The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
mutant

BODY MELT (1993) - PHILIP BROPHY

I don't know how many of you might know / have heard about this film. Sometimes it is compared with Peter Jackson's early splatter films, but it certainly is something pretty different. The director , Philip Brophy hasn't done many films [actually, only BODY MELT is somewhat widely known, a cult fame, the other two are 100% unknown] but he is supposedly active in australians experimental video / audio scene, also does soundtracks.

BODY MELT is a social satire, a splatter, a comedy. Seemingly shallow, but, yet, so deep and serious. A cynical look at a society of fast solutions, harsh commentary on drug-cultures and mentality of mind-altering drugs. I put it in here, becasue it's australian, it's a masterpiece [in my opinion], it's funny and meaningful and, last but not least, it has reference in psychoactivity and mind-altering substances...

Any movie in which a couple of deformed hillbilly kids kill a kangaroo with a rock at 1000 yards, then eat it's adreno glands to get high, has got something to say.
from an IMDB user review

Hi Mutant,

yeah i know it! I´ve seen it years ago because i wrote a Review. As far as i can tell, it was funny but very trashy! I think it was a very cheap direct-to-video amateur movie. With lots of beer it might be watchable! bye Eg

Freakin awesome movie. Lisa McCunes best work lol.

Freakin awesome movie. Lisa McCunes best work lol.

Mmmmmm McCunes best ey :rolleyes: even more incentive!!

on my list..

Hi Mutant,

yeah i know it! I´ve seen it years ago because i wrote a Review. As far as i can tell, it was funny but very trashy! I think it was a very cheap direct-to-video amateur movie. With lots of beer it might be watchable! bye Eg

I have writen a review too! I found it to be both funny , but also serious, in a rather pervert/weird way... Trashy, hmmm, OK, have you seen Troma? :) Class of nuke em high anyone? ;)

I suppose the comment on actress/actors are because of the choice of the cast [famous australian actors of soap/family TV shows, huh??] I wish I could feel this element myself too! ;)

• Like 1

have you seen Troma?

Hi Mutant, sure! I had a longlasting business relationship with Troma Germany when we were doing independent movies a few years ago! I love the old Troma Classics! bye Eg

Troma Germany? they did something in germany? which town are you from? I love germany especially berlin... I lived in berlin for 6 months in 2002 ;)

troma rulezzzzzzzzz - but so does MODY MELT