The Corroboree
Coschi

MELBOURNE FINDS !!!!

$200 for the man that finds an active species growing in dung this year...

Haha, too easy BM :P

Which would you prefer? roo, wallaby, wombat or cow shit?

ya mate you should define speices as well cause those first ones on new paper are cubeies and perfer shyte to wood B)

Id love to find an active growing out of fatso' shit..do they exist???

Passive?

The thing I have noticed about hunting right though the suburbs and the bush (mostly east) is they grow differently depending on there environment firstly when I head out say about 200km east of Melbourne I find subs that barely even stain blue then the closer I get to Melbourne the more noticeable the blue stain gets to the point of where the whole mushroom will easierly stain ink blue. I can even go to a suburban park and know that I'm going to find some little subs that have patches of up to 100 then I can go to another park a few suburbs over and know that I'm going to find some big chucky subs that grow in patches of up to say 20 and these are growing in the same kind of mulch garden beds :huh:

I've found them in the eastern suburbs growing blue!

When I saw this thread was active: I was thinkin' OMFG it's too early! I totally expected to see that someone had posted luscious pics of their monster early bird find. :drool2:

I'd say might even be possible with the cold snap and deluge we had last week.

Someone has found some already in Canberra - and quite a decent haul at that...

nah just assume they will anyway

Can anyone tell me how long i can expect to wait before a sub will show its blue-bruising? is it a matter of seconds/minutes/hours?

Edit: It just started raining in my area :D

Edited by divinersage

seconds

you thought wrong. :)

I know they look like subs, and I've seen the pictures that have been posted of roo dung subs, but I'm just curious if there has been any serious taxonomic investigation of them to determine whether they are in fact the same species.

I got BM to check out a few specimens a coupla seasons back Ballzac. There were some interesting and unidentifiable specimens but also regular ol subs growing from cow/roo/wallaby dung as well. Hopefully this season i can get a few more samples to look at as there is definitely more than just subs out there in tha poo imo.

Been scouting in green areas today for our little friends. Nothing yet, i think too early for inner city action.

Question for melbournians: i live near the Yarra (in town), so am going to be searching around there.. not much poo around, so am i wasting my time? dont have a car yet as new to melbourne.

Been scouting in green areas today for our little friends. Nothing yet, i think too early for inner city action.

Question for melbournians: i live near the Yarra (in town), so am going to be searching around there.. not much poo around, so am i wasting my time? dont have a car yet as new to melbourne.

Good question soundman, im wondering the same thing too. I moved down here last year but never had to opportunity to go for a hunt.. This year's a different matter though! I would love to know if people have had much success in inner melb, or surrounding subs such as carlton, pascoe vale etc. Any feedback would be great (no specifics of course ;). Obviously cow pats or horse etc are not necessary, so its more a question of eucalypt patches.

*siiiiiiiiiiigh*

If you're in MELBOURNE, look for WOODCHIPS or woodchip-like areas.

there, nuff fuckin said

*siiiiiiiiiiigh*

If you're in MELBOURNE, look for WOODCHIPS or woodchip-like areas.

there, nuff fuckin said

Sorry to upset you your highness.

Obviously being such an experienced master you would realise that the number of posts on corroboree does not equal hunting experience. People are often not just asking about whether its possible to find them here, so much as asking if people have had much luck in certain areas purely out of interest. As such not everyone who posts infrequently is ignorant to the growing conditions of our little friends. MELBOURNE + WOODCHIPS does not equal guaranteed success; eltham for example is a great area to hunt as the conditions are perfect, the CBD on the other hand is far less perfect.

If you dont want to answer, then dont. If you have a desire to, then dont try to make others feel shit about thier questions, its immature.

wow, you really read alot into that one crix, 2 stars for creativity.

all i was pointing out, which is pretty '101' as far as looking for mushies in melb goes, is that if you want to find active woodloving fungi, then FIND SOME WOOD. and i aint gonna give out guaranteed-success locations either, now wouldnt that be stupid.

your highness is weary and so must retire to his bed of woodchips and sub-gorging virgins

Have to agree with Crix, no need for grief, if the question is too '101' then dont bother answering it mate.

probably a stupid question but do subs dislike coastal areas? i live in SE melbs next to the beach and im wondering if subs will still grow locally?

If one was too eat a heap of grass and a Cubie !!!

Would they grow on human shit

would ya be able to come back and find cubies next year

I reckon north east melb for melb hunters, (in the ground right- in the hand wrong)

PM me for a melways reference if ya want people!!!

I see spotting shrooms like birdwatching locations can be kept secret or given out

Have a pleasant evening every one ;)