The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Pusemuckel

How does Kratom start flowering

Hi to all,

does anybody have informations what conditions Kratom needs to start flowering??

Is it the daylength or maybe a special fertilizer??

Kind regards

Puse

Hi Pusemuckel,

i dont think you can induce flowering in Europe without a greenhouse. I´ve never seen a flowering plant in Germany. bye Eg

Hi EG,

not jet :wink:

I think about give a plant to an colleague but he must use insecticide frome time to time (because of our chief :angry: ) so this plant would not be for consumption, more just for fun and look if it starts flowering...

Does anybody knws what happened to the seeds of -bijanto-?? :scratchhead:

Hi Pusemuckel,

please keep us informed about your attempts to induce flowering.

I´m not sure what happenend to Bijantos seeds. I dont think that he even collected some.

If i remember right, this particular plant was a wild one somewhere in nature with free root run. I think free root run, plenty of humidity and nutrients are essential for inducing flowering. bye Eg

they have to reach a certain size before they flower, in age terms around 5 years or so.

i'm sure they can flower in a glasshouse.

the photoperiode is proly not a factor as this plant grows naturally close to the equator.

but my hinch is that only well nurtured plants will flower soon.

i recieved (residing in the uk ) some kratom seeds recently which are said to be 1 year old, still they germinated without problems, and although they are so small, they distinctivly look like kratom, haha. it's allways very special to grow a plant from seed, specialy if you used to grow it only by cuttings. it sort of opens the door to a plant in a way you never experienced before, maybe what i mean is that parental thing, like "oh what a sweet baby" which i seem to get aswell for plants!

Edited by planthelper

I have a friend who lives in CAnary ISlands, if you are German you know where The are :P.

My friend is thinking to get seeds or plants of Kratom to plant outdoors here :D.

:) Edited by Rev