The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Ace

Canberra Meet

It's in my calendar, I'll be there.

I don't think there are bbq's there, but I could be wrong. I'm happy to wander, or sit and eat, or anything else one might feel like doing.

Late morning? Early afternoon? The gates shut at 5.30 (I've been locked in there before :o )

Chris.

Hi All,

please consider this my official confirmation. 9th Feb.

Thanks for letting me know watertrade.

Ime interested can you PM me n let me know the details...

Cheers mole

bump

I suggested the date so think someone else should suggest the time & location (that's code for "I'm too lazy to list everyone in a PM") :)

Saturday's the multicultural food festival too, I'm definitely going for lunch before or after the gardens (or both!)...

Sorry folks, been lazy too :P I'll try to shoot everyone who has showed interest a PM with details at some point today. Only 4 days to go! :)

Bumpity bump. So, everyone still keen for the 9th Feb? Can we get any definate confirmations for this point in time? I know I have it scheduled into my book, so I will be there (I'll force myself to be there if there is a few people going :lol:). Still havent got round to PMing everyone - perhaps I'll get off my date and do so early next week. Good to see you should be making it Tarnicus. Feel free to bring close friends/family with an open mind. I think I'll probably be on my lonesome for this meet, but will see closer to time. Did we want to organise a BBQ or are people happy enough just having a wander about the place? I am happy to provide some snags/bread/salad if people are interested. I will have to confirm if there are indeed BBQs onsite - I will check soon. If there are none, it would be easy enough to pack a picnic or something.

Anyway, lets see who is definate and who is likely/unlikely to make the event.

Sure BBQ sounds good, count me in. Would you like me to pick up some top snags from Belconnen markets? If you could bring bread and sauce that would be good?

BB

Appologies to all - there are no BBQs on site. Happy to organise a pick-a-nick, but if not, we can just have a bit of a stroll/yarn/meet. Sending out a PM now... Me and my slackness :P

Appologies to all - there are no BBQs on site. Happy to organise a pick-a-nick, but if not, we can just have a bit of a stroll/yarn/meet. Sending out a PM now... Me and my slackness :P

Oh yeah :) Only been there once? Kind of overlooked the setup they have? If you could PM the time prior to the end of Friday, that would be sweet. Multicultural food festival sounds darn good. Forgot about that too!

BB

Sorry folks, I sent out a PM and it didnt seem to arrive in anyones inboxes? It didnt save to my 'sent items' either... Nevermind, I'll just post details here as below:

Meet at Canberran Botanic Gardens (bottom of Black Mountain) at 2pm, Sat 9 Feb. Meeting point will be outside the visitors centre (top of the carpark). Feel free to bring a loved one or friend (preferably one who doesnt mind boring plant talk/stories :P). I hope to be lugging along a few cacti cuts and some random entheo seeds for trade/sale, I hope others bring goodies to swap/sell too.

Under NO circumstances should people be bringing anything illegal (unfortunately that includes lophs in Canberra). I want this to be a fun and memorable meet, but I dont want anyone risking anyone elses time/freedom just because they want to bring something silly or do something inappropriate. Just common sense, hope people understand and respect these wishes. I dont mind if there are kiddies attending (I may end up bringing my young son along, but probably not at this stage), but this is another reason why things should be kept appropriate for the day. I dont mind in the slightest if people wish to do silly/illegal things in their own time, but I dont want to get into any trouble for somebodies stupidity. Enough said :)

No real agenda for the afternoon - just have a bit of a stroll about the gardens, chatting, swapping yarns, getting to know each other, bragging about plant collections, etc :) No idea how long things will go for - I suppose if there is only one or two people things might die down quickly, but if there is plenty of us then things should be plenty interesting to go for a good hour or three (a good 2 hours would be nice).

Please note, the parking does cost money (I think funds go towards the gardens). A couple bucks for a few hours if I remember correctly. There is a little cafe and a bookshop there (some awesome fungi books Watertrade and I spotted the other day!), acacia gardens, eucalypt beds, rainforest walk, etc - plenty to see and do. As I said, there'll be a few plants/cacti/seeds/books/etc brought to the meet (all legal, of course), so bring a few $ if you want, and feel free to bring your own things for trade.

Hope everything goes well. Again, could we get a few yes's/no's as to who hopes to attend? It'd be great to see a good 5-10 people there, all chatting plants :)

If people need any other details, you can post here or PM me (before 4.30 tomorrow arvo).

Sorry folks, I sent out a PM and it didnt seem to arrive in anyones inboxes? It didnt save to my 'sent items' either... Nevermind, I'll just post details here as below:

Meet at Canberran Botanic Gardens (bottom of Black Mountain) at 2pm, Sat 9 Feb. Meeting point will be outside the visitors centre (top of the carpark). Feel free to bring a loved one or friend (preferably one who doesnt mind boring plant talk/stories :P). I hope to be lugging along a few cacti cuts and some random entheo seeds for trade/sale, I hope others bring goodies to swap/sell too.

