The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
apothecary

Baby Marklar

So I was catching up on some doof reviews on Australiens and got to see awesome doof baby video.

At first I thought "wow cool random doof baby video" but then I realised, it's our very own simon_marklars doof baby!

Don't worry crew, doof baby is equipped with ear putty to ensure no damage to fragile cochlear shenanigans!

Hope you don't mind me posting/sigging it simon! So cute!

A tea-baggin' Toddler. Nice one. :lol:

haha cute stuff... amazing the energy that kids have on board. Just bear in mind that all the (hopefully sterile) ear putty in the world won't prevent damaging levels of sound reaching the inner ear, kids heads are basically a lil bag of resonating jelly and anything over the dB of a louder-than-usual convo can make a dent in their hearing, esp with anything like repeated or prolonged exposure. I think you can get the levels etc from Kidsafe, least you used to be able to.

That's one lil handful workin on being an even bigger handful, if I'm any judge :P

All the best

VM

haha! little dude!!! :worship:

must be one proud parent simon!!!

choice.

hehehe thanks guys. been away for a while (got all sad when my whole collection of plants died (cept for cactii) and couldnt bear coming here seeing how well everyone elses is doing...) but my khat and calamus just came back to life after a few drops of ormus and cheered right up so now im back :)

just incase people are worried, we only let her in front of the speakers when we just cannot hold her back, and then only for a few minutes even with the putty she normally wears. She refused to wear it at freakreation so we simply refused to go near the dancefloor :) even tho every morning when we woke up the first words we heard are "can we go to the dancefloor?" (and she's not even 2 yet!!!!)

here is her first attempt at poi

:)

Ah, I wasn't about to go trying to get you on any list SiMar, just being the parental type... that's alright, some of our favourite things to do as a family when out n about include explaining to bub (2.2yo) that some people are just a bit grumpy and won't say hello no matter how many times you ask, that its not ok to bolt into other peoples front yard and harass their plantlife (where she got that I have NO IDEA), and that no, these plants arent like at home, you can't eat or sniff any of em and they all belong to someone else anyway.

Explaining to a lil girl whos first few words among others were "pikatamo" (pick a tomato) and "wiffdis" (smell this weird looking plant matter, it's interesting) that some people get deeply, deeply grumpy about even small pink people picking a couple of leaves is pretty difficult, without trying to set her up with a fairly dim view of humanity that is :P

Oh, that and the classic looks people give you when you wander into a nursery and someone says "you guys just looking or after something in particular?" and the girl pipes up with "cactooseses n erbs"... they tend to do things more like that shortly before their birthday or when they know in advance you have jellybeans in the car.

Interestingly enough some of the MOST obnoxious looks you will ever get in your entire lifetime come as a result of trying to STOP your little monster play near roads, pull teetering displays of knives and glassware onto their heads, etc... dearie me,that child is trying it out... SOMEONE,CALL THE POLICE :lol:

S'alright, they're the same people that in 15 years time will be deploring the way that "todays youth have no respect" and "they just wont listen to sense".

Cute bub once again, always magnificent to see kids acting like KIDS rather than ornaments!

VM

hehe its ok mate, i totally understand. at least you were nice about it, some people sent abusive emails, but when told about the conditions we put her under when she goes to the dancefloor the suddenly lose their voice ;)

now if only she wasnt such a houdini. on the weekend she got out of the front yard. the gate is padlocked, and she beat it. holy crap its going to be a wild ride :D

hehehe thanks guys. been away for a while (got all sad when my whole collection of plants died (cept for cactii) and couldnt bear coming here seeing how well everyone elses is doing...) but my khat and calamus just came back to life after a few drops of ormus and cheered right up so now im back :)

Dude... you know I'm not far away. I've got plenty of cuts you can take.

Dude... you know I'm not far away. I've got plenty of cuts you can take.

i lost my phone to the local delinquent playground burning kids and dont have ya number anymore! can you pm it to me?

oh i forgot to say, sina, its totally cool that you have the vid in your sig - made us feel really happy that other people think she's as cute as we do :)

Edited by simon_marklar

Nice!

We have a 2 yr old boy and he has some unholy natural dance thing happening too. Mum & dad can't dance for shit but when he hears anything that sounds even remotely doof-doofy he breaks out moves that leave me in awe. I have joked that it must be due to some chemical residue (there is a chance he was conceived [unplanned] after a big night, but we don't think so). It has to be seen to be believed. Even in the bath, high chair, or car seat, crank some dance tunes and he is into it. Friends that have seen it can't believe it. A mate reckons that there have been occasions where remote tribes (in Africa maybe?) who have never heard recorded music have been played some serious dance (or maybe psychadelic?) music and have spontaneously moved to the beat. It sounds plausible to me and I am convinced there is something like this going on with our boy.