The Corroboree
xShiva.spacetechnology

Any finds in FNNSW?

Hey has anyone found anything interesting in FNNSW area recently? im new to mycology and wondering if anyone could give me some tips on any areas they may be useful to further my education? :)

thanks

xShiva :shroomer:

Usualy I would say you wouldnt have much luck this time of year but its been unusualy cold and wet lately so there could be some Subs growing in the right places, like springbrook, Mt.Warning areas.

Good luck to you and dont forget your camera.

Usualy I would say you wouldnt have much luck this time of year but its been unusualy cold and wet lately so there could be some Subs growing in the right places, like springbrook, Mt.Warning areas.

Good luck to you and dont forget your camera.

The camera isnt a bad idea. In the warmer months Psilocybe cubensis, Copelandia cyanescens, Panaeolus subbalteatus and un-named Copelandia species are to be found.

It sounds like most of you are forgetting that NNSW includes the table lands

Go 50-100km inland and you will find yourself close to or above 1000m above sea level

Take a trip up to dorrigo and have a look around, but it may be too cold up there now as the Myc stops growing when it regularly gets under 10 during the day and stops fruiting when the nights are consistently under zero, which it has been for some time now.

Take a trip up to dorrigo and have a look around

Really mate, you have found subs up there?

Found them in the New England National park very early in the season. I can only think that Dorrigo would be more suited being 300mm higher in rainfall and also slightly less severe temperature wise, hopefully extending the season somewhat.

There is plenty of fungal activity around here at the mo, heaps of wood and dung lovers but no actives, I think the temps have dropped too low.

thye are def about

try higher altitude SE qld and Far NNSW

Auracaria and pinus forest