The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
SaBReT00tH

The Future Of David Hicks

Guest Øskorei
I'm sure it was quickly associated with "oh but yknow the individual soldier isnt necessarily...."

You know what? I'm not taking the popular path and blaming the governments only. Defence employees are actively supporting a system of domination & denial of personal freedom, and blood is on the hands of each and every participant for the career choice they have made. - regardless of whether your're sharpshooter Sam or lunch-lady-Doris at the base camp mess hall. Sadly, we hear very little about the atrocities perpetrated by 'our boys', lest the civilian morale sink even further with regards to the disgusting action of participation. Remember that the 'abuse in custody' expose wasn't the directive of the US government. I wonder how much blood was spilled when Australia's covert special forces hit-squad infiltrated Afghanistan under the cover of night ? Don't tell me, only the Taliban were killed, right ? Hard to determine who's who when they're not up against 'soldiers', and the only identifier might or might not be a black cloth headwear. Hard to detect of a nighttime or from a distance.

At any rate, I give some sense of honour to ANYONES cousin bill, or ahmed, or whoever, if only for their iwllingness to act in defence of a nation

The thought of armed service personnelle acting in the interest of protecting our country is about as credible a statement as "jesus died for our sins". How EXACTLY are a comparatively ill-equipped tribal minority in the middle of central Asia (ie Afghanistan) with no money, no long range missiles and no airforce posing a threat to Australia a few thousand kilometres away ? There is absolutely no justification in soldiers being on that soil. The Taliban aren't 'terrorists' in the sense that the "T" word is being used since 2001. And civil unrest in Afghanistan has been going on for aaaaaaages beforehand. Where was Australia in protecting the human rights of the people in the past ? And while we're at it, perhaps you'd like to explain how Iraq is a threat to Australia, and where cousin Bill's defence of the nation comes into play for me as a taxpaying citizen who's living in constant fear of being not alert enough and slightly too alarmed (joke) ? Or maybe it's the very 'fabric of universal democratic freedom' that they're fighting for. Putting it that way, it almost sounds like the crusades all over again.

Hick's participation was borne from a purity within himself to follow his beleifs. The typical soldier hold only the pack mentality that they must make themselves believe that it's a personal mission for them, when in fact it's nothing more than a directive from their puppet masters.

Maybe he'll get a spot on Dancing with the Stars