The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
apothecary

About me...

I notice how generally, the older members seem to get along better with each other than the newer ones.

The possibility occured to me that this is simply because some of us know about each other, rather than just interacting with text on a screen, the older members are putting a personality (or maybe even a face) to posts.

So maybe for everyone to feel a bit more comfortable about each other we could post a little tidbit about us?

I'm a geeky city boy who turned 22 the other day. I work twelve hour shifts operating the big iron computers at a big Aussie TV company, on top of full time uni studying computer science.

I live with one of the SAB members who no longer posts, and most of my 'fun time' is derived from going to a large amount of live music gigs (thanks mostly to a friend in promotions), writing computer programs (yes, I said for fun :P), and of course, ethnobotany in all its incarnations.

Along with many members of this board, I have a book addiction, with my favourite genres being philosophy/religious, spiritual or mystic texts/anything by authors of the class Douglas Adams or Robert Anton Wilson.

So, what about you?

None of your business, you already know too much!

Edited by IllegalBrain

you're only 22 apoth?! i had an image of you being in your 30s mang :)

im 30, just had a child, her name is Esha. Here is some photos from the first 6 months of her life. At the moment my life consists of trying to make itself more secure, and saving for esha's education. she is the light of my life and makes me smile all the time :)

Im not that great of a gardner and have not gotten any seeds i have ever sown to grow (i shit you not). I had a decent garden going at a house years ago but a series of moves + the recent torrential rains has killed nearly all of my plants :( when i have time i plan on putting a vege garden in the yard, but weather has not been helping with that lately :) Herbs are my favourite plants to grow and im really looking forward to growing veges and having fresh salads etc.

I am a psy trance DJ who plays stuff that psy trance people think is too much like techno, and that techno people think is too much like psy trance, but i love it :) For work i am currently being the office IT shitkicker but I am trying to find a new job, but everytime i have been serious something happens that makes me put it off. last thing was discovering a lump on my tongue. but soon that will all be fixed soon (yay for surgery! and non tumorous lumps!) and i cant wait to move on to something more interesting. I want to get out of this office and get somewhere that i can be creative. this is my challenge for the next 6 months. (any help appreciated!)

I have met the eagle man, but was not ready, it acknowledged me and then disappeared. when i am ready, i shall meet him again. I also make ORMUS and have 100% changed my opinion on this substance - it does weird good things.

I talk more online than off - conversations in real life often fill me with anxiety and make me want to GTFO of where ever i am. online i can take my time and post lolcats. its kinda hard to nail a slogan to a cat and get the cat to keep the pose for long enough in real life. and most people dont find the nailing part very funny at all.

schrodingers-lolcat1.jpg

I too love reading books and am currently reading "The hollow chocolate bunnies of the apocalypse" by Robert Rankin. If you like Terry Pratchett, you might like this guys work. I am also a big fan of Feist. I love reading old alchemy books but reading anything non fiction gives me headaches after an hour. even reading a programming book makes my head throb. but fantasy... just goes in there easily :)

I commute 2 hours a day to work and use this time to read or play games on my nintendo DS - my most treasured possession. I really, really despise city rail.

hmm. thats more than a tidbit.

i like pina colada's, and walks in the rain.

seriously though... if anyone wants to know anything about me, just ask... i am an open book (within reason!! :) )

Edited by shroomytoonos

i like pina colada's, and walks in the rain.

wow man, i feel like i really know you now! :)

Edited by simon_marklar

Simon, that link doesn't seem to be working.

I try to get along with people on this forum because alot of great people have put alot of their special energy into the place. contributing any negative vibes would be disrespectful to them.

expressing negativity at all is something i know my plants disapprove of.

the difference with meeting some of these great people is that now, i not only respect them, i also love them.

Peace :worship:

so where do the sheep come into this story? :P:wink:

Edited by jono

Why do I keep saying things?

Edited by IllegalBrain

pastry chef

early 30's

worked alot internationaly

traveled to 112 countries to date.

love cats

neutral mind

no kids thanks not yet

working in china at tha moment.

left my babies with some good friends in the community.

loved grafting when i had my garden, and pics of them are in the forum pic libary.

dont like tv much

love dvds

true crime stories.

(serial killers a little not much tho)

fav book was MR nice. in true crime.

love to see more of central america

got a terrible obbsession with frig'n panties. not to wear but to see them worn :) )

dont post much but read alot of topics.

