The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
apothecary

Goa Gil 24 hour set / R.E.G.E.N

Ok so I already put a post about this in Aus Natives but thought a roll call wouldn't be a bad idea.

Anyone else coming?

I know it falls around same time as Sydney Meet n shit, but man, GOA GIL! One of the founding fathers....and they're planting trees! TREES!

It's down south, about 2 hours north of canberra or something. Sunset Saturday till sunset Sunday. Greentix all sold out but last I saw moshtix still selling em for about $55.

You will see me there, with my spastically curly hair, dancing around like I really don't care, maybe eating some cherries or a pear.

I am sure plenty of Syd and Canberra doof crew will be there not to mention the freaks and geeks!

You will see me there, with my spastically curly hair, dancing around like I really don't care, maybe eating some cherries or a pear.

I am sure plenty of Syd and Canberra doof crew will be there not to mention the freaks and geeks!

Would be good to meet up with you again but I can't make this unfortunately. Am uber bummed about the whole thing. Talked to quite a few EGA'ers and other assorted melbournites the week after EGA that are heading up there, should be another gathering of real good people, and you plant trees too, that's pretty fucking cool.

One of the founding fathers of Psytrance, playing a 24 hour set, and then planting trees with cool peeps. I gotta figure out a way to make this!

yeah i cant make it, i wish he was coming closer to home, this is probably THE doof of the year really imo

24hrs or tasteful, dark psy (no fluffy stuff!!) handpicked by a djing sadhu who's heard more psy than most of us put together, 30k system and on top of a mountain with beautiful views - what more could you ask for?

would be really interesting to see the progression over 24hrs when the music has been selected by one experienced dj who's sole purpose is to facilitate the trance-dance experience, as apposed to numerous djs trying to squeeze as much magic as possible into their 1-2hr set before they hand over.

cool to see so many crews organising tree plantings too! B)

have fun Sina!! and anyone else who makes it along

24hrs or tasteful, dark psy (no fluffy stuff!!) handpicked by a djing sadhu who's heard more psy than most of us put together, 30k system and on top of a mountain with beautiful views - what more could you ask for?

-a ticket and way of getting up there

:drool2: sounds sooo good.

i go to aus natives forum very rarely.

..but thankfully i did learn about this event in the very nick of time.

i got the monday off so i can drive.

there are only a small handful of things i'd be willing to take at this gig, and of those, i only have sid, which is last on the list.

i'm not sure if you're interested in being approached for something more natural (i should probably find some anyway), but if so, PM me a photo of yourself.

This sounds amazing, wish i knew about it earlier. Hopefully i can get monday off work - but that is unlikley. :(

edit: is there some form of 'official' announcment with all details?

Edited by chriscore

Unfortunately, my mate doesn't get off work till 10pm on Saturday night so probably won't get there till 12 or later, which means I don't get to experience the whole progression, but whatever!

chriscore, check the moshtix website.

Sorry TI, I'm not taking much except for some chocamine and kava. Didn't really get a chance to organise anything.

awwww!

i was hoping to have a few ultra-short trips.

i'll just follow my nose eh

i hope the gate price doesn't sting too much.... didn't get tix sorted in time.

Did anoyone go?

How was it????

it was a killer doof, the lack of dancefloor in those pics/vids is due to the bad weather.

What do you mean lack of dancefloor TI? All the shots/vids are of the dancefloor?

it's not pumping though, in many of those shots. i'm in about 7 pics and 2 vids and in most of those there are about five others.

i travelled too far to let the rain stop me.

Well, it was a massive site so people were literally wandering far and wide (the music followed for ages). We saw more than a few people drive off around various large hills/mountainy type things, we personally walked halfway the way around the hill behind the 'carpark' and you could see people down in the valley on Gils left doin' all sorts of shenanigans!

I had one guy approach me in the wee hours of the morning after the second or third rain front had passed saying "hey man I heard you could tell me if these mushrooms are safe to eat" with a bunch of very white fresh not safe to eat random pickings.

I had one guy approach me in the wee hours of the morning after the second or third rain front had passed saying "hey man I heard you could tell me if these mushrooms are safe to eat" with a bunch of very white fresh not safe to eat random pickings.

Well thank god he knew who to look for! that's the last thing you want at such a gathering, some silly-head poisoning himself.

Glad to hear it went off, so who's going to Rainbow Serpent?

so who's going to Rainbow Serpent?

:wink:

"shroomer eats too many shrooms at evil party, dies"

but seriously dude, that's just natural selection let it be.