The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
XipeTotec

Wanted, Sceletium seed/cuttings.. kanna.. canna..kougoed

happy to trade or pay... also anyone have info on ease of growing from seed or cuttings?

happy to trade or pay... also anyone have info on ease of growing from seed or cuttings?

PM me if you want a small S.tortuosum plant.

You interested in Delosperma Bosseranum live plants? Similar chemical activities, much stonier though, in my books.

Doesn't seem to contain oxalic acid either.

You interested in Delosperma Bosseranum live plants? Similar chemical activities, much stonier though, in my books.

Doesn't seem to contain oxalic acid either.

perhaps... any info on traditional use? a reference I have states the major active alkaloids as dmt and mmt, which differs from the main active alkaloid of kanna. It is obviously a plant of interest none the less, and I will get back to you on that one.

Edited by shroomytoonos

perhaps... any info on traditional use? a reference I have states the major active alkaloids as dmt and mmt, which differs from the main active alkaloid of kanna. It is obviously a plant of interest none the less, and I will get back to you on that one.

true that benzito., delosperma love..do you still ferment your delosperma?

Also the root seems to be more potent than aerial parts.

Yeah, with my delosperma I only use the roots.

I don't bother with fermentation, it seems to have no oxalic acid. :wink:

I dry the root, powder it, and smoke it through a bong.

A few cones works a treat. :)

It gives you a body buzz, like scelly, but with heavyness in the limbs and a slight mental fogging. Reminds me slightly of mary jane...

Sorry, no references off-hand. I just know what I know.

I bought some root-powder from Darcy @ Herbalistics once, and fell in love with the stuff. Bought a pot with about 10 Delosperma seedlings @ SAB around 3 years ago and now have stacks of the shit! Anyone who has traded with me ever noticed I always offer Delosperma seedlings? :lol:

So with a Delosperma, my understanding was that the root/rootball holds the actives. Should we then assume that the plant must be entirely uprooted, therefore life discontinued ? Ive tried the powdered root once, to no effect, subtle or otherwise. Although we are all wired by differing circuits, eh.....

The potential for Sceletium (if indeed the actives are comparable in consumption, if not specifically chemically), then to run a small jungle of Scel that can be harvested without ending the plant entirely might be a good option ? Observations on a recent purchase of a 'seedling' suggest that the S.t grows as a prolific succulent.

Scelly is fairly slow growing as I understand it. My cuttings are certainly living up to that rep. Most of their growth is done during the colder months so I've read, see how they go this winter. Also including the roots is an important part of the fermentation process so you pretty much have to sacrifice it for the greater good. They take well from cuttings so this is not at all the end of the plant.

I read that scelly seeds are erratic to germinate.

This could be very true as I am trying to germinate some now. Had them in high temps on a heated pad, not one has popped yet. (Might have cooked em)

Have now moved them to cooler spot.

I could use a sceletium cutting myself, or two :)