The Corroboree
teonanacatl

Grafting Book

Here is somthing Ive been working on, still not finished so dont distribute and will be updated when im done and then after that when somthing new comes along. All i need for this is step by step peres grafting and wedge grafting pics which I will take when I do some grafting, this copy is just for people to give feedback, like any other sections youd like included or any other info, find my spelling and grammar mistakes too please :D And anything else like nomenclature or classifications. Respond here with the bits to edit.

http://files-upload.com/395598/Teossmallbo...OPY.pd.pdf.html

I will delete after a few days.

Edited by teonanacatl
  • Like 4

teo... i just flicked through it, so i didnt pick up any errors etc. It looks great, I suspect it will become my grafting bible...esp as u r my grafting god, lol :) thanks... im sure u will let us know when final copy is available (unless u r publishing it) even then, im sure u will inform us of its availability. Thanks again

Looks fantastic Teo!! :worship: I havent read it just yet (will do as soon as I get a chance to scratch myself), but had a quick look over the topics and pics etc and I'm very impressed :)

Just one thought - there is many open spaces of paper with nothing on them. I know this is to space out the different sections, but perhaps it could be brought together a little more? Perhaps add another pic, drawing or even a quote or something (dont know how many would relate to grafting cacti... maybe there has been something of value brought up in an old thread or something?) to the more open spaces?

Not trying to find fault, just a bit of constructive critisism :blush: but like I said before - it does look FANTASTIC! I cant wait to see the final copy on the shelves of the local bookshop B)

Edit: BTW, that optuntia tree graft looks unreal on the cover!! :drool2:

Edited by Ace

Not trying to find fault, just a bit of constructive critisism :blush: but like I said before - it does look FANTASTIC! I cant wait to see the final copy on the shelves of the local bookshop B)

ace, delete your copy, u ungrateful.....

:)

I just noticed there is a restiction on the printing - I cant print :( Is this something that you didnt want people to do Teo, or was it accidental? Lol - I suppose it would be best to avoid inking up trees :P

Very greatfull teo, many thanks for sharing your extensive knowledge and experiences - I agree with shroomy definately bible material. :worship:

Oh yeah....don't forget you need one of those cheesy photo's of the author on the back as well!!

thanks mate:)

AJ

yeah im gonna try put some pics in those areas, i tried to make the blanks as small as possible and have the section end at the end of a page.

I restricted printing so people wouldnt distribute the rough copy lol, would rather people waited and distributed the full version, better to save paper for now :)

Wont publish it, would rather it be freebie to everyone, my gift to you guys, and you guys can respect that by giving away loph plant and seed material, a giving cycle yeah!!! Im gonna offer some scrap peres for give away soon so people can get some going in their collections and when I run out of trich grafting stock (shortly) ill be offering that if people send me two trich stocks ill send them back one with a loph grafted on it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ok will work on cheesy photo. probably better get phillistine in too he was uber helpful:)

I should say i posted this now as final version could take some time to get all the pics I want.

Edited by teonanacatl
  • Like 1

yeah teo, i read the last paragraph of your book (the dog got my attention) and thought what you said was really cool in regards to a trading, sharing loph community. :) . I'll be the 1st to cash in on the peres... so mark me down. I am very keen to get into grafting this year, and your book has given me inspiration and information. :)

FINAL VERSION- same link?

Edited by XipeTotec

When i Post the final version ill try get it hosted somwhere where it wont expire, ill def let people know. Thanks to those who have already responded to this keep it up :D

As a tease the final version index looks like this atm lol

Why Graft?

Grafting Basics

Propagation Theory

Choice of Stock

Growing Pereskiopsis

Growing Trichocereus

Sowing Seed

Grafting to Pereskiopsis

Areole Grafting

Pollination

Re-grafting to Other Stock

De-grafting/ Taking Cuttings

Pests

Setup

Edited by teonanacatl
  • Like 3

Ok will work on cheesy photo. probably better get phillistine in too he was uber helpful:)

I should say i posted this now as final version could take some time to get all the pics I want.

oh... i read... 'I should say i posted this now as final version"," could take some time to get all the pics I want." derrr

Sounds fantastic Teo B)

You mentioned you wanted typos pointed out. I found a couple sentences along the way that might need re-wording, or perhaps it was just my control-freak way of looking at it :P Tho upon looking over it again, I cant seem to find any typos/unusual sentences other than this one:

Page 3: "The reason for the pupping is that that scion..." should maybe read "The reason for the pupping is that the scion..."

Otherwise very readable and great for all cacti enthusiasts.

ROLF - love this quote:

"You may find grafting after midnight after five days sleep deprivation, naked, with a monkey might increase your success rate, though it may not as well." :lol:

Well done mate, a lot of hard work has gone into this (quite clearly!). I share your vision of producing enough seeds/cuttings throughout the community to lower prices and eventually be able to use these ritualistically.

With that said, LETS GET GRAFTING!!

You definately have my support at free distribution to the community, as I now have a training manual!!

Just need to get the peres stocks happening.

Anyone in Brissie got some peres they might like to share, take some of the burden away from teo?

AJ :)

Page 3: "The reason for the pupping is that that scion..." should maybe read "The reason for the pupping is that the scion..."

come on ace, although not used very much in today's literature... the double "that" is a very effective word combination, you of all people should know that that!

Edited by XipeTotec

Just checked it out. It is great!

The wedge graft method is now a great addition to my grafting technique, thanks for sharing that.

Thanks Teo, very impressive :worship:

A must have for newbie grafters like myself.

Informative and easy to understand.

Now if only the next 6 months would hurry up and pass so I can try your wedge graft technique on my baby lophs :wink:

Many thanks teo!!!!

I am extremely grateful for your efforts - If I were you however - I would reconsider publishing a book version - I like many and practically any enthusiast of growing sacred and medicinal cacti would be happy to have it,

even if it meant buying a copy -

secondly it would look great on a bookshelf - next to Trouts notes, Anderson's Peyote divine cactus and M S Smiths sacred and medicinal cacti book!! Im a sucker for cool books LOL

thirdly it would benefit you financially (hopefully) to the extent that you would be able to expand your efforts and be able to do further research -

Anyhow - however it goes Thanks to you - and if you ever do decide to do a limited run of printed copies - please mark me down for an autographed copy!

Cheers

Cw

• Like 1

haha thanks charlie but i dont particularly want to have to try and get it published, if somone offered to do it id accept but im not likely to go searching. Id like to write similar small books on more aspects of cacti and entheogen growing and also on chemical stuff like extractions, qualitative analysis, chemcical constituents of each plant etc perhaps I would try publish in one book when Ive got all that written.

• Like 1

Hi Teo,´

i´m a little bit late but i like it! Very good work! Expand it to lets say 100 more sites in which you tell about your secret tricks and some pics and you´d probably have a great selling book. But it seems that this isnt your intension at all. bye Eg

Edited by Evil Genius

not sure if it is a mistake but i think the may needs to be make on pg 17

I say this does not really may(make?) a differnce and is a lot harder then what i do.

Just checked it out, very nice work, thanks for collating it all into a easy to read format :)

BD

Good read, very concise.

Liked how u included pollinating a subject rarely touched on & imperative to mass proliferatilon.

Ur final thought is nobley ambitious & I cant wait to help it come to fruition.

this book will cause a lot of instant excitment in many people, and will inspire them, to "have a go with grafting", and many who done so before will be picking up an idea or two from teo the grafting champ!

thx, this is awesome! :worship: