existence. or something like that.

it made me wonder if something was letting me know 'you are on the right track. keep searching'..

follow the white rabbit mwahaha.gif

Yeah things find me all the time... im raesonably well known for it actually, lol... basically put an order in with the universe , keep my eyes open and things really do just tend to ... show up. but only if I "need" them, or want them with the right kind of "its be lovely to have but i know its still just stuff" intent. It's a neat reversal of the way that dudes normally amass and hoard crap.. ie..find a nice bit of crap and hang onto it for years til the PURPOSE finds you one day.

Ive been having a lot of two n three way synchronicity at the moment with my partner and our daughter... kind of does your headin to find that the same weird word matches and tv-timings and general weirdness seems to be genetic to the extent of occuring to a 2 and a bit year old... had to laugh the other night, we were up late talking about it and then got onto the topic of how my partner had a dream about a friend of hers, and at that moment someone on the telly used the given name of the friend we were talking about, bla bla... countless examples, we just put it down as "weirdness" but we do tend to pay attention to the times when it seems to be "peaking".

Theres a word in the Sioux language that escapes me at the moment, but basically its a person that is a finder of things... not quite a magician, not a shaman, but somene with the same subconscious awareness of flow and dispersal and all that, the uncanny "tapping into" things larger than themselves..usually accompanied by a healthy dismissiveness of realites finer detail... they connect things .. people to answers, problems to resolutions, missing things with their owners... nothing like that in "our" society except maybe private investigators and pay per minute psychic lines. The ability certainly crops up in people though, everyone knows someone thats justarsey and has everything rock up just in the nick of time , more often than not. And theyre usually grateful for it, proud of it, but they dont take it "personally".. they just travel in a permanent bubble of "right place right time-edness". Even the Book of the Subgenius (praise Bob) makes mention of the "luck plane" and "will particles" and how if you project the latter at the former at too high a speed, or too acute and angle they are likely to just bounce off or bite you in the bum... classic stuff. I'd recommend reading it if you like spirit n religion in general... total pisstake but its glorious stuff.

Well done on the books, if you want more on Lewis Carrol you can DL a lot of his letters and random musings... he wrote a lot in code and using mirror tricks and reversals and rebus, etc... alleged to be a hypergraphic like me, but who knows. He was certainly a fruitloop of the more refined variety anyways.

Your next assignment is working out what you need to buy for dinner, then going to the shop and finding every last item you want is heavily reduced for various strange reasons EXCEPT one that brings the total to the exact amount of cash n shrap you had in your pocket to start with ;) lol

VM

i just started a book by rupert sheldrake called 'the sense of being stared at' and it says that it's very common for couples and families to report things like that. when i finish the book i'll probably be able to explain why. funny you mention the book of subgenius.. i got it for christmas and plan on reading it as soon as i finish the rupert sheldrake book. is that a synchronicity or what? (or do most of us here have that book). i work at a call centre calling random westpac customers and quite often i'll be thinking of an old freind or a place i visited and i'll look up from my drawing and see that the next person i'm calling has the same name or i'm calling someone from a town i was thinking about. it always keeps me wondering just how that happens.

cheers.

haha, more mystical holy is that in my capacity as a random westpac customer I've probably hung up on you :P Then gotten back to reading the word of Bob.

BOTSG is a fantastic book, either youve never heard of it, or you own it, essentially... much older joke in the US of course, but its come up at a few gatherings etc here too.... usually starts off as "yeah I saw this really weird book at someones house?".

Now we need a name for "synchronicitous happenings in direct relation to the topic of synchronicity"... any suggestions?

VM

Now we need a name for "synchronicitous happenings in direct relation to the topic of synchronicity" VM

I remember associating a Pearl Jam reference in this thread to my first ever memory of synchronicity or coincidence as i called it then. Now another connection here about Bob. I think I vaguley know of the book of bob, I'm not about to read it though, nor have I got all these book-related synchronistic connections happening to me right now as seems is happening to you, holymountain. It's your choice to believe in a more open assoication of seemingly disconnected events, or you may believe in the illusion of a disconnected reality. All reality perception/creation is a choice. Personally, even events that don't have that direct association and very personal type of revelation, if associated somehow to something, I am at least made aware that I am made aware of it.. for some reason.

Anyway onto the topic of the "luck plane" and "will particles", I need more reading on this. Anyway I'd say this has something to do with belief/doubt.. as is all reality-perception/creation. With a focused intent and total confidence in ones own belief, "magick" for lack of a better word, or laser beam like precision in manifesting weird synchronistic realities that perfectly match your intention.. is really fun, and has much to do with confidence in your own "lucky ability".