Under NO circumstances should people be bringing anything illegal (unfortunately that includes lophs in Canberra). I want this to be a fun and memorable meet, but I dont want anyone risking anyone elses time/freedom just because they want to bring something silly or do something inappropriate. Just common sense, hope people understand and respect these wishes. I dont mind if there are kiddies attending (I may end up bringing my young son along, but probably not at this stage), but this is another reason why things should be kept appropriate for the day. I dont mind in the slightest if people wish to do silly/illegal things in their own time, but I dont want to get into any trouble for somebodies stupidity. Enough said :)

No real agenda for the afternoon - just have a bit of a stroll about the gardens, chatting, swapping yarns, getting to know each other, bragging about plant collections, etc :) No idea how long things will go for - I suppose if there is only one or two people things might die down quickly, but if there is plenty of us then things should be plenty interesting to go for a good hour or three (a good 2 hours would be nice).

Please note, the parking does cost money (I think funds go towards the gardens). A couple bucks for a few hours if I remember correctly. There is a little cafe and a bookshop there (some awesome fungi books Watertrade and I spotted the other day!), acacia gardens, eucalypt beds, rainforest walk, etc - plenty to see and do. As I said, there'll be a few plants/cacti/seeds/books/etc brought to the meet (all legal, of course), so bring a few $ if you want, and feel free to bring your own things for trade.

Hope everything goes well. Again, could we get a few yes's/no's as to who hopes to attend? It'd be great to see a good 5-10 people there, all chatting plants :)

If people need any other details, you can post here or PM me (before 4.30 tomorrow arvo).

Thanks, got it :) See you at two,

BB

Sounds good, hope to be there. I was thinking of bringing a bottle of Monstera deliciosa wine, is it an alcohol free venue?

Still on if it's stormy?

Sounds good, hope to be there. I was thinking of bringing a bottle of Monstera deliciosa wine, is it an alcohol free venue?

Still on if it's stormy?

Hey Worowa,

I'm pretty sure its not alcohol free - I've been looking forward to trying this after you mentioned it ages ago. :drool2:

Re: the weather - Saturday: A shower or two. Min: 13 Max: 20 I will probably turn up regardless of weather and hopefully find somewhere dry to sit.

Look forward to finally meeting everyone. :)

Cheers

SABERTOOTH: could you let me know if you see this - I will probably call you later today anyway just to check. :)

I'll still pop in even if its bucketting down. If it is too wet to go for a wander, we might suggest heading somewhere else indoors (there are a few spots around the gardens, or plenty of others around that part of Canberra). I'd be keen to check out your wine Worowa - tho I've never heard of it so I'd better do some UTSE'ing :P Like I said, bring anything you want (whether its for sharing/selling/trading/flaunting/etc) as long as nobody brings anything illegal.

^Bump^ Canberran Botanic Gardens (bottom of Black Mountain) at 2pm, Sat 9 Feb. Again, could we get a few yes's/no's as to who hopes to attend?

hey everyone,

great to meet up with you all today - and thanks to those that brought along goodies to share. I feel a bid bad that I had nothing to offer in return.

I think we did well to get 7 people together - & I look forward to next time.

cheers

J

Also very stoked with the turn out and the great afternoon that was had. A big cheers to Worowa for the awesome home made wine and to Captain Marshmallow (I think it was him - sorry if I got names/faces mixed up :blush:) for that killer scopulicola cutting :worship: Oh, and thanks to Mr Farrz for that huge bag of datura seed! I cant wait to organise another meet as winter approaches - should be good fun out chasing fungi with cameras :) I might start another meet thread around May as the weather starts to cool down enough to look for fungi of interest.

I think there was a Psytrance festival that was mentioned at the meet - and whatyaknow, my memory has let me down yet again and I cannot remember what the name of it was. Did anyone have any details, and would anyone be interested in trekking up Goulburn way (I think it was out there) for a nite of tunes? I know I have a few people (close friends) who would be interested - it'd be great to go with a few of the Canberra Entheo-Crew to make it a great nite :)

Haha, WT, dont feel bad about not bringing any goodies to share - I was just needed to offload some excess seeds/cuttings (the generosity thing was just a cover) :P You guys just helped clear the shelves a little, so I think you did me a favour :lol: Big ups to all who came and contributed to make Saturday a great day for the local entheo-community :) If anyone needed any tips with them cacti cuttings/seeds, feel free to PM me for info on species names/growing tips/etc.

Edited by Ace

Why not chip in? :)

It was great to meet fellow Canberra plant-heads, and a real blast from the past to see Captain Marshmallow - last time I saw him I think I left him semi-passed out on a park bench waiting for a bus after a ridiculously long night of end-of-the-uni-year celebrations, over 3 years ago... I've been away for far too long.

Ace, I'm very glad I helped to clear out your shelves :) You've doubled my cactus collection (from 2...I've never been interested in cacti until recently). I think I've figured out which way's the right way up for the cuttings (*hopes*), but they already make a nice addition to my garden.

I think it was captain marshmallow who mentioned the thingy up in Goulburn, it sounds like it could be fun..

Ciao

Chris.

Around near Goulburn sounds like REGROWTH. Happening on the weekend of the 29th of Feb. www.regen.org.au