The Corroboree
Pala

Importing Kava to Oz

Hey VM, u know I love u mate but lay off a bit, he does seem ligit & cheap too. If his free sample is good why not give it a go?, Seems to me u 2 just got off on the wrong foot, dont let a little misunderstanding jade either of u guys eh?

Not trying to stir the pot here or anything anyway.

"I'm not real big on anyone that responds to fairly logical questions from potential customers with insults or condescension, or accusation of drug abuse and/or being drug addled."

Some of ur comments could b taken as insulting, condescending or accusations of drug abuse

"whaaaat has this guy been drinking?"

"If it smells like bullshit, and reads like bullshit, then it probably isn't pot pourri... "

"SOMEHOW I think the kava big wig might maybe just take a peek at the final product... or maybe his "web master" has stuffed him around, in which case I'd feel better hearing he was planning to sack the bastard on Monday."

Hey Klin nice to have u on board, look forward to doing buisness with u in the future.

Hi Klin, we really are a nice bunch, just a bit jaded by the whole kavaman thing.

If dqd vouches for your product then that is more than enough for me and most others, and I'm sure you will find a loyal and FREQUENT customer base amongst us :P

I'll be making an order very soon

Thanks for comin and clearing this shit up klin

Peace

Naja

I think given the nasty things that were erroneously said about Klinkava it is quite understandable that John became defensive or even offensive. hell, after what I said in my post I didn't expect him to just accept my apology like that. But he did, which makes him a better person than those who try to keep the nastiness going. Give this guy a chance. We now know he is not James Armitage /kavaman and we should be supporting John for providing this product in australia despite difficult legal issues here.

Stick around John, I am sure you will find a lot of loyal customers here if you treat them right.

haha, yez are easily the funniest bastards I know :lol: Sugar n salt in equal parts... love it. Sincerely.

I seem to remember ending my second-from-last post (the one before being accused of being a drug abuser) by saying "proofs in the pudding, we'll wait n see". Which makes me wonder why it's still an issue, but here goes.

To me, there is a fair difference between a vague reference to having a drink and "the other stuff he is now on".. semantics really. No worries.But I know if anyone accused me of being a junky in the flesh,or most of you for that matter, you'd be reasonably pissed. I hope next time I ask the chemist folks what fish oil they have on special, and is the Blackmores really better than the Herron, would you sell me anything hot cookd etc... they accuse...no... state in the definitive that I am a drug misuser, it'd only be fair :lol: Some of the things the lads here have to say about their weekly activities has be grinning, more so when I think that some of em one day will be dealing with Hi 5 twice an hour rather than getting high twice an hour (someone take Harry out and get him drunk).

Pointing out that if something smells, its often rotten, was general advice (not like that many of us are rolling in folding stuff eh?) and not specific to JF, more a remark on my own remarks... but I can see how it might be taken that way. You boys know that as a typist, I make a surprisingly good pastry chef.

Shru, you make me all warm n gooey too bud... (even if you think you're my mum, haha you don't seem scary enough :P ) ... you make a good point, half the people we end up with the shits with, its because of circumstance rather than the actual personalities... still... the bloke is trying to sell something, and I know how most people react to consumer doubts/questions/complaints being dealt with in that kind of style. Just my little opinion though. The mainpage directly refs NOT being dealt out of a shipping container, then DQD said clearly that it was being sorted "out of a shipping container in Brisbane".. maybe that was irony, not sure.

By we, I meant myself and another twenty or so Brisbanites that make the monthly pilgrimage to chinatown, not the mob on this sight. They're all big enough n ugly enough to take care of themselves. I'm sure they'll enjoy your product, if I lived in a kava free zone, I'd buy Klin out of stock too.

