The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
philistine

is it? YES, its another cacti ID qeustion...

Question

Hey all,

Ok, straight to the point, who knows what the f*** this is? :scratchhead:

Very cool looking little diddy taken of a much larger specimen (with no label of course!) Is it some kind of Euphorbia? A lot of white sap leaked out when I freed him from his conjoined twin :P

med_gallery_783_3_96360.jpg

med_gallery_783_3_75100.jpg

Edited by philistine

5 answers to this question

sap would suggest euphorbia... be careful of that stuff. i hear it burns, especially eyes

Edited by shroomytoonos

Definately a euphob, sorry, no further ID atm :( The white latex is always a giveaway, but you learn to pick the general IDs after a while :)

Euphobia grandicornis, the Cow's Horn Euphorbia. And definitely look out for the latex! It is very nasty. Can put you in the hospital if you get it in your eyes.

Eeeeeehhy, thank you! :lol:

Now I can sleep again.... no wait... hang on..............

OH MY GOD WHY HAVE THEY CHANGED THE LABEL ON MY FAVOURITE FLAVOURED MILK?????!!?! :blink::wacko::uzi:

Regarding Euphorbia sap, I've heard of one species where it's particularly toxic but no others. I've worked with Euphorbias a fair bit, and the most annoying thing about the sap is how damn sticky it gets. you get a bit of sap on your hands, then some soil and they'll be black for the rest of the day.

I have heard though that repeated sontact with the sap, working with them for several years, can make you more sensitive to it.

I did hear one amusing story once of someone propogating Euphorbias all day then without thinking went to the toilet without washing his hands, lead to quite a rash and a fair bit of pain i was told.