The Corroboree
Coschi

MELBOURNE FINDS !!!!

Has anyone else ever heard that the first full moon in may is the start of the season? Anyways.. that's today, it was the best day for me last year but it was much later in the month and there was a little more rain (I went the morning after the full moon.. which would be tomorrow). The same can be said for other years but perhaps it's just coincidence/superstition?

Edited by baphomet

http://www.seabreeze.com.au/graphs/vic.asp

Tommorrow or Monday, it seems the biggest tide fluctuation will be tommorrow begining at about 3.30am ( i dunno why i mentioned that)

In years past i would have to agree baph, but the reality is IMO the temperature and soil moisture have a bigger influence on the start of the season.

Its a bit wet outside at the moment, tommorow i will go looking (hopefully locally) if this drizzle keeps up for a bit more.

Edited by Mr G House aka shameless

i'd loosely lay it in the coincidence basket baphomet however that's not to say it won't have an influence, it's all an environmental system after all.

the season starts in mid/late march in melbourne generally however it's still dependent on environmental conditions.

ne melb, still very dry soils out there.

gallery_239_4_23966.jpg

very nice pic gerbil, i have not even been out to look yet

very keen to as i need a nice pic for this year EGA pre-flyer

so look out for it

B)

ok and i also just wont to get a good small of the subs :)

ohhh such a nice feeling seeing your first sub for the season

:drool2:

I've seen dribs and drabs of them just around my uni campus (none in quite as good condition as gerbil's pic), but haven't bothered to look further because I don't expect there to be much out there...that and I'm quite busy.

cheers :)

even though it's still dry as, found a very large patch with huge specimens in it yesterday of all ages so it's been up for a while there, those type of meaty monsters that Dreaming Nag. posted photos of. Pity herbicide was being used in the location, surprising what they can do with such little moisture.

went for a walk in the forest today, didnt see any subs sadly but took a few shots thought i would share

daylesford0012.jpg

daylesford0013.jpg

daylesford0015.jpg

daylesford0014.jpg

daylesford0016.jpg

You guys look like you are getting some wet weather lately....judging by the Norma photos and these ones...subs should be popping up around if it's been wet yet huh....we're finding em and it hasn't rained for yonks....great pics though...gotta love super macro for Fungus photos.

H.

Great pictures velvetsiren, My favs are the second and the last pic!

Thankyou for sharing with us B)

Edited by DreamingNagual

ahh yeah no worries, still not many subs around not where i been looking anyway

glad you liked the photos jsut thought i would share as i was loading up photos yesterday, look forward to getting bakc into the forest one day in the future

I will add one, since in the same boat as VS

post-861-1242635976_thumb.jpg

Shiny.

IMG_1196.JPG

IMG_1196.JPG

nice one apoth, did you get many photos of thos brown fuckers that look so much like subs?

I am off for a walk in the hills tomorrow, still has not been much rain, but i need to get some air B)

hope you take your camera ronny you always take such great photos good luck, its still so dry at the moment its heartbreaking,

get out there and find em VS, is dry as hell up here atm but certain areas have RIDICULOUS amounts of subz fruiting considering the tiny amount of rain we have had.

I think you lads should do a day trip to the island ;)

man we are on the case, the island? not sure i get what you mean man.

if any helpful little gnomes want to PM me about rough areas of the island where i could photograph some subs id be a very happy man :)

hope you take your camera ronny you always take such great photos good luck, its still so dry at the moment its heartbreaking,

3544635371_a87db15c5f_o.jpg

hahahaha, yep to dry, but there are werewolf out at night and i think they eat Subs :P

Damn Ronny you are a freak with a camera...so creative and your shots always portray some sort of emotion....simply brilliant.

H.

good one ronny looking great that photo is