The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
paradox

anti rot teks for cuttings

i've just taken some cuttings from my big peruvianoid and it's been really humid the last few days and i need to find out ways of stopping fungoids and rot while i wait for them to scab up.

i've already noticed some orange fungoid appearing and it's not been hot or dry enough to stop this happening.

i don't really want to use artificial anti fungals but i will if i have to. i don't have much experience with cuttings, can someone help me out?

i've just taken some cuttings from my big peruvianoid and it's been really humid the last few days and i need to find out ways of stopping fungoids and rot while i wait for them to scab up.

i've already noticed some orange fungoid appearing and it's not been hot or dry enough to stop this happening.

i don't really want to use artificial anti fungals but i will if i have to. i don't have much experience with cuttings, can someone help me out?

elemental sulphur.....cut bottom off again... pencil it slightly, so when it dries, it doesnt dry with a hollow. The get the sulpher from a nursery/bunnings or something. Mine comes in granules... i crush into powder, and riub over cut.

Edited by shroomytoonos

elemental sulphur.....cut bottom off again... pencil it slightly, so when it dries, it doesnt dry with a hollow. The get the sulpher from a nursery/bunnings or something. Mine comes in granules... i crush into powder, and riub over cut.

thanks

does it matter if the bottom is a little hollow? as it wouldn't hold water. does it effect growth etc?

could you buy elemental sulphur from a hardware store or would it have to be a nursery/bunnings?

thanks

does it matter if the bottom is a little hollow? as it wouldn't hold water. does it effect growth etc?

could you buy elemental sulphur from a hardware store or would it have to be a nursery/bunnings?

i dont know if it matters if it is hollow, thats just what I have been told to do.. dont know about where to buy it... I have just bought it from garden centre... I dont know if hardware stock it, but they may

Paradox,

Anti rot tech..........well I just leave the cuts to callous in a dry area with partial sun and plenty of air flow. After a week I have stood them up so that the cut section is downward facing and within a few weeks the roots start to appear. Once the roots show themselves then plant as normal.

Some of the issues I have had in rooting cuttings have been post planting but pre root growth so if the roots are already there then it should be sweet........has been for me.

btw, the orange funk you speak of has been spoken about before and I have had it a couple of times with fresh cut logs. I sterilised my cacti knife and cut a couple of centimetres off that end and re-callous, no worries.

Cheers..............Bongchitis