Still, Klin, you have some business sense, least you didn't use the Sacred Name of Mr T in your reply, just lil ol me haha... makes sense. Alls fair in love and tax dodging. Despite my remarks being based more on the nature of the replies to T's remarks, which were made with I reckon more vitriol in comparison to the evidence we had at the time.And I was saying more that Klin sounded a bit dodgy, rather than "klin stinks" (to paraphrase) But that's between you boys of course. We're all big people here.

Yeah that'll do me.

let me know how yez go, remember, bowel mobility is a good thing...you can take your time with a cloth or take your time on the toilet, I know which one I can do in front of the telly :lol:

VM

Edited by Vertmorpheus

haha, yez are easily the funniest bastards I know :lol: Sugar n salt in equal parts... love it. Sincerely.

Yep, same here :lol:

The mainpage directly refs NOT being dealt out of a shipping container, then DQD said clearly that it was being sorted "out of a shipping container in Brisbane".. maybe that was irony, not sure.

Sorry, misquote... substitute 'Warehouse' for 'Shipping container', my fuckup. Sorry if it caused confusion :blush: , but don't try getting out of me unless you're a wealthy old woman with a dicky ticker and a large purse :P

By we, I meant myself and another twenty or so Brisbanites that make the monthly pilgrimage to chinatown, not the mob on this sight. They're all big enough n ugly enough to take care of themselves. I'm sure they'll enjoy your product, if I lived in a kava free zone, I'd buy Klin out of stock too.

Some of us are also Brisbanites that partake in that waddle to the holy land/Indian/Fijiian/Islander store of yore :P . I will probably still make that journey, as my favourite kava mix is Fijiian waka-Vanuatan-Hawaiian black :lol:

To me, there is a fair difference between a vague reference to having a drink and "the other stuff he is now on".. semantics really. No worries.But I know if anyone accused me of being a junky in the flesh,or most of you for that matter, you'd be reasonably pissed.

Hmmmm, I never read his comment as anythign other than "that kava you're on right now is no good try mine". I don't think John made any reference to any other drug with what he said. He was just highlighting that different kavas have different effects and going by the vibe of this thread we are obviously not getting the good stuff :wink:. I've heard folks from Fiji and from Vanuatu talk like that before, where they attribute states of mind to different kavas, both as excuse and as accusation. I now see why you are still cross, but I think you got the wrong end of the stick.

I am curious about your comment re the 'sacred name'. This made me curious at the time of John's first relayed post too. Why did John refer to me as sharman eventhough my username is Torsten? I am sure there is a perfectly reasonable explanation, but I agree with VM that this made me think twice too. In fact it was the main reason why I didn't offer an immediate apology and had to do more research first. I am satisfied that these were all unfortunate coinkidinks though and I am sure John understands how an experience like the one this community has had with James Armitage will reflect badly on the whole industry.

eh, I wish the dude no harm, if he was on fire I'd break water restrictions haha...

I read and reread, trying to put it in the context of being entirely kava related, but I really don't think it was... eh. We don't know each other so I'm not all that fazed anymore.

See what turns up in the post I guess,

VM

I'll send you a sample from my lot if you like VM :)

Hate to see you miss out on a good thing due to a misunderstanding hehe. Specially seeing as its one of your favourite vices :wink:

Once VM has sampled your quality I'm sure he'll be your number 1 customer Klin. Truely a top bloke, just a lil sensitive about getting backdoored on his tasties hehe. She'll all be roses in the end :)

Hi5 (cringe). Parenting certainly is about sacrifice, gonna need some strong tasties to suffer through Hi5! The things we do for love :)

anyone with friends in PNG?? :lol::drool2::lol::drool2:

Edited by Conan Troutman

Gotta admit I'm iffy on trying the PNG kava due to it's lack of trad. use, though I could be wrong. Seems to me there must be a reason the PNGers left their strain alone as an inebrient, though again I could be wrong :P

Would a knowledgeable person please sound off? :lol:

Well my Klin Kava came today :lol:

Just to alleviate any concerns about Klin, he had it sent before I even payed him the money :) How nice is that!

