The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
blangschpeer

100th post give away!

Well it's taken nearly 2 years but I've finally made it to my centurian post :o

Anyway, I'm giving away 50 peyote seeds to the first person to correctly identify all the colour mutations of my cockatiels :)

Sounds easy, but looks can be decieving :wink:

So without further ado, I introduce to you all:

Baby boy (origionally called Hans)

post-1315-1194052729_thumb.jpg

Sweetie cluck (origionally called nibbler)

post-1315-1194053054_thumb.jpg

Peaches

post-1315-1194053304_thumb.jpg

And finally Griffin (AKA Chickun)

post-1315-1194053799_thumb.jpg

Everyone can have 2 guesses. Good luck people!

Congrats on the 100th post!

By colour mutations do you mean colours that they have which they shouldn't have? Anyway...

I see yellow, orange, white, grey. Plus a light blue and a green, but this could be due to the flash and quality of the photo.

Thanks for the comp. :)

Congrats on the 100th post!

By colour mutations do you mean colours that they have which they shouldn't have? Anyway...

I see yellow, orange, white, grey. Plus a light blue and a green, but this could be due to the flash and quality of the photo.

Thanks for the comp. :)

I mean the specific name of the mutation e.g. albino, lutino or pastel cheek....

Sorry about the ambiguity there :)

But yeah, I wish I had a blue or a green cockatiel, they're worth thousands, there are only a handful in existence.... For now.....

But yeah, I wish I had a blue or a green cockatiel, they're worth thousands, there are only a handful in existence.... For now.....

Can you graft them?

:lol:

I mean the specific name of the mutation e.g. albino, lutino or pastel cheek....

Sorry about the ambiguity there :)

Haha, that's ok, makes more sense now. :blush:

And now that it does, i have no idea.

Thanks for the generosity though. :wink:

I guess if you could graft them, it would be called an "airiol graft"

By the way, Happy 200th post Aya!

Man this is a really hard comp

1.White faced silver?

2.normal-grey

3.Cinnamon

4.Pied

?????????

Edited by JustAskSally

1.White faced silver?

2.normal-grey

3.Cinnamon

4.Pied

?????????

You're sooooooooooooo close!

1.White faced grey?

2.Pearl?

3.Cinnamon?

4.normal grey?

thats the closest i can possibly do.. man good work on the comp, maybe a bird enthusiast can set me straight..

Peace..

also good excuse to get my pm count up as well!!hahaha

nooooooo

.. definately not normal grey..

Thanks for the great comp, really had to rack my brain 4 this1 and looks like i missed out.

i dont know anything about these birds but from having a look at pictures on the internet id guess

1. white faced

2. pearl

3. cinnamon

4. white face pied

Its perdy hard to correctly ID the mutations because of the quality of the pics and not being of the full bird but here goes,

1. White faced Platinum

2. Pearl

3. Cinnamon Pearl

4. White face grey

My best guess

I can see this competition is nearly over, each bird has been correctly identified at some point...

Here's a hint, where Harry was wrong -Genki was right, where Genki was wrong -Harry was right; it's all down to the correct placement of one word.

Sorry about the picture quality people, they're a little bit camera shy. Actually, they're scared of most things, you should hear them scream when a butterfly flies past the window :rolleyes:

1. White faced

2. Pearl

3. Cinnamon

4. White face pied

hows that?

Edited by XipeTotec

1. White faced

2. Pearl

3. Cinnamon

4. White face pied

hows that?

White faced grey

2. Pearl

3. Cinnamon Pearl

4. White face

In that case I'll say:

1. White faced Pied

2. Pearl

3. Cinnamon Pearl

4. White face grey

My second best guess :lol:

Tell me about how timid teils are hehe. I thought it was just mine that had a phobia for flutterby's lol.

Thanx for the comp by the way blang :B

second guess:

1. white face

2. cinnamon pearl

3. cinnamon

4. white face pied

Ding Ding Ding!

We have a winner named Harry! Congratulations man :) Shoot me a PM and I'll send you those seeds early next week (or tomorrow if I do any well on the melbourne cup, it my one bet a year)

So for all those curious, Baby boy is a whiteface, Sweetie is a pearl, Peaches is a cinnamon pearl and Griffin is a whiteface pied. As the males mature they tend to lose thier markings, when we first got Griffin he looked like he was made out of lace but now he looks more like a standard whiteface.

I just wish the little man wouldn't pluck, he's after sweetie but she doesn't want him. We usually have a vest for him so that he can't, but in warmer weather it really slows him down and he doesn't sing.

Anyway, it's been fun watching this comp roll. Thanks to everyone who participated

Ding Ding Ding!

We have a winner named Harry! Congratulations man :) Shoot me a PM and I'll send you those seeds early next week (or tomorrow if I do any well on the melbourne cup, it my one bet a year)

So for all those curious, Baby boy is a whiteface, Sweetie is a pearl, Peaches is a cinnamon pearl and Griffin is a whiteface pied. As the males mature they tend to lose thier markings, when we first got Griffin he looked like he was made out of lace but now he looks more like a standard whiteface.

I just wish the little man wouldn't pluck, he's after sweetie but she doesn't want him. We usually have a vest for him so that he can't, but in warmer weather it really slows him down and he doesn't sing.

Anyway, it's been fun watching this comp roll. Thanks to everyone who participated

Awesome :) Unfortunatley by my reckoning my guess is still wrong. My last guess had Baby boy as a white face pied instead of a white face and Griffin as a white face instead of a white face pied. So close, some Loph seeds would of been awesome:( Ahhh well :B

Anyway congrats to whoever reads this and makes the winning post hehe. Also thanks to Blangschpeer for an interesting comp :)

Baby boy is a whiteface, Sweetie is a pearl, Peaches is a cinnamon pearl and Griffin is a whiteface pied

do I win now? :D

beautiful birds!

Anyway, I'm giving away 50 peyote seeds to the first person to correctly identify all the colour mutations of my cockatiels :)

Oh sure, let's just pick on the colour-blind guy :P

Great comp and beautiful lookng birds :)

pls make the amendments which harry pointed out, and send me the seeds :)

if your post is right then im afraid i beat you to it, check out my first guess 2-3 above yours