The Corroboree
paradox

trichocereus scopulicolus

i've done a search here and didn't come up with much.

i know there are quite a few of these amongst the community and would really like to get peoples opinion about them in regards to their entheogenic value etc.

are they very sought after?

thankin you all

para

I actually couldnt get any info from the community regarding this... I did contact k.trout in regards to this species, and I was informed that it was active which has been confirmed via bioassay rather than chem analysis. Reports on its strength vary from weaker than pach, to stronger than pach... so who knows about that... experimentation where legal I guess. As far as being sought after... this seems to be the most common trich available at your local garden centre... so most likely, not sought after in the case of rarity.

Edited by shroomytoonos

People asking about potency please it is really a POINTLESS exercise, eileen is strong, but eileen grown under different conditions could be incredibly different, even post harvest treatment could make a difference. For every trich species known to contain mescaline assume variable values, for specific clones you can get away with an approximate value but that in itself can vary.

Best thing to do, buy some chunks, make a water brew out of them and boil to decent size. Then extract a known volume of boiled down extract via a/b, this gives a value which is per the volume you extracted thus you can work out the potency, its standardised. Store in freezer and if there isnt enough then add to another batch. Only do this where legal, it is the only infalable way(if done correctly) to determine concentration of a cactus as it is in your posession.

Shroomy the reason you got no info from the community is because it is so variable, exactly what trout told you.

Edited by teonanacatl

Shroomy the reason you got no info from the community is because it is so variable, exactly what trout told you.

it's not that I didnt get info regarding potency, I actually couldnt get info at all regarding activity. I wasnt complaining about the community, just referring to the fact that I had also made enquires along the same lines

I think they are the one of the most attractive columnar cacti.

i don't want to know relative potency, i know how pointless that is!

i just want to know peoples past experiences and hear opinions regarding it's entheogenic value.

for instance there has been much discussion about the perceived "dark" experiences that some people report from certain forms of bridgesii. these experiences could be largely subjective, but i don't know, as i have never experienced it.

i want to know what peoples FOAF's subjective experiences are with it and peoples opinion of it as an ethnobotanical in general.

oh and sorry for calling it a trich!

for future reference i'm referring to echinopsis scopulicolus!

i have heard that it is a substitute for pachanoi and relatively similar in potency etc but i don't know from experience, only what i have been told. I've got a few growing in my garden and i love the look of them, nice solid chunky looking things just begging to be planted and grown.

usually it is courtesy to thank someone for trying to help, before you totally disregard the effort they have put in to help.

sorry shroomy i didn't mean to dis you man, honest! i was replying to teo's post not yours!

looking back i realise it looks like i was telling you to get fucked, shit man, sorry for that i'd never deliberately do that, i'm stoked to have your feedback! i hate making people feel crap! i hope you realise i wasn't putting you down!

i actually read teo's post first and hadn't read your post when i posted that. you understand?

yeah, sorry, i guess I may have over reacted a little, hope I didnt make u feel bad also, I might edit my post. All is good :)

Edited by shroomytoonos

Lol good to see you guys being nice :)

Sorry generally when people talke about entheogenic value this normally correlates to concentration of mescaline. Interms of entheogenic experience anything will give you effects if you eat enough.

Edited by teonanacatl

Lol good to see you guys being nice :)

Sorry generally when people talke about entheogenic value this normally correlates to concentration of mescaline. Interms of entheogenic experience anything will give you effects if you eat enough.

even apples?

shroomy if you ate enough apples or nothing but apples for long enough im sure you would experience some effects.

shroomy if you ate enough apples or nothing but apples for long enough im sure you would experience some effects.

So which will get me off my face more, Granny Smiths or Pink Ladies?

So which will get me off my face more, Granny Smiths or Pink Ladies?

lol!!

effects are obtained by messing with your bodies biochemistry, whether or not these effects are psychoactive or not depends. But I bet if you ate enough apples you would feel some effects, and if you ate only apples for long enough I bet you would experience some pretty crazy effects, same as for fasting. If you eat enough apples for long enough your body would have a huge excess of some compounds and probably a depleation in others, messing with biochemistry, therefore you might start to feel light headed or who knows. I used to eat around 10 apples a day, so you would havta do more then that, 500 per day would be a good start.

Edited by teonanacatl

Lol - probably give you the trots more than anything :P

Lol - probably give you the trots more than anything :P

That is what I was thinking Ace. If not that severe gas.

My fiance's grandfather ate nothing but carrots and ended up with diabetes...........

My fiance's grandfather ate nothing but carrots and ended up with diabetes...........

was he bugs bunny?

As far as ethnogenic properties, ie. the possibilty of a psychedelic/mind altering/life changing experience in regards to eating a shitload of apples and the subsequent trots/diahorrea that would surely follow i have this to say:

Sitting on the can for 6 hours with bodily fluids being forced out form both ends after a food poisoning episode was one of THE MOST intense, nightmarish, introspective psychedelic mind journeys I've ever gone through. :puke:

peace, love and Apples for all!

:P:lol::blush:

was he bugs bunny?

I never thought of that before, but it would expain his ears......

Anyway, back to the apples. I'd say grannysmiths would be the more active type, old people get all sorts of cool drugs :wink:

many years ago my friend had some acid tabs called Pink Ladies.

but if you're gonna eat apples why not just say....stop drinking water. i hear dying of thirst is quite a trip.