Its nicely packaged in a vac sealed bag with a handy resealable zip lock. Looks damn tasty :lol:

Preping a sample or several now. Shall report in a hour or 2, if I can be bothered getting out of the chair hehe.

Gotta admit I'm iffy on trying the PNG kava due to it's lack of trad. use, though I could be wrong. Seems to me there must be a reason the PNGers left their strain alone as an inebrient, though again I could be wrong :P

Would a knowledgeable person please sound off? :lol:

Maybe just to much betel either that or they just couldnt get anything done, when under the influence :rolleyes: zzzzzzz

Guest Øskorei

Go Harry ! Do the bolt. Its really worth changing address for a kilo or two of free kava !

Kidding folks.

It's entirely laughable that VM has, and continues to express outright disdain, yet happily puts his hand up for an offered freebie (you know that 'no thanks' would have been more consistent). Principle's all well and good until you have something to gain by accepting favours. And you of all people I would not have thought would be a wee little pussy cat who would fearfully covet his address details, prefering to take freebies via a proxy. Bravo green V, bravo.

For the record, I read the comment as 'give up the kava you're on'. but upon review it seems not so. But for F's sake, get the hell over it, much worse has been said. To pariah him on one little line is pathetic. Just face it, you're probably only all stroppy because you yourself have considered getting in on the market, and you've got a competitor who's running a proper site and cheaper goods. Bad luck, pal, that's the free market for ya.

if i was gona import anything that has the word kava on it id get somewhere like nz to relable a packet of kratom powder as kava

Edited by Tepa

Well just had my second serve of Klin Kava and I'm feelin perdy relaxed :) See how I feel once the second serve of saw dust kicks in, decide whether a third is needed :). Dosed according to the site, 35 standard Vanuatu drinks in 500g of product. 500/35 is 14.2. So 14.2g in a glass with some milo, tap water and a bit of milk. Left to stand for 1/2 hour and then bottoms up.

Its the nicest stuff I've had so far, only sampled 3 different sources so that may not mean that much. I'm happy with its effects any way.

I like your saw dust John ol boy, takes me to a happy place where the couch is my best friend :)

Thats enough typing for me, to much effort :lol:

Well just had my second serve of Klin Kava and I'm feelin perdy relaxed :) See how I feel once the second serve of saw dust kicks in, decide whether a third is needed :). Dosed according to the site, 35 standard Vanuatu drinks in 500g of product. 500/35 is 14.2. So 14.2g in a glass with some milo, tap water and a bit of milk. Left to stand for 1/2 hour and then bottoms up.

Its the nicest stuff I've had so far, only sampled 3 different sources so that may not mean that much. I'm happy with its effects any way.

I like your saw dust John ol boy, takes me to a happy place where the couch is my best friend :)

Thats enough typing for me, to much effort :lol:

Thanks for the feed back Harry.

John

My turn :lol:

Kava extremely well packed in vacuum sealed packs with tear open seal and ziplock to boot! Excellent colouration, fine grind - no sticks 'n bark here! Extra-fresh aroma on opening, best looking kava I've seen for quite a while. To the prep...

I won't bother listing my medications as I've found there is no impact on the effects of kava :lol::lol: . No other substances were partaken of during the day/night, as always of course!

I use the cloth-and-massage technique - always have. I used to use plain muslin, but found by far it's cheaper to buy a pack of cheap-n-nasty hankies - wide enough weave and cheap :wink: . I used my usual recipe for accuracy of results:

To 1 hankie was added a rounded one third cup (halfway between level and heaped :wink: ) of Klin kava. To this was added one level teaspoon ground cinnamon. The hankie was gathered together and knotted, forming a parcel - not tight, as you need to leave room for expansion/kneading.

In one microwave rice-cooker was 1 litre tap water and one heaped teaspoon lecithin granules. I find the rice cooker just right as there's plenty of room for kneading and it catches the inevitable splashes.