Edited by jasemateau

Wow 112 countries... was that mostly clocked up on holidays or for work or something else? What is the best place you've been and why? Same for the worst? Sorry for the interrogation.

studying to go into the mining sector as a geoscientist - great oppotunities and potential for a big boom when uranium mining starts, doing a managment minor as well.

-eldest of 6 siblings

-played piano 8 years, sax 4, drums 2, now i just work on a mix desk making harmonious vocal and instrument mixes

-decided to learn about ethnobotany last year, have random interests and i like to know more then a little bit of everything

i wonder what my next phase will be?

Edited by Tepa

No one answers anyway.

Edited by IllegalBrain

seriously though... if anyone wants to know anything about me, just ask... i am an open book (within reason!! :) )

OK. I'm asking. I think the point of this thread is to share rather than be asked, but if that's the only way you are going to get into the spirit of things then so be it. [Make it a good one and I'll consider your PM'ed request more closely :P ]

OK. I'm asking. I think the point of this thread is to share rather than be asked, but if that's the only way you are going to get into the spirit of things then so be it. [Make it a good one and I'll consider your PM'ed request more closely :P ]

Yes, I want to know more too shroomy... who is the man behind the humor? What is in the PM??? Is it a surprise???

Those question marks were just for you mate.

Hey Torsten, as long as you're here, how about you give something good up?

I know its probably old ground for most of the older members and even though I've been hanging around since 2002 I was only really checking out the planty info... the interest in the people here is a more recent development, basically since I got the internet and no friends in NZ... well, one, but he's 20+ years older than me.

Funny, cause now I don't read the plant stuff as much, maybe I should its a lot less taxing.

I just turned 39 and am not comfortable with the short life span I have, but [thanks to DMT] am not scared of the dying process itself.

I had a fairly conservative upbringing [by australian standards] in germany and was a bit of a mummy's boy. I grew out of that in my mid teens rather quickly and became fiercely independent. I was happily straight, now I'm happily gay, and happily 'married'. I did a few years of Uni, but always got bored with it as it was too slow. Then I discovered drugs and my previous interest in medicine and herbalism combined to a fascination with pharmacology which progressed into ethnobotany. I was a waiter and cocktail barman for a few years, then started DJing in the late 80's, moved onto music production, party promotions and vinyl import. I fried my brain on acid at one stage and decided to become a hermit in the bush. That didn't work out for long, but it did introduce me to LBMs and I quickly found a bigger purpose in my life. I picked up where I left off, threw some politics into the mix, but soon turned my attention to our current project Wandjina Gardens. The gardens is what I want to do and SAB is what my political conscience wants me to do. For the time being I have room for both.

Future plans are many and varied. I often change course rather dramatically, but somehow I've never changed away from the farming/gardening/research path, only towards it, so I am confident that I will probably be doing something along those lines for the rest of my life.

That's the short version. The long one is dotted right through this forum :wink:

yeah, im just not very good at talking about myself... and probally not even that interesting!!! :) when I have some time, I will make a post in here about myself.

25 yrs old, going on 50. From the depths of my soul, to the tip of my hose :lol: , I'm a cultivator of anything that gets ahold of me. A nurseryman working in sales, I'm a purist trying to compromise to get by. It's working because I'm a changling, but I'd rather be a plant breeder/inventor full time. I know how to be social, but would rather not because ignorance makes me feel violent, so I stick to myself and my fiance. I enjoy all manner of poisons (with proper set, setting, and dose,) a good romp in the sack (often,) a good sparring session, and letting coworkers believe I'm normal, shy, and stable as they come :wink: This is the first forum I have ever joined, and some people here I relate to more than anyone I've ever met, but often feel a little ignored - perhaps because I'm relatively new here or am not an aussie :unsure: High school was a whirlwind of intense study sessions and even more intense trips, but not necessarily in that order :huh: I wore out the welcome in several mindspaces in those years, so now I try to pace myself better. College was all cultivation of myself and plants ending up with a degree in the latter and a minor in bullshit. Both come in handy for my occupation of the last few years.

"The long [version] is dotted through this forum." Exactly, Torsten. That's one of the things I find most fascinating about forums: how an image of a person comes through their posting.

when I have some time, I will make a post in here about myself.

so much for the 'open book'.

so much for the 'open book'.

no need to be sarcastic...you failed to quote the "when I have some time" bit. i know u r dying to hear all about me... so that u can love me more? or use it against me? who knows!! :)

Edited by shroomytoonos

"no need to be sarcastic..."

Aint that the pot calling the reefer 'weed?' :huh:

"no need to be sarcastic..."

Aint that the pot calling the reefer 'weed?' :huh:

:) yeah, a bit