The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
nabraxas

SBS sucks

so far SBS has dumped 6 episodes out of the 14 that make up series 10 ov South Park. These episodes were controversial, but that's what South Park does best. Without them this series has been lame at best. We wont be seeing the episode which featured the Croc Hunter or, ironically, the episodes which revolved around freedom ov speech.

If SBS has plans to show those episodes in a later time slot that's fine but otherwise i wonder why they even bothered to spend our money on it. :BANGHEAD2:

Sounds like censoring, thats not very nice :(

AS probebly one of SBS best mainstreaim shows, its kinda stupid that they would want to nit pick their episodes as not to offend anyone, which is stupid coz as far as i can remember,offending people is one of southparks good strenths

Yea tru, since when have they started putting adds on? last year there was none yea? but in their support they do need some cash to run the channel.

Down with SBS up with the comedy channel

Sbs aint ment to be a comedy channel lol, so i guess they can co exist :)

Sbs usually has good docos every now n then.Comedy channel mainly has fartjokes lol, which dont get me wrong are mad but not exactly infotainment :)

Ads on SBS started pretty much when South Park got popular.

i wonder why they even bothered to spend our money on it.

SBS receive 10% of their funding from the government. So they didn't spend much of our money on it.

And, they started ads over a year ago now guys. I swear.

They had a big campaign, explaining it at the time. Yes, they needed more funding. But, to their credit, they've got some awesome shows these days. They have, but haven't shown, the 3rd season of Chappelle's show. That must be an expensive TV program to buy.

Highest selling TV DVD of all time, I believe?

They've had ads for a while, but this year they have started advertising within programs, not just between them. Also, the quality of the ads has dropped as more mainstream businesses start advertising with them. I am starting to question whether I really like south park enough to sit through the sort of shit that they are starting to show (I have an old TV with no remote).

"They have, but haven't shown, the 3rd season of Chappelle's show. That must be an expensive TV program to buy.

Highest selling TV DVD of all time, I believe? "

Dave chappelle at his best, very fucken funny too bad he walked out.

Dave walked out coz from what iv heard he wanted freedom. the people making the show where dumbasses and dident let dave do his art form the way he wanted to. for anyone who wants to know more info on dave.........From WIki...............

Season 3 turbulence

In a June 2004 stand-up performance in Sacramento, California, Chappelle walked off the stage after berating his audience for constantly shouting "I'm Rick James, bitch!", which became a catchphrase from the popular "Rick James sketch". After a few minutes, Chappelle returned and continued by saying "The show is ruining my life." He stated that he disliked working "20 hours a day" and that the popularity of the show was making it difficult for him to continue his stand-up career which was "the most important thing" to him. He also told the audience:

“ You know why my show is good? Because the network officials say you're not smart enough to get what I'm doing, and every day I fight for you. I tell them how smart you are. Turns out, I was wrong. You people are stupid.[10] ”

In May 2005, Chappelle stunned fans and the entertainment industry when he abruptly left during production of the third season of Chappelle's Show. Chappelle has since stated that he was unhappy with the direction the show had taken, claiming pressure from network executives regarding the show's content. Chappelle left the United States to visit South Africa. His decision to visit South Africa while leaving the public in the dark regarding the details about his absence triggered reports of drug problems. On May 11, 2005, news sources reported that Chappelle had checked himself into a psychiatric facility in South Africa.[11] On May 14, Chappelle gave an interview to Time Magazine's South African bureau chief. Chappelle denied any drug or mental problems though he did have one session with a psychiatrist. Chappelle stated that his reasons for visiting South Africa were to reflect on his life and career.[12]

Altho hes jjust a comedian hes a wise one.

Sbs aint ment to be a comedy channel lol, so i guess they can co exist :)

Sbs usually has good docos every now n then.Comedy channel mainly has fartjokes lol, which dont get me wrong are mad but not exactly infotainment :)

Yeah, but anybody with access to the comedy channel would just turn to one of the 6 or 7, 24 hour a day doco channels. Crime investigation channel being one of my favourite. :P

Edited by naja naja

whats with pay tV?

why is it even MORE crap than free to air?

viva la SBS

if sbs goes don the toilet im ditching my tv, it, and abc2 are the only reason we have TV

fuck imparja ( "free" to air sattelite ala 9/10/7 crap)

Edited by Rev

dave was 'conspiracy brother' in the movie undercover brother, and in some of the commentary or something, somebody mentions how incredibly smart he seemed to be.

A PEANUT!! A PEANUT!!!!