The kava bundle was added and left to soak for 5 minutes. I do 4 lots of kneading for a couple of minutes each time, with a few minutes rest in-between.

The first thing I noticed was the colour of the liquid - instead of the usual muddy colour from cheaper kavas this product turned the water a lovely honey colour, but still with the usual 'head'. The aroma seemed cleaner/sharper than the usual waka too.

Kneading done I squeezed out the kava bundle, and trannsferred the now prepared kava to a jug. I keep a spoon sitting in it to stir before serving :wink: .

First glass of 4 (4 glasses/litre)... smooth come-on, a smile began flickering at my lips :lol: . Gave it 10 minutes for full effect to be felt, which was...

Really nice :lol: . Much stronger than the waka, but not a hard hitter like other Vanuatan kavas. Basically I've always equated Fijiian kava with beer in effects (not exact, but a good analogy), and Vanuatan to be bourbon and coke, but this stuff... sipping whiskey :lol: . Big grin on the dial now :lol: . Can't wait and pour the second glass...

VERY nice :lol: . Feel great but not glued to the chair either. Spot my bass as midnight oil kick in. After three songs remember to have another glass...

:lol::lol:

... smile has not left my face. Start preparing second bowl :lol: .

Can't be buggered writing any more, have to finish making the second bowl, oh so very nice...

This kava is the closest I've come to my magic mix of waka-Vanuatan-Hawaiian Black.

I suggest we use the five star rating system, substituting smilies for for stars. In my opinion, taking into account fast delivery, packaging and quality I have to award Klin Kava...

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Thanks John, you've just earned yourself a return customer! If only I could afford the instant kava, I'd love to try that one!!!

Thanks mate, there's no way you're James :lol:

:worship:

I agree with all the above comments. Great kava. My supply rocked up today and I'm also impressed - certainly unwound me after a horrible mid-year chem exam, a task that takes some damn good kava.

Klin rocks!

My turn :lol:

Kava extremely well packed in vacuum sealed packs with tear open seal and ziplock to boot! Excellent colouration, fine grind - no sticks 'n bark here! Extra-fresh aroma on opening, best looking kava I've seen for quite a while. To the prep...

I won't bother listing my medications as I've found there is no impact on the effects of kava :lol::lol: . No other substances were partaken of during the day/night, as always of course!

I use the cloth-and-massage technique - always have. I used to use plain muslin, but found by far it's cheaper to buy a pack of cheap-n-nasty hankies - wide enough weave and cheap :wink: . I used my usual recipe for accuracy of results:

To 1 hankie was added a rounded one third cup (halfway between level and heaped :wink: ) of Klin kava. To this was added one level teaspoon ground cinnamon. The hankie was gathered together and knotted, forming a parcel - not tight, as you need to leave room for expansion/kneading.

In one microwave rice-cooker was 1 litre tap water and one heaped teaspoon lecithin granules. I find the rice cooker just right as there's plenty of room for kneading and it catches the inevitable splashes.

The kava bundle was added and left to soak for 5 minutes. I do 4 lots of kneading for a couple of minutes each time, with a few minutes rest in-between.

The first thing I noticed was the colour of the liquid - instead of the usual muddy colour from cheaper kavas this product turned the water a lovely honey colour, but still with the usual 'head'. The aroma seemed cleaner/sharper than the usual waka too.

Kneading done I squeezed out the kava bundle, and trannsferred the now prepared kava to a jug. I keep a spoon sitting in it to stir before serving :wink: .

First glass of 4 (4 glasses/litre)... smooth come-on, a smile began flickering at my lips :lol: . Gave it 10 minutes for full effect to be felt, which was...

Really nice :lol: . Much stronger than the waka, but not a hard hitter like other Vanuatan kavas. Basically I've always equated Fijiian kava with beer in effects (not exact, but a good analogy), and Vanuatan to be bourbon and coke, but this stuff... sipping whiskey :lol: . Big grin on the dial now :lol: . Can't wait and pour the second glass...

