The Corroboree
cycle

Paralysis

Shit man, how hard is it to read the thread you're posting in? Or the linked related thread?

i meant a little more widely reported than this. i think that if this were a real problem there would be much more info out there on it. people, at least in the states, have been eating wild cyans since at least the early seventies.

a few mentions by stamets and some guys on an internet forum saying; "oh! that happened to me once!" does not really qualify as conclusive. we know many things about the mushrooms; if you mix it with such and such the effects are muted, if you ingest with such and such the effects are amplified. we know the subtleties of the experience, and i think that if paralysis was a real issue, considering how long these specific strains of mushrooms have been consumed for, that at this late date there would no longer be speculation, but accepted fact.

and no, i did not read the other thread, nor do i plan to really.

Physiological effects of psychedelics seem to be, in general, underreported and understudied. It is hard to find much of a mention of ANY physiological effects of psychedelics, apart from vomiting, yet anyone who has used psychedelics knows that they all have physiological effects that vary between substances.

Obviously this has never happened to you, but I think if you got out a little more, you might find that this isn't just something talked about on a forum, it is an accepted fact among those who use woodlovers (subs at least) that you may lose the ability to control some muscles at some stage during or after the trip.

Your refusal to read the other thread seems weird. If the subject is unimportant to you, why are you responding?

EDIT:Two thirds of your posts are in this thread and you refuse to read the other thread? Like I said, weird!

Edited by ballzac

i meant a little more widely reported than this. i think that if this were a real problem there would be much more info out there on it. people, at least in the states, have been eating wild cyans since at least the early seventies.

I assume you're referring to Panaeouls cyanescnes, these are not wood-lovers and I'm not sure if you've been paying much attention to the rest of the thread, but it has been mentioned specifically that these effects have only been noted with wood-lovers.

I assumed he meant Psilocybe cyanescens. A very similar species to subaeruginosa. However, I think the Panaeolus are much more widely used than the Psilocybe cyanescens, and perhaps this has caused some confusion for Daylight. That is, maybe he is aware that a mushroom called cyanescens is widely consumed, also knows that there is a woodlover called cyanescens and connects the two fallaciously.

My original questions were about p.subs but they could also have been p.cyans. Either way I'm not sure I agree that there would be widespread dissemination of knowledge due to the legal issues. There may be knowledge or even widespread knowledge but dissemination is always an issue (due to incrimination), as is reproducable research for the same reasons, not to mention finding funding and permission for such research. All we really have is anecdotal. We may be able to come to some consensus opinions through discussion of experiences that may benefit some people. I thought that was the point of this place. :lol:

I assume Daylight is refering to Psilocybe Cyanescens which is a wood lover.

Edit.

(Doh, ya beat me to it)

Edited by AndyAmine.

i have been referring to Psilocybe Cyanescens the whole time. they are quite common in my area and thus widely used, it has been this way since the sixties or seventies.

seeing as a few of you were quite miffed as to why i had no plans to read the other thread, i went ahead and read it. the reason i wasnt going to read it was because i knew it would be just the same as this. a bunch of members taking about the mushrooms and some of them got this effect and some know people who have gotten it. and i was right. that's not to say it is a totally useless thread, but it was again nothing more than a very small amount of anecdotal evidence. outside of this thread and a stamets lecture i went to recently i have never heard of this, and i would be eager to hear more. for right now it seems plausible this is a legitamate side effect, it also seems plausible that it is a result of just being very very high. until i experience it, or more information is published, i dont think anyone can say for sure.

it also seems plausible that it is a result of just being very very high.

Totally meaningless statement

i have been referring to Psilocybe Cyanescens the whole time. they are quite common in my area and thus widely used, it has been this way since the sixties or seventies.

Fair enough. Maybe it doesn't happen with cyanescens. It is fair enough that you are skeptical of something that is not widely reported and you have never experienced.

Friends dog had this after eating subs a few years ago

wondered if it had to do with the frequency he was eating them......after about the fifth reasonably high dose experience in as many weeks the paralysis started. every time he eat them about 4-5 hours later it would set in.

then after giving it a rest for a couple of months, next time he dosed was fine.

Heh DayLight, I find it funny how you refuse anecdotal evidence from a group of experienced users, but if the anecdote is your own then its acceptable?

The deal with this forum is that we try and maintain a scientific level of understanding and communication at a bare minimum, as an issue of credibility.

We are not just 'a bunch of dudes on a forum'. People generally get this impression from "dudes who join the forum post their crap prolifically for three weeks and then forget about it forever". While you might reflect this sort of ideal, the rest of us who strive for something more rigorous and scientific do NOT, and we certainly don't appreciate your attitude and contributions in that regard.

EDIT: ballzac, I am almost certain that with even a modicum of research into the issue, DayLight would probably find a correlation between Ps. cyanescens and paralysis. My guess is that he simply hasn't even checked.

Edited by Sina

ive had reports of my girlfriends legs going numb and weak this was in winter and it was quite cold

never happened to me though and ive had quite large doses of both p.cyan&p.sub grown locally and very well preserved fresh :drool2:

the culperit was a tea with black tea,ginger,lemonjuice(citric acid-vit c)p.cyans fruitbodys,strained

it would be interesting to find out the method of injestion and also she is smaller in body size i wonder if this would affect??

stiched

Paralysis is very unlikely in cyanescens allies - including Bohemica and subareuginosa - but much more likely in strong bluers like azurescens.,

Edited by Zen Peddler

^ Source?