I will relate this to a poker game I had. For some silly reason I'd be betting Tree-Fiddy!! (350), some Southpark Reference. Without even looking at my cards I thought I'd bet 350 before the flop and then for every round, if my opponent raised me I'd raise him again with 350. After the flop the first 2 cards were 5 and 3, or mirror image of 350 and I thought.. this is some kind of sign, I'll keep going without looking at my cards. and he kept raising and following my raises, once i finally flipped my cards I had a straight, he had 2 pair.

anyway this was with one other witness and I figure the probability of "magick" working is heightened when it becomes a collective experience, when part of your intent is proving this mind over matter (luck creation) to yourself and others to trip everyone out and in such a way raise questions-->awareness. I mostly wanted this to work for my sake though :P

I wasn't ever 100% confident in this but after the 5 and 3 I easily believed this to be a sign for me to continue forward for the sake of this being uber trippy if it actually works. that was the intention and it was realised.

Edited by The Dude

im being devils advocate a bit here, it's partly because i'm a sceptic but also because i think its an interesting area of ideas.

what i meant about divine plan earlier was that if we can make reality just how we like through faith then what is that faith actually 'in'?

in order for the future to be preset, eg. the verge collection that precisely matches ones wants being placed out the evening *before* one sets out for a walk and happens on the stuff, there is a fatality or plan at work. some intentional force (the wanter? god? an overmind?) that is not linear in time needs to be acting in order for this to occur.

i don't think i 100% understand your post but assuming i do my response is that we are god.

we arent totally identical with each other, occupying different space locations for starters. if we have opposing faith-manifestation goals or synchronicity-thread-actualisations-in-mind, which god-will-event wins out? i think this kind of thing would require a third party arbiter consciousness, ie. a god that isn't just diffused beingness but has its own goals and decision making apparatus, that sets up events in time according to the rules of some divine game we're born to play...

there is no third party because there isn't even a second party.

i realise how frustrating it must be talking to me about this. unfortunately i lack the dudes ability to say what i think, in fact, i lack his motivation to even try because in MY humble opinion, as none other than god you will eventually realise for yourself what you are, and the fact that you haven't yet does not even remotely mean that i am better than you, because we're all the victim of circumstance.

... and don't think for a second that i think i know whats going on. i just believe what i've seen, and that is that I, God, am completely alone, along with all of you other freaks who are also god.

Ok. Round Two has begun. Which means, I may be posting a bit on this thread again (well, after ConFest - I'll be inactive for a week or so).

Here in Maldon, on my travels, I have had an important meeting, as I've said elsewhere. This woman shares the name and Sun-sign of another woman who has been very important to me, though geographically distant. I, in turn, though much older, look uncannily like a man who she shares a strong connection with, though he is far away. We have had wonderful conversations, and it has been a meeting of souls, with very fertile sharing of ideas.

Anyway, through listening and talking, she helped me come to a point where I released my attachment to her namesake. This was a huge thing for me, as I'd been really down about the whole thing. (Not gunna double up, but I don't expect anyone to actually read my huge long cathartic post in 'Shame'.) And she bloody told me things would start to get intense again.

----------

There's a huge list coming, but I just wanna start with this one, cuz it's fucken weird. Talk about clearing space for the influx of possibility!

The day after this catharsis, I get a msg from a very soulful peep on this board, offering me to stay at his joint when I get to the area. Happens to be the same city as aforementioned object of my obsessions (i mean affections...).

Ok, cool. No biggie, didn't even recognise it as significant really. Until the next day. Zoe, the woman who gave me a reiki healing seven years ago, which helped me come out of a hellbad place after a bad trip, and kinda started my whole journey in earnest, sent me an email. In delayed reply to one i sent her 3 or 4 months ago (in which happened to tell the whole story of mon amour, as it was then fresh, incidentally). I am staying with her too, when I get to her part of the country. A commune, just outside the same city....

Is life too fucken weird or what? This may not sound like a big deal, but free accomodation in a big city is a Godsend for me (having a roof over my head at all, is a big deal!). So is hearing from Zoe. So is the fucken timing.

Argh. Just got back from ConFest.

That ain't nothing.

Will fill in re the chasing of white rabbits.

Curiouser and curiouser....

well, sometimes. it was ConFest, after all. tell me, does mud count as clothes?

seriously, the synchronicities never cease. i've come to the thought that synchronicity is often God speaking to us. for example, the jewel spider (incredibly rare and beautiful orb-weavers) that i saw after praying for the manifestation of a person was a thumbs up. and when, in the midst of an intense Mushroom experience, i thought to myself "why am i always on a strong dose of something when everything makes sense?" i looked up and saw an inflatable alien hanging from a rope. who needs a voice from the clouds when you've got this shit, man?

so i've been following the white rabbits of synchronicity and intuition faithfully for over a week now, and the results have been astounding. it matters little what interpretation i have of a synchromystic event, or if what i experience is (empirically speaking) intuition or ego-thought. what matters is the faith with which i follow. after a while, the faith is rewarded and synchronicity consolidated.

i am reluctant to generalise beyond my own particular, peculiar case-study. i find myself deleting the second-person plural pronoun 'you' and replacing it with the first-person singular 'i'. surely here, of all places, there are fellow pursuers of white rabbits? speak up!