VERY nice :lol: . Feel great but not glued to the chair either. Spot my bass as midnight oil kick in. After three songs remember to have another glass...

:lol::lol:

... smile has not left my face. Start preparing second bowl :lol: .

Can't be buggered writing any more, have to finish making the second bowl, oh so very nice...

This kava is the closest I've come to my magic mix of waka-Vanuatan-Hawaiian Black.

I suggest we use the five star rating system, substituting smilies for for stars. In my opinion, taking into account fast delivery, packaging and quality I have to award Klin Kava...

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Thanks John, you've just earned yourself a return customer! If only I could afford the instant kava, I'd love to try that one!!!

Thanks mate, there's no way you're James :lol:

:worship:

Thanks everyone for the vote of confidence. Unfortunately I have a little bad news. The Australian Governement are holding all permits for kava importers. This was confirmed at 10-30am thismorning in a conversation with Aqias. They are intending to investigate who is advertisng kava in Australia so the next shipment of kava will not be happenning this month as I expected. I will be bringing 8 packets (200g) five star with me to Australia this weekend, so if any one wants one of these packets let me know before I leave here so I can invoice before leaving Vanuatu.

We have to wait and see what hapens now I guess. I still have stocks left in Aussie. Don't know if they will run out before next shipment. Klin Kava .com.au will be completely shut down, deregistered . I don't know whats going to happen about the klinkava.com US based sight advertisng in Australia. Strange that if I was selling Bundy, xxxx, etc and they other additive substances I would be able to advertise. Its the contaminants added by the kava dealers/buyers/processors that bought all the hassles to the kava industry in the first place. There is nothing wrong with pure clean kava drank in moderation!

Thanks everyone for the vote of confidence. Unfortunately I have a little bad news. The Australian Governement are holding all permits for kava importers. This was confirmed at 10-30am thismorning in a conversation with Aqias. They are intending to investigate who is advertisng kava in Australia so the next shipment of kava will not be happenning this month as I expected. I will be bringing 8 packets (200g) five star with me to Australia this weekend, so if any one wants one of these packets let me know before I leave here so I can invoice before leaving Vanuatu.

We have to wait and see what hapens now I guess. I still have stocks left in Aussie. Don't know if they will run out before next shipment. Klin Kava .com.au will be completely shut down, deregistered . I don't know whats going to happen about the klinkava.com US based sight advertisng in Australia. Strange that if I was selling Bundy, xxxx, etc and they other additive substances I would be able to advertise. Its the contaminants added by the kava dealers/buyers/processors that bought all the hassles to the kava industry in the first place. There is nothing wrong with pure clean kava drank in moderation!

Fuck that really sucks mate...

Well, if the worst comes to worst, and you have to shut down all advertising, at least this community now has your contact details and can spread the good word. I have just ordered kava from you and if it is better than my regular supplier (which I'm sure it will be) then your my supplier from here on in!

Given the massive social damage that alcohol causes and its blatent advertising, this is so hypocritical of the Government who's agency!AQIS must implement nonsensical laws :devil: :devil: :devil:

Pity to hear that, it looks like you do a good deal!

Hey KlinKava, will this affect my recently placed order?

i hope not, im rather excited to try the frozen kava :drool2: and the powder :lol:

Thankyou

Edited by xshivaspacetechnologyx

Guest Øskorei

So this is a one permit per shipment system ? I was of the mind that the permits were akin to a one-off or annual licence. And how often do AQIS pull importing of kava across the board, or is this perhaps specific to a certain few importers? I dearly hope theres no dirty rats in the pond.

Anyway, all the best, after a few recent reviews (and the fact that Ive been told that my regular store may or may not be closed down), Im hoping you stick around in the market with your good quality stuff. Word of mouth here will no doubt increase your sales, as is being shown already.

Keep us all updated, eh ..

Peace,

Ø