The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Siggor

accelerated learning

i am about to take on accelerated learning, based on a series of mental exercises to increase function of the brain/mind, has anybody ever tried and keep to the regime of the courses that are available?

i have a paul scheele one and is quite interesting, am trying a few things from it now, but where to start with neuroscience? any good reading recommendations besides wiki.

memory techniques are effective... not sure if that is what u r after though

Are you looking to generally sharpen your mind or want to learn something specific and quickly like a foreign language, so you can ask that hot spanish girl on your street out? You'll probably think Im some crazy assed nerd for saying this but if your after sharpening your mind, try pulling out your old maths or physics text books and start doing some of the more complex excercises again. Your mind will be sharp, strong (and likely bored) within minutes, all for free!

Also go to bed early, sleep helps your mind focus a lot. :lol:

yeah memory teks would be good, at the start of the course is image streaming, what it consists of is creating an image, and sya out aloud what you see and experience in that image and get down to the finer details for lengther times.

its about recognising the stuff that the working conscious mind does not receive.

dont get me started on the old maths books!!!! i have to do a numeracy and literacy test shortly. and realised that i hadnt done maths on paper for at least 10 years....

Read books with really complex ideas and struggle with them until you begin to understand what they are trying to say, then pick holes in their arguments... give your critical faculties a workout. Also play chess with your mind engaged.

I always wanted to do speed reading and was pretty crestfallen to discover there wasn't much to it... ie, those who are really fast generally don't maintain comprehension very well at all. Memory improvement techniques seem to work well though.

Anyway I don't think you asked for general advice, so I'll shut my hole now.

ok people have a program for all those people that would like to participate in it.

its in 3 parts

Improve Your Memory with a unique, new approach using “The Birkenbihl Method†and “Paraliminal Learningâ€! Vera F. Birkenbihl is a fearless memory and learning expert who has taught over 300,000 students. On top of that, her best selling books have sold over 2,000,000 copies! Unlike her peers who go on teaching the same old program for decades, Mrs. Birkenbihl constantly keeps abreast of the latest brain research, which means her memory approach is different from any other. When you understand how your memory works, and when you use simple brain-friendly techniques, you can vastly improve your memory to the point you will never doubt your memory again! Use Mrs. Birkenbihl’s course, and you will find yourself remembering: Names and faces, Facts, figures, and telephone numbers, Everyday items such as where you put the car keys, to-do lists, and instructions, Text or scripture, Jokes and stories, Vocabulary, Speeches, lectures, and presentations, Events from your past… You will not necessarily memorize the information. Instead you will be using your brain in a way that makes it easier to remember. Plus, you will significantly reduce the chance of drawing a blank at a meeting or in front of your boss, you will be able to perform under stress! Training on 9 Audio CDs.

part 1 100mb

part 2 100mb

part 3 33.92 mb

pass: fxfxfxf

thanks to kanzaman at puzo.org

Edited by spudamore

No opinion on accelerated learning but just want to state.

Exercise I believe is the only thing which has been proven to grow new brain cells in developed adults.

No opinion on accelerated learning but just want to state.

Exercise I believe is the only thing which has been proven to grow new brain cells in developed adults.

physical exercise?

physical exercise?

Yes physical exercise.

Have heard this mentioned a few times on ABC news radio and I think also a new scientist podcast.

The first time I heard it it made sense from the perspective that for instance. I cycle for exercise most days.

The first time I rode my road bike, it was quiet twicthy and unstable compared to previous bikes I had riden. But these days it feels very smooth and today I had to lock up the back wheel and slide for a few metres to avoid hitting a car which stopped suddendly. At no time during this did I feel in danger of falling.

So I figure the part of my brain which is responsible for balance has grown due to all the new demands placed upon it.

But that is not the proposed mechanism. It supposedly has to do with the fact that exercise increases the blood flow to the brain.

Spud,

Looked into this a little previously. Not sure if it fits into the 'accelerated' portion but in terms of retention........Baroque music has been proven to change brainwaves such that you are relaxed but aware and can thus absorb and remember alot more than if you had not been listening.

Baroque does not automatically mean classical though, it refers more to the speed or frequency of beat ie. 4/4 time 5/8....I can't remember off hand but I know MC Hammers, Can't touch this actually falls into the baroque catagory.....hahahaha.

Spud, are those files lectures?

its a audio home course for people to do, it was certain exercises and such to increase memory.