The Corroboree
foolsbreath

WHO"S GOING TO EGA?

Thought It would be good to have a thread on who's going to EGA

I think I am, and will make up my mind for sure in the next day or two so I can get my earlybird ticket, but living up here in northern NSW the travel proves a bit tricky :unsure:

Anyways thought it might be good for people to register their interests so people can sort out transport. I could drive, but if I drive by myself, it would probably be cheaper to fly, but if I fly I'm sort of limited to what I can take with and I'd still have to hire a car, but I'd save two days of traveling and 2 days of work, which would pay for the flight and car rental :rolleyes:

Either way its only 3 months away and time will fly!

Deffinitely going! bought my tics yesterday.

I will be driving from Glen Innes in Northern NSW with my missus, we gotta dunny door so there should be some room, PM if anyones interested & we'll split pety money.

Yes myself and my travelling companion will be making the trip

Not sure how we're gonna get there yet but we'll find a way.

Me and a few others of the Sydney crew will be representing!

Bring your funny hats and anti-CS spray.

I plan to go, if all goes to plan ill be there.

Hope to see you crazy kids up there

me and phillistine are hoping to go, prolly fly from townsville to melb but.....

shit yes :shroomer:

Thirded! :shroomer:

:wink:

If I do not go, I will have to run the event at my house and that could be painful for my plants, cat and girl :lol:

With Eat Static playing at Rainbow I can afford that or EBA. have not been able to make my mind up yet.

I hear your pain simon marklar :BANGHEAD2: . I have to take two weeks off work to Help run EGA. Traditionally RSF is when me and my lady take our holidays together party it up at RSF. So this year I can not take holidays then so I am having to scheme an massive plain to involve my workplace in RSF and have a stall there. That is the only way I am going to get to go to RSF and do one of my favoured this in the world, which is take doof pics;

1127066555_93a3fb44cf_o.png

Anyway I am sure you will have time to do both if save all your $$$ and buy tickets to both as early and cheaply as possible.

Well I hope to see you at both events.

:lol:

1127066555_93a3fb44cf_o.png

stop it! stop it! stop it! (damn i love your doof pix, damn you to hell for capturing the moment so damn well)

Anyway I am sure you will have time to do both if save all your $$$ and buy tickets to both as early and cheaply as possible.

Well I hope to see you at both events.

:lol:

i'd love to be at both but money wise, even if i save... its still too much... i gotta provide for me, my girlfriend and my daughter, plus i gotta payback a 2k personal loan, and a 2.5 k loan for my computer, im determined to do it by years end. i been in debt for the last 5 years and im sick of it. i just got rid of 2 credit cards so i gotta keep the momentum up! i felt chains lifting off me when i cut up that amex. i recommend everyone to do that!!!

plus there is the hassle of taking my whole family to another state in really rough conditions - we've done over night parties, but 4 days in the bush with a 2 year old scares the shit outta me... too many things could go wrong to make the trip more stressfull than relaxing...

having said that, EGA would be very easy, just me, interesting subjects... but.. no eat static...(i love eat static) no way of getting there either...

requires lots of thought and planning

Just called V/Line and they said there are 2 buss every day from Melbourne to Mansfield and Mansfield to Melbourne.

The trip takes 3hours and is not very costly

Adult: $19 weekdays

Concession: $9 weekdays

Operator: V/Line

Contact V/Line: 136 196

That sure sounds very acceptable

We could then do a pick up from Mansfield for the late bus and drive you to the conference.

And a drop off back in Mansfield on Monday afternoon and Tuesday too, after the conference.

We would need to know the numbers on the bus before hand but we can work this all out closer to the date.

You may wish to book your travel soonish but to make sure you get a seat.

Hope this has been of sum help.

:wink:

Edited by RonnySimulacrum

tripi,soph and myself will be comin down and hopefully form a convoy with bacchant in sydney, should be some spare seats id say. rooly lookin forward to it!!!

I'll be there in spirit...

I'll be there in spirit...

What dose that mean Torsten, you giving your talk as a spectre and leaving the body at home?

:rolleyes:

when I was organising EBs or raves the one thing that used to drive me insane is people telling me "I'll be there in spirit". I used to feel like telling them not to bother because really it is such a pointless statement. I guess it would be different if their spirit actually bought a ticket :wink:

I just wonder how often you had heard that statement :P

na, I'll be there in spirit, in the flesh and any other form I might learn in the meantime.

And maybe my post will prevent the inane drivel of people who think that an organiser takes any comfort in real people's spirit attendance [without ticket]. In fact, maybe you should have a special half price ticket for those who want to attend in spirit! That way they can support the event, but they don't eat any of the food and don't need chairs :lol:

The hall could have a seating area, standing room at the back, and a hover space above.

Booyah i should be there with a heep of adelaliens... if we can organise some transport hahah :P

lol torsten

im about 80% sure i'll be there, saving my pennies, so many things happening towards the end of this year. it looks as if my better half wont be able to get the time off work so it might be a solo mish, thanks for the info on buses ronny that helps!

and i wish you hadn't mentioned Eat Static simon marklar, add another costly adventure to my list why dont ya! :P

I do not won’t to fill this thread up this specifics of the conference as it is more of a who is going and how are they getting there thread

But I would like to point out that if you have not joined the mailing list you should do so ASAP as today is the last day you can purchase the ‘early bird mailing list’ tickets, which is the cheapest ticket price available for this conference. Anyway if you do so by tonight and mail out your order on Monday you would just scape in.

As I realize many of you do not have that much $$$, so I thought I best remind you of this why I can.

im going with my bro.

prob driving from brissy

Now that sounds like a mad trip GingaNinja :lol:

So happy to see SAB is giving EGA a some decent support this year

This is sure going to be one fun gathering B)

Brings some plants to trade