The Corroboree
Torsten

If you are using TOR or a similar please read NOW.

I understand that some people feel the need for total anonymity, but this has also been widely abused. It is not possible for a moderator to know if a problem member is a new member or a reincarnation of an old banned member. So, a banned member can sign up again and again and get afforded the 4 warning levels with each new username. A lot of damage can be done to the community in that time.

So, if you want to use anonymous IPs then you will no longer be afforded the 4 level warning system, but rather you will be booted at the first whiff of trouble.

Not many users feel the need to use anonymous IPs, so this barely affects anyone.

This new rule was made neccessary by the ongoing attempts of member sobriquet to enter this community and to destroy it from the inside via many different users. By using several usernames at the same time he has managed to lend himself 'public' support and draw other people into actually supporting him too [it's easy to jump on a bandwagon if there are already 5 'people' on it]. Similarly he has used alter egos to attack anyone who dared to criticise his main identity. He has been playing these games for many months both on SAB and AE while hiding behind TOR. This new rule will make it easier to keep him out.

hehe the dominatrix sides been comming out alot latly hey torsten ;) punish sobrique, that naughty naughty boy

By using several usernames at the same time he has managed to lend himself 'public' support and draw other people into actually supporting him too

Who else is he? Was he Onemind?

:drool2:

Who else is he? Was he Onemind?

No, from what I can gather onemind was a separate troll.

sobriquet was also homogenius.

I'm all for a spot of cleansing now n then, and try not to make anyone feel self conscious for doing the best they can with the resources available to them.

rubbish belongs in a bin somewhere, if it can't be converted to something useful.

GD

You should start issuing little stickers for our mailboxes "Neighbourhood Watch" style, apparently that works in the real world to keep low-lifes out of communities?

NHW.jpg

Peace

You should start issuing little stickers for our mailboxes "Neighbourhood Watch" style, apparently that works in the real world to keep low-lifes out of communities?

LOL. Neighbourhood Watch used to work really well in my community out the back of Taree. As soon as a cop car headed down the access dirt road of the neighbouring valley, the rest of my valley was warned :lol:. Quite often they were the most crucial 10 minutes in people's lives.

• Like 5

LOL. Neighbourhood Watch used to work really well in my community out the back of Taree. As soon as a cop car headed down the access dirt road of the neighbouring valley, the rest of my valley was warned biggrin.gif. Quite often they were the most crucial 10 minutes in people's lives.

Now that's a Neighbourhood Watch program I could see myself getting into!

:lol:

also as a note to those who do use TOR, keep in mind that the nodes you are running threw could have anyone on the other end "middle manning" your data packets and stealing all your vital info, never you credit cards, paypal, or anything you care about via TOR, its a haven for stealing data.

For credit card use, get one with a limit that has a value you don't mind losing too dearly. If it gets ripped off, there's not going to be a gaping hole in your pocket, and you can cancel it straight away.

The whole point of TOR is that it's a haven for stealing data. Just not meant to be our data...

sdfssdf

Edited by Teljkon

It's the bank's responsibility to refund you the money if anyone steals from you using the credit card they provided. There may be limitations to this if you go around giving your credit card number to random Nigerian scammers, but most banks will refund you the money no questions asked if it doesn't fit in with your usual spending habits, so it's probably irrelevant how they got your details. My girlfriend's credit card had charges for hotels and pakistani restaurants in London on the bill. She freaked out when it happened as a fair bit of money had been spent, but when she called the bank, they refunded the money almost immediately and gave her a new card. We have no idea how they got the CC details.

Better yet, use one of those Woolworths pre-paid Mastercards. They cost $3 and you can put any amount on them, up to $1000. No extra card charges or anything from there either. But i suppose if your using TOR your probably the skeptical type and probably aren't doing much shopping online anyway.

what motivates people like sobriquet to do something like this?

being annoying and having a laugh at other people's expense usually (I think). People like that are usually just selfish, childish assholes with no life

they must seriously have no life to devote so much time into something so inane

WTF!!

trolls aren't ever the problem.

It's the reactions of those who could know better, that destroys a community image.

Rather i'd prefer everyone on these forums used programs like TOR,

or better that we didn't have to because the forum, or isp, or some or other add-on

made it impossible to trace.

Trolls just die without attention. They can be some of the best growth stimulants ever!

Also, I think trolls work like women often do with their men- they shit test for incongurencies, in the yang/solid/hot/emptiness of the polarity. Trolls are lookn for the rule.. and weedin out inconsitencies.

Really, its the blamers n the haters that need to be stricken from any good community. They nail their own coffins. Trolls usually just make it all more aparent. God bless 'em.

Edited by mud
  • Like 1

WTF!!

trolls aren't ever the problem.

It's the reactions of those who could know better, that destroys a community image.

Rather i'd prefer everyone on these forums used programs like TOR,

or better that we didn't have to because the forum, or isp, or some or other add-on

made it impossible to trace.

Trolls just die without attention. They can be some of the best growth stimulants ever!

Also, I think trolls work like women often do with their men- they shit test for incongurencies, in the yang/solid/hot/emptiness of the polarity. Trolls are lookn for the rule.. and weedin out inconsitencies.

Really, its the blamers n the haters that need to be stricken from any good community. They nail their own coffins. Trolls usually just make it all more aparent. God bless 'em.

troll post? :P

troll post? :P

Lets see :P

Not

but its good bait, yeh?