The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Rev

Hybrid legality

....Over here, any plant or other material containing an illegal substance is a "container" for that substance and therefore illegal.
Not under federal law. Echinopsis spp., Phalaris spp., Ipomoea spp., etc. all legal unless intended for consumption. Before you say they are all too abundant to control Turbina spp. is incredibly rare in the US.
if you hybridise sally d with salvia superba or officinalis etc., pm me
Noted. How many chromosomes does Salvia div. have?

Edit: Strike that... diploid, with 2n=22.

Edited by Auxin

WOuld hand polination of sally d onto a flowering superba, or speldor have any luck of "getting knocked up" so to speak? guess, thats what we needa find out lol

cool idea

To this end, if you hybridise sally d with salvia superba or officinalis etc., pm me, I'll help you spread it across the planet. But tell noone else and don't start a plantation. Mix it with your veggies in the yard..

The cactus thing, though, is great over here. Pedro is everywhere and was way before the authorities knew shit about it.

i like your take on this

if i had such a strain, id tell none of you!

id go register the cultivar as a new variety (no pbr, just the name)

then propagate the hell out of it and get it all over the world in peoples flower beds

by the time better homes n gardens or gardening aistralia tells people how wonderful it is

and you can get it at plants r us and bunnings

thats about the time i let u know bout it :)

I think all things must be kept in a lil perspective... yeah, it'd be nice to be able to sit in the local park with a good book and a tasty joint with no worries, or to put a sign up out the front once a month saying "mushie tea party, BYO mad hats" and charge a small cover fee.. but then as we've seen with most "legal and legit" ethnos (ie tobacco, poppies in some ways, various healing herbs) the production, processing and marketing gets essentially put in the hands of a small group of people leaving the rest of us to just pay up (and up, and up). I can go buy a couple ounces of tobacco for 25 bucks, but technically I'm not allowed to have a tobacco plant weighing the same amount. I can buy poppy seeds by the kilo for nix, a bulk pack of mersyndol with added sleepytime goodness for change from 10 bucks... but for some reason can't go nicking my own heads for some tasty bitters. But then plenty of places you can't just go and buy the pills either so life could be worse. I can get a kilo of waka kava for 50 bucks with no more hassle than driving into town to start with, and various online helpful ppll can sort out a handful of something that might's'well be the "real thing" when it comes to most classes and flavours of experience and trip.

When all's said n done this related more to wanting to produce commerically than for private or sacred uses, if there's a hundred people livin in your street I'd bet 20 bucks you're the ONE person out of em that knows what sally D or kratom is, let alone what to do with it.So a few shrubs out the back is no hassle, it's just setting up acreage for the same that gets a bit dicey, or wanting to sell material bagged at the local markets.Even then, various ppl make a quiet earner selling this n that and never have a drama due to being quiet, having some respect and not insulting anyones intelligence. As a country we tend to judge more on behaviour than reasons...so if you tell someone you've eaten a bunch of seeds and now are pleasant, chatty, charmingly childlike, not driving, then it probably won't be an issue. But if you're tear arseing around with no pants on screeching about being the lizard king and dry humping underage phoneboxes, then we get a lil more concerned.

Take a look at some of the things that we as a bunch of greenlings have growing in our own little patches, and then look at the mass seed storage half of us have. Now assume that there's other seeds around as well but not makin it into the lists haha. I don't think we have it too bad.Given we still have decent health standards, clean water, immunisation, somewhat free education, dave hughes, all the trappings of a fine society. But you can still get fucked up off a few dozen different things if you really want.The ol DXM is still OTC which I find kind of surprising given the cyberfication of kiddy culture these days, but maybe it's too much fun for the average self respecting emo kiddy haha.

Some places have very laid back laws and approaches to this kind of thing, but then, having lived in a tribal island area huggin the equator, maybe the easy drug culture isn't worth the joblessness, domestic violence, alcoholism and local corruption.Spending weekends hanging out with local 10 and 12 year olds that literally have their own ganj plants and SKK rifles for illegally shooting dear and crocs.Sittin in class in grade 4 and realising that you were just about the only straight person in the room, teacher included. On the other hand, it was also a place where you said hello to EVERYONE as they passed you, food was fairly communal even up on Snob Hill (read: 10 foot fenced alsation equipped govt. employee residential area) and locals felt free to sing and dance their way thru life's little events. Where Mother Mary and Milk Tree Devil Women could hang out hand in hand.

Anyway, if you were allowed to have a yard full of whatever you want, thatd be great, but noone else in the area would bother. So guess who's garden the local kiddies are now stage diving into every night of the week after friday nights fun? :P

Just about anything can be grown if you stick it in a vege patch or somewhere full of weeds, only people that look are other plant people anyway, and most of us don't really care so long as you don't notice us using the hose down the back at midnight in the middle of the week :D

still waitin on my POTatoes here...also we need ephedrine put into corn for the ultimate breakfast cereal.

GD

i like your take on this

if i had such a strain, id tell none of you!

id go register the cultivar as a new variety (no pbr, just the name)

then propagate the hell out of it and get it all over the world in peoples flower beds

by the time better homes n gardens or gardening aistralia tells people how wonderful it is

and you can get it at plants r us and bunnings

thats about the time i let u know bout it :)

Lol, yea that would be the way to go about it. Kinda reminds me of the little shop of horrors storyline for some reason lol.

But if you're tear arseing around with no pants on screeching about being the lizard king and dry humping underage phoneboxes, then we get a lil more concerned.

Lmao.

You bring up some good points too.

But you cant have salvias with or without preparation of the herb coz like Anodyne said, the chemical compound would still be in the said plant,and the plant ANd the chem are both illigal.

If Gm starts happening then ild think they would make a system like they did with RC where even compounds that resemble known active ones are instantly banned ( i think).. Thats how the Analogues Act acts yea? or somthing similer, either that or im thinking of america

Then having many wattle's in your back yerd is a crime. Also in some states the jail time is only for the plant and not the active ingredient in salvia's.

If they end up introducing something like the analogues act, which they probably wouldent do so for non hybridized plants.

thats not to say they wont or cant though in a law next week saying any plants containing Dmt will be banned, but thats a diff story.

Thoreticly lets just say that a new strain of basil comes out that contains THC chems or salvorin, then the plant would probebly be legal, but only for as long as the govs relizes that its been Gmed and that its the new "great satan drug" then theld prolly start somthing like the A Act to near instantly make any new hybrids containing anything they dont want illegal under the "general well being" act or some shite.