The Corroboree
Torsten

Trout's Notes on San Pedro [Sacred Cacti 3rd edition] IN STOCK NOW.

The b&w is a big turnoff for me, although I do understand the costs that have to be considered. Will definitely spring if a color version is on the cards... and I would take hard copy over a CD anytime.

Edited by trucha

Wonderful book, as are the rest of trouts notes i've had the pleasure of reading. Highly appreciate your work trout, it looks to be a massive effort you've (and friends) put in, and again as with your other texts too.

It's a mind boggling field, and my head is spinning from having a look through the text and photos, just when I think i've grasped some key ID features for a species-oid, another one comes up and skews the previous thoughts, but it pays to keep at it, eventually things fall into place.

Thanks for making so much compiled information available. :worship:

Huge thanks Torsten, I feel bad for not supporting sab and trout, but the damaged stock made it possible to get a copy of this invaluable resource which I otherwise could not have afforded at this point in time. Very much appreciated. I hope to be able to purchase a hardcover colour copy in the distant future if it makes it into production to support such great work, but for now i'll spread the news about it to my ethnobotanically interested friends who are offline in hope they purchase a few copies.

Has/Does Snu Voogelbreinder live in oz and have an account here? They make lots of appearances in this and previous texts but i've never really heard/seen people mentioning their work.

Has/Does Snu Voogelbreinder live in oz and have an account here?

Yes, he is in oz, and no I don't think he posts, although he may still have an account from years ago when he did post.

i need snu's book for my work!

i saw it 2 1/2 years ago.such a tease ,such a pain!

any idea when it will be available?

t s t .

thanks T , makes sense now :)

I do vaguely remember you mentioning this book previously t st t, maybe over at EA in a request a year or so ago :)

It has me intrigued, I too look forward to this potential text, exciting times, no doubt it'll be a wealth of drool-worthy information :drool2:

Hi I sent an email to the Shaman Aus email contact info about ordering a damaged copy of trouts notes from Canada, I figure if its still readable I could save a few bucks, but I havent recieved a reply yet - mabye someone could fill me in here? I guess I need an International MO, etc?

Cheers

Charlie

Hi Charlie, thanks for mentioning! It´s possible that replies might take a little bit longer than usual! It probably wont take long till Torsten gets aware of your post! bye Eg

Edited by Evil Genius

Im prolly(definitely) being a bit anxious... Im just wanting to act while there are still cheaper ones available...(more money for the full color "Part A" when it comes out :drool2: )

Im sure someone will be in touch.

Cheers

Charlie

Hi Charlie,

yeah i can feel you because its really a great book! But if the piece count is up to date, there are still 3 of the damaged stock left! bye Eg

I got my copy a few weeks ago. it hardely seemed damaged at all. excelent buy. :)

thanks t .

:)

hmmm, appropriate name :P

have replied to your email.

well if theres only a couple damaged copies left Id like to get one,,,,of course Ive dealt with mail between Oz and Canadadnada b4 and its murder - so well see.. Ill check my email now!

Cheers

Charlie

@#$%^&*() IT!!

I just ordered from a US distributor... too much of a hassle this way

Thanks for your attention though

Cheers

Charliewired

PS Im called charliewired cause I do custom work on tube amplifiers and guitars - so :P on you :lol:

Edited by trucha

I should like to think that my friend kt isn't making reference to me, but should he be it is quite clear from my posts that I qualify my positions as opinions, not facts. But I fully know that oftentimes some of what I say is taken as fact and presented by them as such when they seek to share my views with others.

Certainly we may often find our positions in error, but that we may present error at times doesn't mean we should never have posted at all. How boring would be the intellectual quest if it was determined that our teachers were without failings.

~Michael~

• Like 1

Edited by trucha

Trout:

Perhaps it's worthwhile looking into Print on Demand publishing using someone like Lightning Source as a good way of keeping your up-front costs down? However, the high page counts of your books, and the colour options, aren't suited to LS. But could be worth looking into for anything you release under 400 pages B&W. Print cost (per item) is higher than standard publishing, but there is no risk involved (apart from $100 or so up front), and you can still make a handy profit - also distribution through Amazon is automatic and at good profit margin.

Belf

Edited by trucha

Such a wonderful read!!!!!!

A trichocereus and cacti lovers dream!!

Funny thing is, I bought my girlfriend this book for her birthday!!!!! hahahah!!!!

Thanks sir Trout, keep it up! My girl appreciates it too :wub:

KeeperTrout is in my opinion a gatekeeper, in the media theory sense of the term, as opposed to an expert. He picks and chooses what data and information he will share with the people he is in a position to share with and adds his opinion to it.

Rather than being a cactus expert I have found Keeper to know his way around pretty much any drug you can look up. He seems to be as interested in opium and methylxanthines as much as psychedelics. My feeling is that Keeper is spot on, so to speak on his chemistry history and such, in relation to drugs.

I am not aware of any authors upon the topic of drug cacti that have formal training in vascular plant taxonomy, that being said the level of knowledge Keeper has on this topic is impressive.

So I would not classify Keeper or Mike as cactus experts, but I would label the former an expert on the use of drugs and the latter as an expert on the study of western theology.

So is Part A a dead project?

Edited by Archaea

So I would not classify Keeper or Mike as cactus experts, but I would label the former an expert on the use of drugs and the latter as an expert on the study of western theology.

I am actually a Master of Education whose training is in counseling (not school based), who has been active in a particularly crucial and emotionally demanding area of social work for a dozen years. I have a 25 year long interest in psychology, philosophy, comparative religion, history, anthropology, and mythology. My interests in "peyote" and San Pedro" stem directly out of the role of these plants in all these areas. So cactus from a botanical, and chemical, perspective are a tertiary interest of mine. I wouldn't class "theology" as one of my main areas of interest, though I know my way around it well enough, and by that I mean I can debate a true believer to doubt. :)

~Michael~

Edited by M S Smith

I have a 25 year long interest in psychology, philosophy, comparative religion, history, anthropology, and mythology. My interests in "peyote" and San Pedro" stem directly out of the role of these plants in all these areas.

Damn dude, you should start a thread about the "psychology, philosophy, comparative religion, history, anthropology, and mythology" of Peyote and San Pedro. There doesn't seem to be much if anything about that stuff in your book or posts so far which have been focused on ID and collection data, things that have little to do with the "psychology, philosophy, comparative religion, history, anthropology, and mythology" of plants.

I am still impressed by your knowledge in the area of theology.

Is someone ganna explain to me about these books??? what do these part 1, 2 etc mean??? Is there any chronography of trout's books? Or, to make it easier, which ones of his books [still available, not older versions] are about cacti and succulents?

Is there a vendor that carries all of these books, Trout, Smith or we have to track each from a different vendor....?!??!