The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Conan Troutman

Carrier plant

Need some recommendations on a nice smooth plant as a 'carrier' for xtracts smoked thru water pipe.

My first ideas went along the lines of withania, damiana and calea...

Any exp with such things would be appreciated...

Damiana for sure. No real effects to it - pleasant smell, nice smoke. LEGAL. What more could you want? :P Its pretty easy to come by too - and fairly cheap.

damians ime is rough as guts

wormwood is smoother but still rough

try mint or cal poppy

Sage leaves aren't bad at all, dried but not overdry. Passionflower isn't bad either. How about using some of the herb the xtract is from?Read something about whacked out trippers in NYC smoking DPT off dried raspberry leaves.

a mentha sp could be an interesting accompaniment

xtract from the herb isnt really an option as the xtract is cleaned to remove the overall harshness of final product so in my thinking it makes the cleaning worthless to a degree..

i find a small amount of brug flower in the mix can make just about anything go down real smooth, may alter the effects depending on your extract though.

i find a small amount of brug flower in the mix can make just about anything go down real smooth, may alter the effects depending on your extract though.

i imagine it could

aeriously though ' people should try their mixers on their own

and judge for quality

i uphold ergot alkaloid ala convovulaceae, cal poppy. mint and wormwood - easy and pleasant

tried them? have a critical admixture to add?

Edited by Rev

Cali poppy that's what I was trying to remember, nice thick sweet smoke, fairly clean tasting.tried a few mints, seemed to either just taste green or tasted (wait for it!) fairly minty, and I cannot handle menthol cigs :d

Brugs can make a nice touch and are great when your tired old lungs aren't as clear as they used to be, haha. But watch those little amounts here n there, overtime they add up and the stuff has a cumulative toxicity. Toxic psychosis isn't fun.And in the meantime you can be just a lil off centre and not know it.

Plenty of people I know put extracts and concentrates onto a bit of the original plant matter, to get some kind of character back into the experience without having to smoke all that excess herbage, whilst retaining the added potency they were after to start with. And just as a burning base.

mental note...never offer hash oil spotted cones to the Troutman :P

smoke n smile

GD

LOL, thanks for the replys,

I really wanted to make the smoothest mix possible, not a big deal for me :bong:, guess I just like to keep the ppl happy...

I will try out few dif ones when I get bored...

p.s> bring it on greendrams B)

Try Catnip, Damiana & dagga foliage (by pref not L. nep., as can cause agitation and 'walkies'), ratio 2:1:1 :wink:

Try Catnip, Damiana & dagga foliage (by pref not L. nep., as can cause agitation and 'walkies'), ratio 2:1:1 :wink:

I think we a have weener...Catnip why didnt i think of that..

might aswell keep it in the family...

There's many things one may smoke. Depends on what your after. I find gotu cola to be just the ticket for something very smooth and neutral in taste.

There's many things one may smoke. Depends on what your after. I find gotu cola to be just the ticket for something very smooth and neutral in taste.

as above Im after a carrier herb for plant xtracts, particularly those performed with acetone...

Catnip looks good so far, smooth smoke, easy to burn and not unpleasant taste and I have plenty of it...

Im guessing someone has tried parsely?How bout coltsfoot or horehound?? anyone tried?

Mycot you smoke centella?

as above Im after a carrier herb for plant xtracts, particularly those performed with acetone...

Catnip looks good so far, smooth smoke, easy to burn and not unpleasant taste and I have plenty of it...

Im guessing someone has tried parsely?How bout coltsfoot or horehound?? anyone tried?

Mycot you smoke centella?

*edit* coltsfoot is expectorant so maybe not...

Conan, I find a nice one to be Mugwort or Damiana :) Beeeautiful, plus Mugwort is magic as F*ck so you can ride on the dreamlike powers as you smoke. The smoke feels quite magical in your lungs too! Very nice, smooth and tasty.

If you're growing your mugwort plant, put it in the ground and it'll grow into a forest of pure smokers/dreamers delight :D

Edited by SaBReT00tH

Horehound can cause a bit of damage apparently, used to be used in a lot of cough mix recipes but something to do with liver packing up bla bla, dunno have to dig out the book I saw it in. Damiana is one of those things, seems to get great raps from some and nothing but weezing from others, mugwort the same. I don't like those little hairs on mugwort sometimes, but I guess an xtract dropped onto them might have a lil more air around it to burn with. Watch it though as quite a few plants get called mugwort, none of em particularly lethal from what I can suss out but worth bearing in mind in terms of consistency.Damiana , mugwort, catnip, all do jack for me. Catnip does jack for most cats too, they really want cat thyme. Parsley is nice and sweet if picked dried n smoked fresh-ish. maybe fennel rolled into little loose balls and then dried so its preshaped to drop goo onto, all those nice little frondy bits to sizzle away...might work , while we're raiding the spice rack!

hmmmm...mugwort sounds interesting, have never tried it and have only just germed seed...so might have to rely on one of

you crew for a some...

I have only smoked catnip with tobacco seems to some synergy there...

also I hear cats are suckers for good valerian, catnip only seems to work on small number of pussys...

mugworts isnt bad... and also makes a nice tea for dreaming... a word of warning if rolling it.. dont chop to much, or rolls way to tight.

catnip only seems to work on small number of pussys...

my housemates fed their kitten some catnip & he munched the whole plant, went skitz & then greened out and wouldn't move, looking sick all afternoon. i guess it worked for him. what does it do to people? never been inclined to try it.

my vote aswell for leonorus nepeatifolia, wild dagga, as it's a very mild but still a bit aromatic smoke.

if you store this material for a while it will cure nicely and cause you no irritation whats o ever.

i used to have a bad bronchitis and everything made me cough my gut's out, but not the dagga.

giving up tabacco and cannabis, i used to smoke sometimes up to 15 dagga joints a day, however stopping smoking dagga was very easy as it doesn't hook you in a physical sence.

the good thing is that dagga is available in abundance, either by wild harveresting, or by asking around your ethno friends, as many of us grow it, but hardly use it, as it's only a very mild relaxing herb, and most people are into stronger stuff.

it always pays off to grow your own dagga as it easely selfseeds itselfe, so it's a no fuzz grower.

but it has the potential to become a rampant weed, so watch out.

Yes I smoke Centella when I'm looking for a cut that is smooth smoking, very little taste, and little psychoactive effect(slightly stimulant). Herbs generally speaking will contribute their own psychoactive effects even in small amounts which is why I say depends what your after.

"Try Catnip, Damiana & dagga foliage (by pref not L. nep., as can cause agitation and 'walkies'), ratio 2:1:1"

what is "walkies" i personally D. nep is a pleasant smoke. i get no effect, but it is smooth and tastes good (to me).