Coschi

Amanitas

Hello :)

These are big fat guys

img0201la3.jpg

img0198gx5.jpg

img0205ji9.jpg

Hmm how to dry such a chubby mushy?

Perhaps slice it up into thin slices and dry?

not that i'd be considering any kind of preparation of these.. but

i've seen two main ways, oven dry to convert ibotenic acid to muscimol

or air dry, grind, and then boil and make a tea out of it (again heating to convert badies to goodies)

Has anyone had any experience with these guys?

Diameters of those in the pic are about 2", 2.5", and 4" respectively

would that be too much to dose for a single person?

very nice photos! I would love to find me some amintas and try them one day, quite jealous!

good work!!

I dont know the answer to any of your questions though. sorry!

You're in melbourne!

There certainly are spots around my friend!

I know someone who had a heap of these.... They just whacked them in the grill and had them on toast. Wouldn't reccomend it really, they didn't seem to have to great a time, though the nausea wasn't a problem

slice em up, dry in oven at bout 80c with wooden spoon to hold door ajar, also put a pan underneath to collect any juices and spoon them back over the top..

5g dry to start, 10 grams will probably be more the mark...should only try this where they are legal of course...or you mite get into some trouble..

they are supposed to taste quite pleasant

I was under the impression that these were actually legal to consume? - only the psilocybin containing fungi are illegal AFAIK. Can anyone clear this up?

peal off the skin, its said to be indigestible. avoid breathing the spores as they are said to have negative effects. atleast 45 mins heat @ 80-120 for total converstion, id heat dry they then brew a tea just to be sure conversion has been compleat

A couple of years ago a mate had find of these fellas, about the quantity you have there. He heated them in the oven a couple of times to achieve said convsersion and later consumed them in a soup made with some water, stock and vegies. He found the taste unpleasant, but not as bad as he found the psilocybe taste.

The effects were non-existant. Eventually he gave up and went out for a late night Chinese dinner with the missus. That night in bed he had incredibly bizzarre and vivd dreams - something about his brother and him piloting a jumbo jet which was towing a series of skyscrapers across the sky! He said he slept really deeply and soundly but I awoke very early and feeling NQR.

For the next few days he felt ill and had severe diahorrea, which sparked off awful paranoia that he might have done something nasty to my liver. He soon recovered and the paranoia subsided with it. Since then he has steered clear of them, depsite making many exciting finds here and there.

They are indeed a sight to behold and have a very interesting historical relationship with humans. Recent reading has led me to believe that where they have a strong history of shamanic usage (predominantly European), they have a distinctly different chemical make up than the same species growing in other parts of the world, and hence a vastly different psychoactive effect from place to place.

Edited by ayjay101

Nice pics and pretty shrooms.

I think they are technically legal but their also ment to be poisonous, or at least more poisonous\dangerous then their illigal psilocybin counterparts.

Not 100% sure about the consuming rule tho.

(they ban the stuff that makes ya happy, not dead :( )

Bastards

For the next few days I felt ill and had severe diahorrea, which sparked off awful paranoia that I might have done something nasty to my liver. I soon recovered and the paranoia subsided with it. Since then I have steered clear of them

Thats enough reasons for anyone I know to avoid em :P I'd do the same, Sphinx :wink:

Muscimol is S9 of the SUSDP which makes it a scheduled drug in all states. This includes any material that contains muscimol.

A quote from Torsten - in that case, please ignore my silly ramblings above. Steer clear of this one lads - yet another illegal natural substance that will turn you into a tool of the devil...

Edited by Ace

There are heaps of them at emerald lake park on the grass near the entrace gate

Nice find Sphinx!

They have to be one of the most pretty looking mushroom species :drool2:

Thanks for posting :)

My pleasure! They are pretty incredible looking :)

i love finding flys they are really cool mushrooms, good to see the photos there.

might have to go for a look this weekend.

gerbil what you up to mate? we should do a melbounre meet at the gardens and have alook around there in a few weeks time?

not jsut for flys and subs but for whatever else is around, would be nice to meet up regardless of fungi.

Edited by hebrew

yeah they're not brilliant... no psil-iness should be expected.

definately dream makers and slow you down a hell of a lot... i think larger amounts would need to be consumed based on my experience or apparently raw for visuals/otherworldliness, but this is not very safe i believe.

i have heard of someone 'tripping' for a week on them, but this was in the 70's when everything was soooo much better and stronger etc.... :rolleyes:

they taste ok, moorish, very salty like msg'd meat/chips.

i advise aloe vera capsules (vegie caps of course) to help with nausea before ingesting them...

muscimol is scheduled, but i think many ppl of varying ethnicity (like it matters) eat flys for gastronomic purposes only... others are convinced it will kill u/make u mad...

so i don't think being in possession of them is punishable, but if u make like yr going to ingest them you may be hounded...

safe journey!

:wink:

x peace

The Fly Agaric is not always a fun mushroom to experiment with, apparently.

It can do something different to you every time you take it from making you violently ill, pump you up, slow you down or just a very mild dazed feeling.

You can hallucinate of these things a mate of mine once watched a movie on a switched off T.V for what seemed hours, he didn’t even know he was hallucinating until he got up and saw the T.V was off.

I should probably point out that this was done with a large ( and probably dangerous ) amount of fly agarics and the same effect has never been achieved again, so personally I think people should stay away from this one. Unless your looking for more than just a cheap buzz :wink:

This guy certainly digs his amanita tonic!

Certainly worth a try, where legal

that tonic article reminds me of a mate from the old country who used to always make big batches of chunky cube soup and chunky cube pasta sauce :) he loved itand ate a few servings nearly every day in the season.. actually was quite tastey aswell

Edited by xshivaspacetechnologyx

hasn't there been a a lot of discussion about A. muscaria from northern europe being much more.....friendly than fly's from other parts of the world or something?

something like the elements in the soil in northern europe are just right for good muscimol production & less other crap or something & soils in oz, usa etc have too many other elements in them which makes them produce a heap of undesirable substances.

i've definately read that somewhere. probably just speculation but from the many other things i've read people who ingest fly's from Finland, siberia etc have a much higher percentage of positive & strongly entheogenic experiences.

are the effects less intense and much safer if smoked?

smoking them is probably the best way, mild clear buzz and more consistent... I think.

I should say apparantly you can get muscle spasms from smoking these things, very odd.

Edited by jabez