The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
lampy

The Right Brain vs Left Brain

Which way round?  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

keeps changing... anti, then, if i look to the left of it, it changes to clockwise, its actually weirding me out a bit!

Edited by XipeTotec

I saw anticlockwise, but then stared for a few mins trying to see the other direction and couldn't!

I then started looking at something else and looked back and got clockwise? I think you should take the direction when you first saw it?

Does anyone know if this is an accurate test?

Edited by lampy

Clockwise.

I think I did another similar thingy once which also said I was a 'right sider' so I guess it's accurate or both tests are identically flawed?

It kind of reminds of me of CS' old avatar.

Edited by apothecary

Anticlockwise, no way in hell i can make it spin the other way. This doesnt seem like an optical illusion either, instead it just keep spinning anti-clockwise, how the hell can anyone see the other direction????

I like the one with the disappearing dots, about brain switching, that is switching from the left to right hemisphere, i think the more switches the better, i can't remember why, i guess so you cross-reference everything through both filters of thinking.

Apothecary, I figured (from what I know of you) that you'd probably be more left-brain orientated and me the other way around, - judging by the list on the site, funny how its the opposite. I'm not sure what to make of this, I need to be more impetuous and take more risks I guess. See if I can switch her spin the other way.

The List:

LEFT BRAIN FUNCTIONS

uses logic

detail oriented

facts rule

words and language

present and past

math and science

can comprehend

knowing

acknowledges

order/pattern perception

knows object name

reality based

forms strategies

practical

safe

RIGHT BRAIN FUNCTIONS

uses feeling

"big picture" oriented

imagination rules

symbols and images

present and future

philosophy & religion

can "get it" (i.e. meaning)

believes

appreciates

spatial perception

knows object function

fantasy based

presents possibilities

impetuous

risk taking

Edited by El Duderino

woops.... maybe the grand plan of the test is to see if your a dumb fuck.... i mixed my clockwise and anticlockwise up, it was initially clockwise for me. duh.

also, i noticed if u focus on the foot, u can get the figure turning however u want quite easily

Edited by XipeTotec

Cool

Started clockwise, quickly changed to anti, and then I could pretty much get it to do as I pleased for a while, but finally got stuck in clockwise again

I'd like to see the different effects under different states of mind though ;)

Stare at the reflection of the foot for awhile and then follow it back up the body. I can normally get it to stay on the other direction for awhile.

Normally clockwise for me though

she spins clockwise for me, she changed to anti-clockwise twice briefly but it was only after i stopped trying to make her

maybe we see i t anti clok wise elduderino cos our brains are in backwards ? just a thought

Started clockwise, quickly changed to anti, and then I could pretty much get it to do as I pleased for a while, but finally got stuck in clockwise again

I'd like to see the different effects under different states of mind though ;)

me too x 2

edit: actually, my missus showed me this a few days ago

i saw it as cw at first, then she said "no it's acw" and spun her finger acw, as soon as she did that i saw it as acw

Edited by --{ MAYJA }--

It spinning right for me.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Subliminal imagery might be how the test works.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I might have thought it was BS when I first saw it except I got the mrs to look at it, and we definitely were not seeing the same thing

After a while I could close my eyes, imagine which way it was spinning, and thats what it would be doing, and then I didn't even have to close my eyes to change the direction. But I guess the main effect has worn off by then, cause your brain has figured it out

My first viewing, it was going anti-clockwise and before I could read what it said, I got it to go clockwise. Then it wouldn't stop going that direction! After a while, with more focus and by looking at the foot, I got it to go back briefly. Now, however, every time I see it, it moves clockwise. Hmm. Maybe that just reflects that I'm at work doing left brain activity so that was how my brain reacted, but I'm innately a little more of a right brain type person. Maybe.

Edited by FM.

very clockwise. thres not even an inkling that its going or will ever go anticlockwise.

Well theres is a outlawed technique that presents images fast than the eye can blink, as in former movie thing for by popcorn and sodas.

Faster then the eye can blink.

The leftbrain/rightbrain stuff is not so interesting as the technique.

How can someone get a leftbrain/rightbrain otherwise.

So the leftbrain/right brain is interesting, but they do it 100 images per second and your mind picked out the ones that made perception sense.

Subliminal perception as a overload.

As in movies or Tv.

Different than a artist like Escher.

http://www.mathacademy.com/pr/minitext/escher/

And alot more hallucenogic friendly.

clockwise for me. Though after some practice I find it fairly easy to change her direction.

I have found if you close your eyes and imagine her spinning in whatever direction, when your eyes open she will be spinning the way you imagined.

All I can get is clockwise, nothing makes me see it the other way. By the looks of the results we're a very creative bunch round here

Anticlockwise, no way in hell i can make it spin the other way. This doesnt seem like an optical illusion either, instead it just keep spinning anti-clockwise, how the hell can anyone see the other direction????

are we missing something here?

i have a serious question.

she is spinning clockwise. studying the image i can arrive at no other outcome, i mean, she is clearly goin clockwise.

for her to be going anti-clockwise, first you'd have to change the definition of anti-clockwise.

so what is wrong with The dudes eyes/brain?

are we missing something here?

i have a serious question.

she is spinning clockwise. studying the image i can arrive at no other outcome, i mean, she is clearly goin clockwise.

for her to be going anti-clockwise, first you'd have to change the definition of anti-clockwise.

so what is wrong with The dudes eyes/brain?

I had the same porbelm.

Now look and concetarte real hard at her shadow of the outstretched leg and she truns the other way but as soon as tyou look at here she goes clockwise.

maybe the ppl who see it anti clockwise just have a foot fetish :):unsure:

Wow clever,

The first second I looked at I thought "clockwise" and nothing could have convinced me otherwise... simply couldnt have understand how it could appear any other way.

After twirling something anti clockwise and looking again it appeared anti-clockwise as well.

also, i noticed if u focus on the foot, u can get the figure turning however u want quite easily

Yeah same, took me awhile to get that biatch to stop goin CW but.

the anti-clockwise image doesn't make sense.

you can perceive it as anti-clockwise, but it's not, it's not an accurate depiction of a human spinning anti-clockwise... it's just a human spinning clockwise, being perceived as anti-clockwise much the same way that some car rims appear to be spinning backwards (or the way that what's outside a car window can seem like it's moving and the car is still... or like the way you might look at something spinning, and believe it is spinning a particular direction THOUGH IT IS NOT)

PLEASE tell me if i'm missing something??

i'm thinking it is something like devance is talking about

"they do it 100 images per second and your mind picked out the ones that made perception sense.

Subliminal perception as a overload."

there must be two different versions embedded in the image. otherwise, you are all completely fucking mad.

*Thunder is disgusted by this entire affair, and wants an answer*

Edited by ThunderIdeal