The Corroboree
dqd

KAVA SOURCES

Pointless keeping sources quiet now I feel.

1kg = $40, Fijiian waka, bit sticky but hey, it's gold now, right :(

Santoshi International Indian Store,

Cannon Hill Shopping Centre (Brisbane)

In the old section.

Those on public Transport, get yourself to a Great Circle Line 598/599... just make sure you're going the right way round the great circle! :lol:

Try The Kava Hut:

The Kava Hut

Reasonable quality Vanuatan, bit pricey but, hey! it's gold, right.

There's always Happy High Herbs, they're around the place:

HHH

Tongan Kava I believe, though been a while since I've had it.

The rest of mine had already shut down due to complications :angry:

Well, just emergency brews and the occasional relaxed evening now. Make your kava last people :wink:

Where's the emoticon for 'Cheers!'? :lol:

Geeta in Fortitude Valley is presently fucked, but I got a quiet whisper about alternate arrangements in the next month or two.

Go Away, TGA.

VM

This is not an appropriate thread for discussion or lazy questions [and all OT posts will be deleted]. If you don't know what this thread is about then have a look at other active threads re kava.

How about Fiji Market [or was it Island Foods?] down King St in Enmore or is that [st Peters?]? One of them closed years ago and that's not the one I am referring to.

Last time I went there about 8 weeks ago is was closed, but I am told it is actually open.

Ahh, the immutable law of supply and demand.

HHH price for a kilo of kava is now $250! At those rates you would break even paying for a cheap return flight to Fiji and pick up two kilos yourself!! Come to think of it what a great idea...Fresh strong kava and a great holiday...yes! :drool2: :drool2:

Ahh, the immutable law of supply and demand.

HHH price for a kilo of kava is now $250! At those rates you would break even paying for a cheap return flight to Fiji and pick up two kilos yourself!! Come to think of it what a great idea...Fresh strong kava and a great holiday...yes! :drool2: :drool2:

thats bullshit

Opportunism. It's to be expected from those that place a high importance on money.

Only bought kava from him once, wasn't worth the cost but didn't know much then.

An emergency source, 'cept this time you don't break the glass, you break your bank card :wink:

please don't judge if you don't know the full story. HHH always work on the same mark up principle. All products are marked up by roughly the same percentage. And this percentage is essential for the shops to survive. They are all harworking people and none of them are 'cashing in' as you seem to think.

So, if a price is ridiculously high at HHH then that means their supplier's price was high. I have explained this before about cacti for example. Curiously in the case of cacti it is members of this community who do the supply at steep prices, but then complain about how HHH cactus prices are too high. Hypocrites!

In the case of kava I know how much he paid for it and the profiteering goes right back to his supplier. Most of the importers and distributors reacted very quickly to the import ban and most suppliers I know have gone up 50% last week and will likely go up more. I'll have to put up my prices soon too as my cheaply bought stock runs out.

On that note I'd like to mention that John of Klinkava did not put up his prices even though he knew of the situation.

I withdraw the first comment... stand by the other two.

I found his kava to not be of quality worth the price (before the price rise), in my opinion anyway :wink:

And $250 would certainly break my bank :lol:

not sure what's in stock at HHH at the moment, but I know he did stock several varieties until recently, including Klinkava, which we know is A1. The PNG stuff he had till recently was a bit rough for my liking, but most people I talked to liked it because it was effective. They probably weren't connoisseurs :wink: .

If I remember correctly, the couple of lots I got off him were Tongan, only one he was offering each time, both in real and internet shops :wink: .

I can get Fijian, $60/kilo.

Try any Fijian or Pacific Island food store.

I can get Fijian, $60/kilo.

Try any Fijian or Pacific Island food store.

Will you be able to in a month? :P

Not to spread shit, but ive talked to someone who worked at one of the hhh's who said dont order from sab as they are unreliable, now since the last order (and every other order i ever placed) i placed came well within the specified period i knew she was full of it. tell ray to keep his minions in order!! *ahem* to drunk to determine if this is innapropriate, it pissed me off tho :)

Will you be able to in a month? :P

Yeah, sorry, only read all the new legal bullshit _after_ posting that. I hate uninformed posters. :rolleyes:

That sucks patooty though, don't it. My girlfriend uses Kava to help treat her anxiety, and it works far better than the addictive Benzo's docs are always offering her.

I don't think she has ever even gotten a Kava buzz, that's me that uses it recreationally, for her it is purely medicinal.

I know no-one on the forum is located near me, Blue Mts, NSW, so I keep my source to myself. lol.

Also cause I don't know their name or number, just where the shop is in St. Mary's. :wink:

Edited by Benzito