The Corroboree
Coschi

MELBOURNE FINDS !!!!

chemicals in the lemon juice (most likely ascorbic acid) stop the oxidation of psilocin/psilocybin... if lemon juice is not added to a tea you will usually end up with a blue liquid (looks like pen ink has been added) and this suggests that some of the goodies have been lost....

I have read that to get the best visuals it is best to eat the mushroom fresh (still wet).

I have read that to get the best visuals it is best to eat the mushroom fresh (still wet).

it's more to do with potency per fruit as they each can have varying amounts of psilo in em so....eat 5 fresh fruits that are low in psilo or make a tea from 5 that have more psilo in them...they vary so much per fruit what you are saying just doesn't swing...i remember being given 2 grams of tiny cubes mainly aborts and pins and gulped them with lemon juice in a tea and didn't expect anything much but they kicked my head in big time...but one thing to consider with eating fresh fruits is you have the fruit in it's pristine state there there won't be any loss as it's totally fresh.

H.

it's more to do with potency per fruit as they each can have varying amounts of psilo in em so....eat 5 fresh fruits that are low in psilo or make a tea from 5 that have more psilo in them...they vary so much per fruit what you are saying just doesn't swing...i remember being given 2 grams of tiny cubes mainly aborts and pins and gulped them with lemon juice in a tea and didn't expect anything much but they kicked my head in big time...but one thing to consider with eating fresh fruits is you have the fruit in it's pristine state there there won't be any loss as it's totally fresh.

H.

Read it on Erowid in the Australian mushroom section. I guess it can be different with different people too. The guy states to get the most visual experience is to eat the mushrooms fresh not in tea.

mushrooms contain psilocin and psilocybin... psilocybin is just the phosphorylated version of psilocin, which makes it much more stable...

as psilocin is less stable it usually breaks down to inactive products with time... especially with drying... therefore dry fruit contain less actives than 'pristine' fresh ones...

also as psilocybin is phosphorlyated the body takes time to cleave the phosphate group... adding to the time it takes for 'digestion'...

i believe this is why fresh usually kick in quicker than dry...

Got busted today with about 100g wet subs in NE melbs by a park ranger, said he could fine me $5000 for taking wildlife out of the park but heended up just taking the bag off me.

i was angry at first but i guess i got off lightly. He was actually a ninja though snuck up on 3 of us!

Lucky boy...!!

Yes it could have been worse if he called the fuzz.

Well at least the park Ranger will have fun tonight with his bug of subbly goodness... :P

I knew the ranger where we used to hunt - although we rarely hunted bush as the best spots were landscape gardens in NE Melb - and he didnt care ashe considered (probably incorrectly) that subs were an introduced species.

I now live inner city and im sick of school kids raiding all the local patches and leaving nothing - even the aurantiaca which worries me and destroying the patch...

lookws like my luck has turned around today!

observed... 1//6 of my body weight in wet subs today :D :D :D :D :D

its the most ive ever seen... in one location!

we where definitely a lot more covert this time, we had escape routes and sign language and everything going!!! :D :D :D

im sooo happy today :D :D: :D

your locations have been super good to me baph!

i wish i could share this one but i was sworn to secrecy by my compadre's

-Aspendale gardens-

Housing estate mulch subs, found today beside a path behind a friends house. LOL

post-3632-1244901352_thumb.jpgpost-3632-1244901425_thumb.jpg

post-3632-1244901502_thumb.jpgpost-3632-1244901631_thumb.jpg

post-3632-1244901703_thumb.jpgpost-3632-1244901780_thumb.jpg

post-3632-1244901352_thumb.jpg

post-3632-1244901425_thumb.jpg

post-3632-1244901502_thumb.jpg

post-3632-1244901631_thumb.jpg

post-3632-1244901703_thumb.jpg

post-3632-1244901780_thumb.jpg

post-3632-1244901352_thumb.jpg

post-3632-1244901425_thumb.jpg

post-3632-1244901502_thumb.jpg

post-3632-1244901631_thumb.jpg

post-3632-1244901703_thumb.jpg

post-3632-1244901780_thumb.jpg

Excellent pics of some dried ones there too...that pale tan colour...be good to use those pics in a Sub id thread to show the variation in colour due to weather...you could see a whole patch colour and not realise they where subs.

H.

Went for a walk through the pine forests of Gippsland today and all I have to say is, HOLY SHIT.

Wish my camera wasn't dead so I didn't have to use this damn phone cam..

260fsz5.jpg

256u6j6.jpg

243qpth.jpg

^^^ for a phone it still takes a nice photo though!! my pics were taken on a phone as well.

Nice pine cone sub too, :)

243qpth.jpg

How cute.

It almost looks like two parents looking down at their baby taking its first steps :wub:

Edited by kenny

Love the pine cone shot, that's awesome.

Where there many other species amongst the pines?

^ Nah surprisingly subaeuruginosa was almost the only species in that whole area of the forest. For every 200 subs I probably saw one other species, if that.

^^^ for a phone it still takes a nice photo though!! my pics were taken on a phone as well.

I'm coming from using a high quality DSLR so I really feel the difference!

What a sweet shot for a phone! Ive always wanted to find a cone shroom,Nice! B)

Yeah cheers, I thought that was cool too :)

Good Work alkatrope, Thats the first time I have seen a sub growing from a pine cone!

Nice Find B)

Edited by DreamingNagual